Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,779 members, 7,866,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today (1098 Views)

How My N150,000 "Turned To Paper" & How I Fell Victim To "One Chance" - Man / Men Apprehended In Abuja After Trying To Buy Dollars With Fake Naira Notes. PICS / NSCDC Arrests Two With Fake Naira Note (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by kunlexziey: 4:40pm On May 24, 2016
I went to make a withdrawal from STANBIC IBTC BANK ATM, OTA BRANCH today, only to get to know that there was a fake one thousand naira (N1,000) note packed inside the bulk of money on getting to Wema bank to deposit that same money into my in-law's account. I went back to the branch to lodge a complain and i was introduced to one Okon who happened to be the one in charge of the ATM.

I was surprised when he asked for a print out that was never exist from the ATM. I then told him to check the bank statement but he refused and later told me that the bank is sorry for that as if i was the one that loaded the machine.

He refused to change the money for me but i left thinking of how many Nigerians would have suffered this kind of fate in the hands of bank's staff like Okon.

Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by LordZero(m): 4:49pm On May 24, 2016
perforated money should not be in circulation in the first instance..
Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by bright007(f): 4:49pm On May 24, 2016
k
Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by ammyluv2002(f): 4:52pm On May 24, 2016
Strange embarassed
Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by Cutehector(m): 4:55pm On May 24, 2016
Seems i'll begin to start hitting the "print receipt" button
Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by t12tosin: 8:03pm On May 24, 2016
Cutehector:
Same here my brother
Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by tuzeriouz(m): 10:44am On May 25, 2016
Cutehector:
If the victim had presented the withdrawal receipt, Mr Okon would have come up with another excuse. Ideally don't respond to issues like this with seriousness. It's akin to withdrawing via counter only for you to return minutes later and start blabbing over shortage, heavily mutilated notes or counterfeits. That note was intentionally lodged in the machine.
Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by Mariojane(f): 1:58pm On May 25, 2016
the same thing happened to my colleague @ work. she withdraw from unity bank ' ringroad, Benin city. and they started speaking English when she went to the bank the next day.
Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by SirREX94: 5:54pm On May 25, 2016
I guess the next bank he visited ( Wema) actually perforated the note. Anyway if he had the print out as proof, they might have been considerate.
LordZero:
perforated money should not be in circulation in the first instance..
Re: I Fell Victim Of A Fake Naira Note From Stanbic Ibtc Bank Atm Today by NIJJAking(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2016
wot happened to u is this, the money paid by the atm machine were real note, it is usually the cashier where u went to lodge the money at the other bank that swiftly put in a fake note and claims that yours, u will notice the speed at which the note was perforated and handed to u. Cashiers play that trick all the time. If you searched d cashiier u will find more of those fake note on him/her.

(1) (Reply)

How I Caught A Thief Today Who Almost Got Lynched By Angry Mob / Uzoamaka Chukwu; Girl Who Was Brutalized In Ebonyi Moves Into Her New Home. PICS / What's The Difference Between MMM AND YAHOO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.