Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games (2239 Views)

Apple i Mac system for swap with a laptop / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria / Please I Want To Buy A Laptop . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Peterpan222(m): 3:44pm On May 24, 2016
Guys I wanna buy a laptop capable of playing latest PC games in town like God of War, Prototype, PES 2016, FIFA and many other HD games.

My current HP G60 is really laggy for this my choice thereby leaving with no choice than playing mini games. Please serious gamers in the house and also PC sellers, I will like your advice on this...also my budget is around N80,000 - N120,000 for a brand new one..

Merci..
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Joeyy(m): 7:41pm On May 24, 2016
Not sure you can get a good one for that price.
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Peterpan222(m): 8:44am On May 26, 2016
Joeyy:
Not sure you can get a good one for that price.
Ohhh grin grin what budget should I be having in mind pls?
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Joeyy(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2016
Peterpan222:

Ohhh grin grin what budget should I be having in mind pls?
N180,000, considering the Naira crisis should get you an entry-middle level gaming laptop. However the problem with your budget is in getting a "brand new" system for that price. But if you're Ok with a fairly used laptop, that price might do just fine.
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Confirmer(m): 2:31pm On May 26, 2016
[s]I have a Lenovo y410p for sale. It has 2gig Nvidia vram. Check out the spec on google. Its a beast of a laptop[/s] sorry its used.
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by x3da(m): 7:57am On May 30, 2016
[/color]
Confirmer:
[s]I have a Lenovo y410p for sale. It has 2gig Nvidia vram. Check out the spec on google. Its a beast of a laptop[/s] sorry its used.
[color=#000099]is your lenovo y410p still up for sale? how much is it and where is your location.
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Confirmer(m): 8:39am On May 30, 2016
x3da:
[/color]
[color=#000099]is your lenovo y410p still up for sale? how much is it and where is your location.
Yes its still up for sale. The price is 120k.
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by roselynbas(f): 1:21pm On May 30, 2016
If you do not want issues, get a system with a dedicated graphics card of at least 1GB RAM, i7 processor and play your game where there is enough cold air reaching your Fan area, this is linked to your VGA which affects the display on your screen for a windows system.

Alternatively, I am not an expert on macbook but the mac book air will do nicely.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Rick9(m): 5:21pm On May 31, 2016
You Need a Laptop with

8GB RAM

1 Terabyte HDD

2.5GHz

Core i7 Processor.
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Fulaman198(m): 6:02pm On May 31, 2016
The most important thing in computer gaming is often having a discrete GPU or graphics card. Some games however are more CPU based than GPU based (like World of Warcraft and World of Tanks).

Most games however demand you have a discrete GPU. In Nigeria, it's hard to find the laptops with the latest GPUs sadly. But if you can, here is what you should look for in a gaming laptop, in my honest opinion from most important to least important:

1. Discrete GPU - nVidia GTX 860M, 950M, 960M, 880M, 970M, 980M if you are lucky. There are a new batch of GPUs coming out this summer in the more "advanced" nations like the GTX 1080M which outperforms a desktop Titan X. Quite amazing, however, we won't be seeing that in Nigeria anytime soon.

2. Strong cooling - One place where older gaming laptops suffer is in cooling. Newer gaming laptops seem to have cooling under control. You may need to buy a cooling pad.

3. CPU - You want either a core i5 or core i7 with 8gb of RAM. Often though, the VRAM from the discrete GPU should be more than a enough. Some games are also more CPU based than GPU based as aforementioned.

I hope that sums it all up, best of luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by 123aisosa(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
Closed
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by iamsea(m): 7:33am On Jul 12, 2016
Fulaman198:
The most important thing in computer gaming is often having a discrete GPU or graphics card. Some games however are more CPU based than GPU based (like World of Warcraft and World of Tanks).

Most games however demand you have a discrete GPU. In Nigeria, it's hard to find the laptops with the latest GPUs sadly. But if you can, here is what you should look for in a gaming laptop, in my honest opinion from most important to least important:

1. Discrete GPU - nVidia GTX 860M, 950M, 960M, 880M, 970M, 980M if you are lucky. There are a new batch of GPUs coming out this summer in the more "advanced" nations like the GTX 1080M which outperforms a desktop Titan X. Quite amazing, however, we won't be seeing that in Nigeria anytime soon.

2. Strong cooling - One place where older gaming laptops suffer is in cooling. Newer gaming laptops seem to have cooling under control. You may need to buy a cooling pad.

3. CPU - You want either a core i5 or core i7 with 8gb of RAM. Often though, the VRAM from the discrete GPU should be more than a enough. Some games are also more CPU based than GPU based as aforementioned.

I hope that sums it all up, best of luck.
pls bro... What is the difference between all the gtx u mentioned and dedicated graphics. As in if a system has a low gtx bt with 1gb ded graphics will the person be able to play all the games d op mentioned ?
Re: I Want To Buy A Laptop Mainly For Playing HD Games by Fulaman198(m): 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
iamsea:
pls bro... What is the difference between all the gtx u mentioned and dedicated graphics. As in if a system has a low gtx bt with 1gb ded graphics will the person be able to play all the games d op mentioned ?

It depends on the discrete graphics.

85X/86X/95X/96X are typically mid to high range cards that will play most games at 1920 x 1080 at medium to high settings, sometimes very high.

970M and 980M and 880M can play most games at 1920 x 1080 resolution at high to ultra settings.

Which version 1gb discrete graphics are you referring to? Most are 2gb+ today. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used HP Pavilion X360 For Sale / Etisalat Fires Back, With Heavy Slaps On Mtn And Glo / How Do I Remove Bios Password On My Dell 600 Laptop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.