Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,193 members, 7,845,933 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

FIFA Sacks Deputy Secretary General Kattner - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Sacks Deputy Secretary General Kattner (459 Views)

Breaking News: DSS Sends Giwa Packing, Reinstates Pinnick & Secretary General. / Croatia Sacks Coach, Vukojevic Ahead Of England Semi-final Clash / UN Secretary-general Antonio Guterres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Sacks Deputy Secretary General Kattner by free2ryhme: 1:01pm On May 24, 2016
A FIFA investigation revealed Markus Kattner "breached his fiduciary responsibilities" and he has subsequently been dismissed.

Deputy secretary general Markus Kattner has been sacked by FIFA following "breaches of his fiduciary responsibilities."

The German has been reported to have been aware of the "disloyal payment" made by then-president Sepp Blatter to Michel Platini in 2011. The payment resulted in the pair being banned from all football-related activity for six years – the Frenchman's suspension has since been reduced to four following an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Kattner joined FIFA as the finance director in 2003 and had been serving as acting secretary general since January after Jerome Valcke was hit with a 12-year ban duo to FIFA's Ethics Committee finding him guilty of numerous acts of misconduct.

However, Kattner has now been dismissed by world football's governing body after an internal investigation uncovered wrongdoing on his part.

"FIFA's deputy secretary general Markus Kattner has been dismissed from his position effective immediately," an official statement read. "FIFA's internal investigation uncovered breaches of his fiduciary responsibilities in connection with his employment contract."

Fatma Samba Diouf Samoura was announced as the next secretary general at the 66th FIFA Congress this month. She will assume the role in June.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1786/fifa/2016/05/23/23857052/fifa-sacks-deputy-secretary-general-kattner?ICID=OP
Re: FIFA Sacks Deputy Secretary General Kattner by free2ryhme: 1:01pm On May 24, 2016
another fraud grin
Re: FIFA Sacks Deputy Secretary General Kattner by olatunjithomas(m): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
free2ryhme:
another fraud grin

good afternoon boss, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but there is one thing I need from you,

Nd I will be so glad if I can get it from you boss

with due respect boss, I had like you to support falconey for
Mr nairaland 2016. you've done it before, you're a champion,
you can do it again.

the profile is www.nairaland.com/falconey

thanks boss, respect.

if you like to join the WhatsApp group ,you can PM me, I'll sort that out.

thanks once again my bro

TEAMFALCONEY.

VOTING WILL COMMENCE ON MONDAY 18th JULY 2016.

(1) (Reply)

Blind Sends Message To Man Utd Fans Over Jose Mourinho / 6 Things Stephen Keshi Achieved That No Other Coach Did / Some Players Upgraded By Late Stephen Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.