Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures (34821 Views)

Vodka Kick (VK) Ready To Drink Soft Drink In Different Flavours Orange, Ice, Moj / Dough Cutters For Chinchin / ~ Mad About Crisps ? Tell Us Your Favourite Flavours :))~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures by Kindy: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2009
Hello,
Please, can anyone give me the procedures for preparing chichin with good flavours.
Thank you.
Kindy
Re: Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2009
what other flavors besides sugar?

You can experiment and add banana, coconut, peach, lemon, orange, vanilla or chocolate flavor I guess.
Re: Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures by TOYOSI20(f): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2009
flour

2eggs

milk

1/2tsp. ground nutmeg

1stick butter

1/2tsp vanilla extract

8tbsp. sugar

1tsp. baking soda

Vegetable oil

water

1. Place flour in a large bowl and cut in butter. Add baking soda and mix thoroughly.

Whisk together the nutmeg, vanilla, eggs, sugar, zest, and salt and add to flour. Mix together and add water.

Knead well and cover. Leave for about 10 minutes.

2. Spread the pastry thin on a level board or table top using a rolling pin.

Cut into squares or triangular shapes (small bite size pieces) and spread a little flour over them to stop them from sticking together.

3. Deep fry in vegetable oil until golden brown and drain off oil by placing on absorbent paper.
Re: Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures by TOYOSI20(f): 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2009
smiley

Re: Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures by 4sure72(f): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2009
Ingredients
6 cups flour
2 cups butter/margarine
3 eggs
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 cup of water
1 cup of milk (or additional cup of water)
10 tablespoons of Sugar

Direction:
Mix all the ingredients together.
Mix and/or knead the dough until it is smooth.
Place some powder on a cutting board or other flat surface.
Place some dough on the cutting board and flatten it until it is about ½ inch thick (1¼ cm)
Cut the dough into little squares, each square about ½ inch by ½ inch (1¼ cm by 1¼ cm).
Place some oil on the stove on medium heat, and allow the oil to heat up.
Once the oil is hot, place a few handfuls of the cut pieces into the oil.
(the oil may appear to foam, that is all right though rotating with a utensil will tame it a bit).
Allow the chin-chin to deep fry until brown. Some people prefer it light brown, and others dark brown.
Place the fried pieces on a napkin to soak up the extra oil.
hope this helps
Re: Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures by babythug(f): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
You can also flavour chinchin with Cinnamon or Mixed spice(s)
Re: Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures by marketresearch: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
Chin Chin
Product Information

Box of 12 packs of this popular fried snack
Expiration Date: 3 months from purchase
Chin-Chin: Pour, Shake, Crunch!

Sometimes called Nigerian cookies, Chin-Chin is a sweet snack made of fried dough. We like it not too hard, not too soft, enough to deliver that satisfying crunch. Kids, their parents and their grandparents all love this snack.

for Nigerians looking for Chin Chin in the US, you can get your ingredients here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/chin-chin
Re: Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures by Lamanii22(f): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
4sure72:
Ingredients
6 cups flour
2 cups butter/margarine
3 eggs
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 cup of water
1 cup of milk (or additional cup of water)
10 tablespoons of Sugar

Direction:
Mix all the ingredients together.
Mix and/or knead the dough until it is smooth.
Place some powder on a cutting board or other flat surface.
Place some dough on the cutting board and flatten it until it is about ½ inch thick (1¼ cm)
Cut the dough into little squares, each square about ½ inch by ½ inch (1¼ cm by 1¼ cm).
Place some oil on the stove on medium heat, and allow the oil to heat up.
Once the oil is hot, place a few handfuls of the cut pieces into the oil.
(the oil may appear to foam, that is all right though rotating with a utensil will tame it a bit).
Allow the chin-chin to deep fry until brown. Some people prefer it light brown, and others dark brown.
Place the fried pieces on a napkin to soak up the extra oil.
hope this helps

3eggs ke...? O ti kpoju... It's too much

(1) (Reply)

Making Cake With Blender, No Oven, No Butter, No Mixer. / Fondant Recipe / A Picture Of A Snake Soup In A Pot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.