Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law (1842 Views)

New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun / My Encounter With Pattybf For Vehicle Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by nurey(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2016
Since I am less busy and bored staying at home, I decided I needed to go out and see what the world looks like. So my first stop was at the licensing office at sura lagos since it was closer to me.

I got there around 3:00pm after making sure I finished my bowl of garri and nasco biscuit to sustain me since am too lazy to cook (No be my fault nah economy cause am).

Getting to the office I was shocked, it was as silent as a grave yard nawa, be like say workers Don go source for fresh tomatoes for market. I walked majestically inside feeling fly, after all, it's not easy to be a graduate. I met one guy there and explained my self, he didn't waste time dishing out his number for me to call him and started billing me
1. Registration nah around #3500 with alert,
2. Insurance just do the 5k own cause they will arrest you for the #2500 and still yet they will do it, instead of rejecting processing for individuals looking for cheap one
3. Road worthiness nah 4k also you will bring your car for inspection.

Chai which one is bring car for inspection, are they going to scan it. Well, I left and promised to come back when I don hustle the money. I still have 2weeks left before my expiry deadline.

Today, I told my brother in law who has always been doing it for me and he said, at the vio office his car was rejected Road worthy because he had a cracked wind shield, even the vio boss promised to help him with 5k out of 15k to fix the wind shield if he went and fixed it, the guy just run comot.

So I went to an autoreg centre personally today, had to waste 1:30mins cause the Personnel in charge went to get materials. Paid for licensing at #2500, insurance at #5000, went to the vio office around panti yaba and they said I need to bring the car before they can certify it Road worthy. I just pack my legs and went home, hoping to continue another day.
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by DGD1(m): 2:17pm On May 24, 2016
is it the sienna (sports edition) or the almera (kingreign's micra).

I feel it's a good start, no more business as usual
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by kingreign(m): 2:27pm On May 24, 2016
nurey:
Since I am less busy and bored staying at home, I decided I needed to go out and see what the world looks like. So my first stop was at the licensing office at sura lagos since it was closer to me.

I got there around 3:00pm after making sure I finished my bowl of garri and nasco biscuit to sustain me since am too lazy to cook (No be my fault nah economy cause am).

Getting to the office I was shocked, it was as silent as a grave yard nawa, be like say workers Don go source for fresh tomatoes for market. I walked majestically inside feeling fly, after all, it's not easy to be a graduate. I met one guy there and explained my self, he didn't waste time dishing out his number for me to call him and started billing me
2. Insurance just do the 5k own cause they will arrest you for the #2500 and still yet they will do it, instead of rejecting processing for individuals looking for cheap one

Chai which one is bring car for inspection, are they going to scan it. Well, I left and promised to come back when I don hustle the money. I still have 2weeks left before my expiry deadline.

Today, I told my brother in law who has always been doing it for me and he said, at the vio office his car was rejected Road worthy because he had a cracked wind shield, even the vio boss promised to help him with 5k out of 15k to fix the wind shield if he went and fixed it, the guy just run comot.

So I went to an autoreg centre personally today, had to waste 1:30mins cause the Personnel in charge went to get materials. Paid for licensing at #2500, insurance at #5000, went to the vio office around panti yaba and they said I need to bring the car before they can certify it Road worthy. I just pack my legs and went home, hoping to continue another day.

chai market don spoil.
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by nurey(m): 3:21pm On May 24, 2016
DGD1:
is it the sienna (sports edition) or the almera (kingreign's micra).

I feel it's a good start, no more business as usual

you have joined gazzuzz and co in the clown section abi grin kontunu. The turbo charged almera has started life with someone else, its the Bi-Turbo Kompressor sienna TRD am talking about. tongue
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by nurey(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2016
kingreign:

chai market don spoil.
yoruba have a saying "if someone else own no spoil, another person own no go better" cool

Vio personnel even to the gateman don hammer for this new policy grin
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:34pm On May 24, 2016
nurey:

VIO is a national document, call any of your guys in Ogun or Oyo to do it for you, scan and send.
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by nurey(m): 4:42pm On May 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

VIO is a national document, call any of your guys in Ogun or Oyo to do it for you, scan and send.

I didn't know lagos vio know law pass other states. I will go with the car since am less busy and see what magic they want to perform on the car. I also need a speed limiter my please, my turbo charged engine reaches 350km/h at the slightest depress of the throttle. Lol
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by Stancity(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2016
nurey:

I didn't know lagos vio know law pass other states. I will go with the car since am less busy and see what magic they want to perform on the car. I also need a speed limiter my please, my turbo charged engine reaches 350km/h at the slightest depress of the throttle. Lol
Maybe you are unknowingly driving a plane or speed boat in form of a car.. Lol
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by nurey(m): 9:36am On May 26, 2016
I was at vio office today to complete my registration. Got there early but they opened around 9am. They checked the headlamp, trafficactor, wiper and asked for extinguisher. They collected 2500 for document renewal and I was on my way.

1 Like

Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by diportivo: 12:10pm On May 26, 2016
nurey:
I was at vio office today to complete my registration. Got there early but they opened around 9am. They checked the headlamp, trafficactor, wiper and asked for extinguisher. They collected 2500 for document renewal and I was on my way.

Is dat all??

They didnt check for emission related codes?

Expired tyres?

"superglued" tail lamp like mine?

Thread on spare tyre etc?

I need to see the chief VIS

they shld check for more
Re: Attention! Attention!! Vehicle Registration Renewal, New Law by nurey(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2016
diportivo:

Is dat all??

They didnt check for emission related codes?

Expired tyres?

"superglued" tail lamp like mine?

Thread on spare tyre etc?

I need to see the chief VIS

they shld check for more
Those are the only thing they checked. Even for commercial jalopies. But you will be handed a road worthy sticker along with the documents which you need to stick on your glass

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!! My Rx330 Gear 10pin / 2021 Toyota Yaris Cross Unveiled With Hybrid And AWD / Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.