Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,241 members, 7,867,634 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Comedian Alibaba Blast Critics Over His 'dry' Jokes [PICS] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Alibaba Blast Critics Over His 'dry' Jokes [PICS] (845 Views)

30 Years Of Career: Comedian Alibaba Shows Off His Awards Collection (photos) / Nigerian Discovers His Girlfriend Is Cheating On Him With His Dry Cleaner (pics) / Comedian, Alibaba Shows Off His Muscles (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comedian Alibaba Blast Critics Over His 'dry' Jokes [PICS] by JAYTUNEZ(m): 2:52pm On May 24, 2016
Veteran comedian, Alibaba has lashed out at his critics that claim that he is no longer as funny as he used to be back in his prime.

Alibaba took to his social media account to slam reports that he is no longer into stand up comic and used the opportunity to reveal the number of shows he has covered international this year.

Alibaba also threw shots at other comedians that have been stealing his jokes and people that call him boring but laugh when other comics are repeating his jokes.

The popular comedian started his lengthy epistle with a local adage, he said;

As it is commonly said, in Agbarha Otor, "Na party wey Fowl no attend Cockcroach dey flex muscle, do sit-up, throw backee & do floor spin". Go Ask@ebellerichard (Ajuwe!!! Vwo sun ton!) Back to my point, many people like to barb your hair in your absence. They forget that there is a huge world of difference between "I no wan do" and "I no fit do". Sometime back, gist was that I was no more a comedian. So#Zakiloooo @mcabbeydaprof &@officialbunmidavies said "Bros pls do a 3 hours performance. You have original jokes to last that long on stage. And if anyone can do it you can." Initially, I was reluctant, but later I agreed when #Zakilo said, let people know that you created these jokes & to also show why you are still in the game. So I told them I will do one better than they planned. That I will do 2 shows on the same day. Do 3 hours of my materials in the first show and do another 3 hours in the second show. What I did not tell them was that I would do an entirely different sets of jokes totally different from the ones I will do in the first show. I have been to different parts of the world to perform at many private events that were not publicized. Haven't done much of foreign live performance. And the general belief in some sectors has been, he is no more funny. Interestingly, I would watch the same people who say, he is no more funny, falling over their chairs when a joke I created is being told on stage by someone else. Got me thinking. "Maybe I should do somin". Sometime in April @Wamilele asked if I was open to do a live show in Los Angeles. I agreed but told him, if I get better show for Nigeria forget am ooo. But I later agreed to do LA, Minneapolis and Atlanta. The shows have come and gone. The feed back I am getting is not encouraging. That people actually thought I was not funny because I didn't do skits! Or because they were not seeing videos of my performances online! How many premium events of the people I work for, make it online? So, rather than swell at compliments of " I didn't know you were so good" or "you are the best", I simply smile and say, Na party wey fowl no go Na hin make Cockcroach dey flex, throw backeee & floor spin... Game on!

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/05/comedian-alibaba-blast-critics-over-his.html?m=1

Ishilove

Re: Comedian Alibaba Blast Critics Over His 'dry' Jokes [PICS] by BayLord01(m): 2:54pm On May 24, 2016
Better he improve instead of blasting people
Re: Comedian Alibaba Blast Critics Over His 'dry' Jokes [PICS] by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 24, 2016
lol
comedians steal jokes. that one is not new. I'm sure he has stolen one or two jokes before.
Re: Comedian Alibaba Blast Critics Over His 'dry' Jokes [PICS] by Smellymouth: 3:27pm On May 24, 2016
Na true dem dey talk na grin
Re: Comedian Alibaba Blast Critics Over His 'dry' Jokes [PICS] by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 24, 2016
seriously baba U don old

(1) (Reply)

HKN Boss, Davido Pay For A Fan HND Form / Peter Of Psquare Becomes Olympic Milk Ambassador (picture) / Julius Agwu's Wife Shares Before/after Photo And She Hasn't Aged..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.