Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker (15731 Views)

Makarfi Surrenders, Recognises Modu Sheriff As National Chairman / Ben Bruce:'I Am Supporting Ali Modu Sheriff As PDP Chairman'.See Reactions(pics) / Court Sacks Sheriff As PDP Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by ukanaukana(m): 2:33pm On May 24, 2016
PDP, a party of confused elements

1 Like

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by deebsman1(m): 2:36pm On May 24, 2016
PDP house of confusion

1 Like

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by ukanaukana(m): 2:42pm On May 24, 2016
tuale4u:
Justice Ibrahim Buba of a Federal High Court in Lagos has declared as invalid the caretaker committee constituted over the weekend to take over the affairs of the Peoples Democratic Party from its acting National Chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff.

The judge, in a ruling on Monday, directed the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, to enforce his order, barring the members of the constituted caretaker committee from taking over the affairs of the party.

Details later…

http://www.punchng.com/court-declares-pdp-caretaker-committee-illegal/

Awaiting the final burial of PigDeePig

1 Like

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Btruth: 2:46pm On May 24, 2016
A house divided..... grin
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Adonkia(m): 2:47pm On May 24, 2016
Mynd44:
Two contradictory judgements from two judges in one afternoon.

I need popcorn
Na which one we go follow?.
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by greatmen: 3:00pm On May 24, 2016
Is OK grin grin grin Abeg contact me for cheap tomatoes every problem get solution
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Charly68: 3:07pm On May 24, 2016
Over to the higher court for further adjudication. The learned justices have expressed their minds . Until this matter reaches the supreme of controversy the last is yet to be heard. Nigerians should be praying that supreme court should not destroy our legal system..The rivers election validation is tantamount to validation of electoral brigandism in the country

1 Like

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by bigerboy200: 3:07pm On May 24, 2016
dukie25:
See what APC government have done to the judiciary.
Two courts giving different interpretations of our laws.
U will blame APC for everything. Even for not being able to satisfy ur partner on bed..

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 24, 2016
Why would they table the same suit in front of two different courts? I must be missing something
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by anytexy: 3:15pm On May 24, 2016
[quote author=pat077 post=45925840]Sheriff, is it by force to be chairman? [/quot

I tired ooo.
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by modath(f): 3:18pm On May 24, 2016
daretodiffer:
Why would they table the same suit in front of two different courts? I must be missing something

Nope, na two different matters...

Sheriff wants to remain till 2018 according to what the PDP constitution (I'm not 100% sure) says and the 2nd one is straightforward, PDP constitution does not recognise a caretaker committee which makes saturday's charade a nullity...

You get it now?

1 Like

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by fyneguy: 3:19pm On May 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

The Plaintiff in PH is the Defendant in Lagos and vice-versa grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by otokx(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2016
Mynd44:
Two contradictory judgements from two judges in one afternoon.

I need popcorn

One of the judges will have to loose his job.
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Ejehjoe(m): 3:25pm On May 24, 2016
The Babalawo that brought APC to power is working....he just threw "confusion" into the camp of the enemies.
Pls organise another convention and nominate Fayose as chairman. He may have enough talisman to quash the work of APC babalawo.
I just pity the IGP Arase....

1 Like

Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Kaykay(m): 4:00pm On May 24, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by vickylincon(m): 4:16pm On May 24, 2016
dukie25:
wetin apc do
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 24, 2016
It is not enough reason to have the same suit before two different courts. Mo.dath has cleared it for me. thanks
fyneguy:

The Plaintiff in PH is the Defendant in Lagos and vice-versa grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 24, 2016
Thanks. I understand now however I think both issues are intertwined, don't you think they should have joined the suits together?
modath:

Nope, na two different matters...

Sheriff wants to remain till 2018 according to what the PDP constitution (I'm not 100% sure) says and the 2nd one is straightforward, PDP constitution does not recognise a caretaker committee which makes saturday's charade a nullity...

You get it now?
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by modath(f): 6:21pm On May 24, 2016
daretodiffer:
Thanks. I understand now however I think both issues are intertwined, don't you think they should have joined the suits together?

No because they are two separate factions and they each want to be in control ...

Sheriff's judgement is clear, PDP's constitution has no provision for caretaker committee so Markafi and the governors have hit over the bar.

As for PH judgement, they are seeking to restrain Ali Shekau from continuing on as chairman because "they" already sacked him at the convention which is even another quagmire since there is a subsisting court orders barring elections into the positions of Chairman, Secretary and Auditor which was gotten from a lagos Fed high court by a "nameless" entity...

If you still don't get it, let me know what you feel... maybe i may lead from there.
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 24, 2016
Do you mean two factions as in Sheriff against the Governors(committee) Or is it two different factions (two suits) against Sheriff's

Don't worry. I will do a bit of Googling later in the evening. Thanks.

modath:

No because they are two separate factions and they each want to be in control ...

Sheriff's judgement is clear, PDP's constitution has no provision for caretaker committee so Markafi and the governors have hit over the bar.

As for PH judgement, they are seeking to restrain Ali Shekau from continuing on as chairman because "they" already sacked him at the convention which is even another quagmire since there is a subsisting court orders barring elections into the positions of Chairman, Secretary and Auditor which was gotten from a lagos Fed high court by a "nameless" entity...

If you still don't get it, let me know what you feel... maybe i may lead from there.
Re: Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker by contactlenz: 7:00pm On May 24, 2016
dukie25:

Wetin concern APC for PDP wahala.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. / Pipeline Explosion Rocks Iyana Odo – LASU (video) / Peter Obi Sympathises With Victims Of Lagos Train/Bus Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.