Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River (28572 Views)

Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? / Two Trucks Of Fulanis Intercepted At A Military Checkpoint In Cross River.Photos / Japan To Invest $1bn In Lagos Monorail Project.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by hotprayerzones: 4:56pm On May 24, 2016
Na wa oo this country need serious prayers
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by kunle75(m): 4:56pm On May 24, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:
So when is Buhari going to commission federal project?

when GEJ and his cohort returns all our looted patrimony,he will start commissioning federal projects................in di ara
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by anonimi: 5:00pm On May 24, 2016
chikel2000:
Dis s more like change, was it constructed by the federal government?

No.
It was done by the PDP-led state government.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by Gordieshegz(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2016
Orji Uzor kalu was the Cross River state's variant of Tinubu..
only a visioner could have thought of a project like tinapa..whatever cross river is today,that man set the foundation
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by madridsta007(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2016
chikel2000:
Dis s more like change, was it constructed by the federal government?

It was constructed by Gov Ayade, of the PDP. It is a State Project.
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by hedonistic: 5:05pm On May 24, 2016
Nonsense. I'm sure he will cancel the trip at the last minute because of a boil on his left yansh. Useless creature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by Slitman: 5:05pm On May 24, 2016
Elose11:
Amaechi and Fashola how market? You both spent eight years as governors of Rivers and Lagos states; wasted billions of your states' resources on monorail without success. Look at Ayade, barely one year old in office, with less resources, has done the impossible: a monorail is ready for commissioning! Shame on you both. May God bless governor Ayade and the good people of Cross River. And may God punish those that wasted Rivers and Lagos resources on white elephant projects!
Why drain your energy on Fashola ? You don't sound like someone who have been tO Lagos before . . . Nor let sentiment kill you o

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by ofiko123(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2016
Ambode won't like this.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by wink2015(m): 5:10pm On May 24, 2016
[b][size=18pt]The great vision of former governor Donald Duke is at play. Where is the one done by Former Governor James Onanefe Ibori of Delta state and his successor, Governor Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan?

Ibori and Uduaghan was just eating money. Warri and the entire Delta state is as dry as dry corn. Efcc will soon be after Uduaghan

I like the way President Buhari is identifying with the developmental strides of Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River state. Some months back he was at the state to commission a highway that leads from cross river state down to northern nigeria. This is commendable.

In the Niger Delta, the states that are moving forward with infrastructural development is Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Edo states, and to some little extent Rivers states. The likes of Delta states, Bayelsa states has nothing to show for their huge money earned from the federation account being an oil and gas producing states.

Edo state under Governor Oshiomole would have done better if he had the kind of resources being at the disposal of core oil producing states in the Niger delta.

Former governor Uduaghan achieved nothing in Delta states, it is the wounds that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa is still treating today.

[/size]
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by mmsen: 5:10pm On May 24, 2016
Let him stay in Abuja or tend to his cows in Daura.

Cross River will move forward without him, better he stays away.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by fabolouz1(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2016
While it's just a few metre but it worth commending Gov.Ayade for completing it after his predecessor left it @ 70% completion. He should also be bold enough to ensure the original master plan of the monorail from tinapa resort to Margaret Ekpo intl airport is given attention.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by Elose11(m): 5:17pm On May 24, 2016
MadCow1:

Calabar Monorail is like Wheelbarrow in comparison to Lagos and like Okada in comparison to Rivers State. The distance of the Calabar rail line is nowhere near that of Rivers State talkless of Lagos state own.

I was expecting somebody to take the bait and diss Lagos and PH, sadly you did..

Ask before you leap..

Lagos Monorail Project is still the best in Nigeria and will be one of its kind in the entire West African sub-region when completed.. Rivers State Monorail would have been a close second, but the foolishness and short sightedness of the Niger Deltans and the politics of backwardness being played by the PDP in the State.
That is why they are white elephant projects. Cut your coat according to your cloth is a common adage in Nigeria. Before Fashola and Amaechi embarked on those projects, did they check the cost and duration. They were both playing to the gallery. Whereas they were building theirs in the mass media, Cross River was constructing their monorail without fanfare. No noise making. The result: Cross River will be commioning theirs, while that of Amaechi and Fashola with all their noise and hot airs are confined to the dustbin of history. Not how big, my friend, but who complete theirs!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by godfirstawe: 5:18pm On May 24, 2016
MadCow1:
Where this Monorail dey for Calabar abeg?

Cos I no see am the last time I was there.

Go to tinapa. .It conveys people from tinapa to cicc across the lake
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by Akpan107(m): 5:18pm On May 24, 2016
Wealthgang:
Kudos to CR govt. Wish my state (delta) governors were like this. From Ibori to Uduaghan to Okowa

Yes we know who the HUGE CROWDS are. They keep flooding other pple's already developed places n refuse to go back home. Soon they'll claim they're d ones who developed CR. They even fight their hosts n contest 4 positions in other pple's lands.
Yet they keep mas2bating over topics of secession while they type from other pple's lands (Lag, PH, Abj, Kano, etc) instead of their 'beloved' landlocked infertile place.
Go NW, NE, NC, SS, SW, na them full there, even in d interior villages. Yet they claim to hate Nigeria so much. They hate d president but I'm sure if u go to Daura, u'll still see them there.

I no call name o!

This applies only to d seccessionist tribalist nzuzus among them, not d generality of them.
You sound soo aggressive! the only problem none Igbos Southerners has is laziness. the igbos are are too successful because they move around to make money. they dont sit in a place waiting for money to come meet them. they are too successful. pls stop the hate.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by Charly68: 5:18pm On May 24, 2016
truthalways:

Do you think Cross river mono rail was started by Ben Ayade?

Please stop deceiving people by passing incorrect information.
God bless you my brother! Some people are poorly informed
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by dukie25: 5:19pm On May 24, 2016
abdulskulboy:
you are a dog

Why not prove me wrong by listing the infrastructures initiated and completed by Bubu?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by MadCow1: 5:22pm On May 24, 2016
Elose11:

That is why they are white elephant projects. Cut your coat according to your cloth is a common adage in Nigeria. Before Fashola and Amaechi embarked on those projects, did they check the cost and duration. They were both playing to the gallery. Whereas they were building theirs in the mass media, Cross River was constructing their monorail without fanfare. No noise making. The result: Cross River will be commioning theirs, while that of Amaechi and Fashola with all their noise and hot airs are confined to the dustbin of history. Not how big, my friend, but who complete theirs!

Uncle..

Any Monorail that can be built up in 4 years no be monorail, na short cut be that.. grin

I have travelled the world and taken rides on some of the most amazing railways and trains and those things were not built in 10 years sef.. Even the London Underground has been over 150 years in the making and they are still building.. grin

The Chicago rails started in 1836.. And till today, they are still building.

Lagos State Monorail is still under construction, nothing about that project is a White Elephant Project.

Rivers State Monorail has been suspended because Politics beclouded better judgment.

Lagos State just secured a 1 Billion Dollar investment in their monorail from Japan.. That is not a white elephant project my guy. I have seen the works ongoing in Lagos and its amazing (yet them never complete am)..

Thats like saying Eko Atlantic is a white elephant project because Fashola did not complete it. grin

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by 6pax: 5:23pm On May 24, 2016
wink2015:
The great vision of former governor Donald Duke is at play. Where is the one done by Former Governor James Onanefe Ibori of Delta state and his successor, Governor Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan?

Ibori and Uduaghan was just eating money. Warri and the entire Delta state is as dry as dry corn. Efcc will soon be after Uduaghan

I like the way President Buhari is identifying with the developmental strides of Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River state. Some months back he was at the state to commission a highway that leads from cross river state down to northern nigeria. This is commendable.

[size=30pt]calabar monorail started 2006 (over 10yrs and spans three administration)
Distance covered less than 1km and just a track specifically for tourism

Rivers monorail started 2011 (5yrs), double track for mass transit
distance covered so far slightly over 2.5km
And wike abandoned the project because of politics angry [/size]

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by mmsen: 5:28pm On May 24, 2016
colli247:
calabar the best city in south

In the entire country.

Safe, clean, civil.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by ancientbanana: 5:30pm On May 24, 2016
realjoker:
.Lolz. been expecting this.
This project was start by Liyel Imoke and completed by Ben Ayade
What stop Wike from completing Ameachi rail project as he named it? . Ans. PDP backward way of playing politics. His believe is Amechi will take the glory hence abandon the project and start other project.
Lagos: Ambode has assure lagosians of completing the all the rail projects before 2019.
Meanwhile I have to commend governor Ben Ayade for completing this great project.
guy I guess u don't stay in ph. Monorail was an amaechi scam. He claimed d project was pulsed became it will cost so much as they will need to bring down a lot of buildings like presidential hotel, NDDC building etc. But d question is didn't he see the blue print before starting? Y start u spend billions n den realize u can't continue? Y didn't he take it to the greater ph city? The monorail amaechi claims to have done is a very short distance Dat a cripple can trek,frm lagos busstop to utc junction just before Park. Like 2km. That project is a fraud n a failed one.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by mmsen: 5:32pm On May 24, 2016
Elose11:

They are all good for the nation.

I don't know why you people have to start attacking each other.

The Calabar monorail makes sense for Tinapa.

Lagos is in desperate need of better real estate, both residential and business. It also needs improved mass transit - those danfos, okadas and old taxis should be removed from the roads.

The Port Harcourt project on the other hand seems poorly thought out. I'm not sure if it was politics that caused Wike to abandon the project but Amaechi has a record of wasting money. The quality of the projects (roads) that he did complete were of low quality especially when compared to that which was built in Uyo. And people seem to have forgotten about the expensive hospital that was never built but for which the funds seem to have gone to.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by ancientbanana: 5:32pm On May 24, 2016
MadCow1:

Calabar Monorail is like Wheelbarrow in comparison to Lagos and like Okada in comparison to Rivers State. The distance of the Calabar rail line is nowhere near that of Rivers State talkless of Lagos state own.

I was expecting somebody to take the bait and diss Lagos and PH, sadly you did..

Ask before you leap..

Lagos Monorail Project is still the best in Nigeria and will be one of its kind in the entire West African sub-region when completed.. Rivers State Monorail would have been a close second, but the foolishness and short sightedness of the Niger Deltans and the politics of backwardness being played by the PDP in the State.
keep deceiving urself. Chai u amaechi fooled u oooo

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 24, 2016
What of Amaethief Monorail in Port Harcourt ?

So much for a minister of transport.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by osusuallstars: 5:41pm On May 24, 2016
When was it started and when was it completed. What is the distance? And what problem will it solve in Cal
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by nnemak(m): 5:44pm On May 24, 2016
Please note that calabar mono rail would on serve those moving to and fro Tina's and the conference center.
It's not in calabar maintown,
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by bigtt76(f): 5:47pm On May 24, 2016
So this small monorail go draw millions of people to Cross River state? Is it that these people haf taken Nigerians to be that idle or none entity and so mere sight of train should be enough to satiate their vacation needs? sad angry
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by Eddyrex07(m): 5:47pm On May 24, 2016
[quote author=Elose11 post=45929250]Amaechi and Fashola how market? You both spent eight years as governors of Rivers and Lagos states; wasted billions of your states' resources on monorail without success. Look at Ayade, barely one year old in office, with less resources, has done the impossible: a monorail is ready for commissioning! Shame on you both. May God bless governor Ayade and the good people of Cross River. And may God punish those that wasted Rivers and Lagos resources on white elephant projects! [My friend; go and get ur facts right. The project was started by Sen. Liyel Imoke (over 85% completed), slowed and delayed by the Shoki Master (Ayade) so to confuse gullible minds]
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by richidinho(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2016
Lombrozo:

better still, Rotimi Amechi might represent the President. afterall he started the project while hr was the state governor.

See diz mu.mu mk I no even correct u
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by CHANCEMAN: 5:49pm On May 24, 2016
Elose11:

True talk.
Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by richidinho(m): 5:53pm On May 24, 2016
Gordieshegz:
Orji Uzor kalu was the Cross River state's variant of Tinubu..
only a visioner could have thought of a project like tinapa..whatever cross river is today,that man set the foundation

See another mu.mu

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Commission Calabar Monorail In Cross River by Highvotage: 6:00pm On May 24, 2016
Elose11:
Amaechi and Fashola how market? You both spent eight years as governors of Rivers and Lagos states; wasted billions of your states' resources on monorail without success. Look at Ayade, barely one year old in office, with less resources, has done the impossible: a monorail is ready for commissioning! Shame on you both. May God bless governor Ayade and the good people of Cross River. And may God punish those that wasted Rivers and Lagos resources on white elephant projects!

Its always good when one is knowledgeable about what you are arguing on.
Fasola own is never monorail like River and Cross River rather Metro line.
You can try and check your Google for meaning and pictures of the two.
Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge Is Locked Down / Driver Veers Off Asa Dam Bridge In Kwara, Lands Into A River (Photos) / "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.