Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,326 members, 7,822,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) (41178 Views)

The Current State Of The Obalende Bus Terminal (Photos) / Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by vickylincon(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
But I heard that Stella Odua upgraded it to American standard...

Maybe am drunk seeing potholes....
is anambra
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by olad54: 12:41pm On May 25, 2016
all states in Nigeria has airports. i wonder why? even in some airports, is only for the animals and birds to land and takeoff. wasted money.
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by shaibu123: 12:42pm On May 25, 2016
This need urgent attention and good citizens of Enugu should campaign serious to repair this run way.Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is a lazy idot,if he can't deal with herdsmen.Then how do you think he can persuade Amaechi to repair this Airport.Air peace has Enugu as their Hub,so the Chairman Onyema should be in the forefront of this issue.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by macphilip: 12:43pm On May 25, 2016
gretblue:

I guess you are struggling to understand the meaning of Runaway.Shameless youth.
If you had a good grade in your WAEC English, you would have realized I used an irony in my comment.
I guess the correct spelling for an Airport Runway is now Runaway
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by anonimi: 12:44pm On May 25, 2016
Bigblogman:
Bush man stop supporting evil, if they did the right thing from the beginning with all those money we won't be talking about MAINTENANCE less than 4 years after.

Thanks.
How was the airport before the renovation?
For how many years was it NOT operational?
What have other ministers after her done?
What further work has been done there since May 29, 2015?

Progress is NOT a destination.
It is a CONTINUOUS movement.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by anonimi: 12:47pm On May 25, 2016
ba7man:
Typical.

If it's a Fashola project now, you would have written epistles with primary and secondary colours, littered the whole thread with pics and aimless memes.

You should do more.

I should do more exposure of Barawo Rogue Fashole, BRF?
Thanks for the encouragement grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3757215_img20160525085806324_jpegb1c98440dd5f45859617dea1a5e43a2f

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by donodion(m): 12:48pm On May 25, 2016
If you love your state and feel you deserve better and demand for change...you better "share" this piece till it reaches oga Rotete Amaechi office.

Dont just look and pass comments....as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by toshmann(m): 12:54pm On May 25, 2016
Dottore:
[size=15pt]I had posted the terrible flood that occurs in our dear Enugu international airport each times there's a two hour rainfall. Thanks to GEJ that my folks BLINDLY call their hero and no thanks to my dear confused Buhari whom I and my few friends BLINDLY supported.

Does anyone still have the list of the contestants in the other unpopular parties. We sincerely need to apologize to them[/size]

The most reasonable post I've seen in nairaland in 2yrs. ( Apart from my own posts grin )

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by simplycarro: 1:03pm On May 25, 2016
gretblue:

I guess you are struggling to understand the meaning of Runaway.Shameless youth.

You don't know sarcasm when you see one? grin
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by AnanseK(m): 1:08pm On May 25, 2016
The corrupt immoral woman Stella Odua painted the buildings and pocketed the billions.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 25, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Tho I have never been to Enugu International Airport. But if truly this is Enugu International Airport then it's a big slap on our faces. How can an International Runway have so many potholes

Jonathan budgeted so much for the remodeling of this Airport, but the likes of Mrs Stella Oduah and her Aviation Colleagues diverted this monies to their individual pockets.

I'll never support corruption even if it's done by a member of my Family.....

[s]GEJ really meant well for this country, but his Ministers and several DG of government parastatals really messed things up.[/s]

Now over to Buhari let's all see what you can do about this cool cool
You are wrong
That drunkard never meant well for this country.
HE WAS A WEAK, CARELESS AND SENSELESS LEADER.
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by AnanseK(m): 1:12pm On May 25, 2016
Thanks to GOODLUCK EBELE the hero of the Igbo race and the Igbo hardworking people like Stella Oduah.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by Hybrid01: 1:12pm On May 25, 2016
summer:
Yea, she upgraded it to American standard but ineffective maintenace culture by the present Aviation Minister for the past one year could turn it into a near River Runway

[qquote author=BiafraBushBoy post=45949465]But I heard that Stella Odua upgraded it to American standard...

Seriously use your head. You mean lack of maintenance spoilt the runway to this extent? A runway that was done 2 years ago has spoilt to this extent because of bad maintenance by the current administration that has spent just one year in office abi. you should use your brain more often and stop been stupid because of your love for a political party.

4 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by KingRex1(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2016
anonimi:

How many years ago did she leave as minister?
Have you heard the word, MAINTENANCE
Do you think that PROGRESS is a destination or a CONTINUOUS movement?
Yea well said, but a quality job well done shouldn't amount to this within a short span of time. This airport was upgraded to an int'l one after several modifications not long ago. it ain't supposed to be so, Stella nd her cohorts did a shabby project.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by GLOBALINF: 1:31pm On May 25, 2016
Dottore:
[size=15pt]I had posted the terrible flood that occurs in our dear Enugu international airport each times there's a two hour rainfall. Thanks to GEJ that my folks BLINDLY call their hero and no thanks to my dear confused Buhari whom I and my few friends BLINDLY supported.

Does anyone still have the list of the contestants in the other unpopular parties. We sincerely need to apologize to them[/size]

So you are waiting for Buhari to fix this when your gov is there shocked shocked shocked
Wake up dude!!!
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by NovusHomo(m): 1:45pm On May 25, 2016
The Stellah Oduah Airport. grin

In Dim Ojukwu's voice: "Stellah, with friends like you, nd'igbo needs no enemies. Omo ale jati jati"
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by nevilbot: 1:51pm On May 25, 2016
When some few months back, an Igbo CEO of an helicopter company wrote about his experience on this same runway describing it as very bad and asking d fg to call the construction company and stealer oduah to acct for it, most easterners on that thread came for his jugular claiming he was a Yoruba man parading himself with an Igbo name and didn't mean them well. They abused the living daylight out of whoever said anything not in support of their international airport that day.

Now we have seen pictorial proofs that the man was actually right. I sincerely don't get d mindset of these my Igbo brothers in seeing anyone telling them d truth as dia enemy. If the fg prosecute oduah and the construction company and makes dem cough out stolen money to repair the runway to standard level, is it not for the betterment of dia region abi is it d yorubas or Hausa's that will benefit from a standard Enugu airport?

Sincerely we are our own enemies in nigeria. Polithiefcians are only banking on this hate mentality to steal us mad. Until we can unite irrespective of tribe and call a thief a thief, Nigeria is not going to develop one kobo.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by Rossikk(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2016
Please leave "our daughter" alone and face your own front - IPOB
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by anonimi: 2:05pm On May 25, 2016
KingRex1:
Yea well said, but a quality job well done shouldn't amount to this within a short span of time. This airport was upgraded to an int'l one after several modifications not long ago. it ain't supposed to be so, Stella nd her cohorts did a shabby project.

Maybe they did.
She left since Feb. 2014 i.e. over two years ago.
Is that not more than enough to make needed IMPROVEMENT and rectification
What change has taken place on the airport since May 29, 2015?
Should we not ask these questions?

PROGRESS is not a destination.
It is CONTINUOUS movement.

P.S.: The below is not for you specifically but for all of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by olu1759(m): 2:16pm On May 25, 2016
Yea,I saw it yesterday,me nd d bike man wey carry me fell into one of those potholes..#rollingeyes
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by mikolo80: 2:56pm On May 25, 2016
is this not where stella oduah is from
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by ba7man(m): 3:01pm On May 25, 2016
anonimi:

I should do more exposure of Barawo Rogue Fashole, BRF?
Thanks for the encouragement grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3757215_img20160525085806324_jpegb1c98440dd5f45859617dea1a5e43a2f
There you go.

I'm sure you'll praise the millitants vandalizing gas pipelines supplying gas to power stations but criticize Fashola for not being able to work with that sabotage.
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by anonimi: 3:08pm On May 25, 2016
ba7man:
There you go.

I'm sure you'll praise the millitants vandalizing gas pipelines supplying gas to power stations but criticize Fashola for not being able to work with that sabotage.

I thought we were sold a packaged superman on March 28, 2015?
Or was it all a SCAM

egift:
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAwuEsjUQAA8eTD.jpg:large[/img]

This is a man who understands exactly what to do. Has a track record of victories. And has the political will to keep Nigerians safe across the Federation.

Kidnapper, Terrorists, Militants, Arm Rubbers, Criminals - find something legitimate to do with your life. The next President of Nigeria is NOT into Military-Costume-Wearing. He is a Retired Major General. Trained in Nigeria, India, United Kingdom and the United States. He is an over performer. He is not shy of the Facts. Our Senior Military Commanders will not eat Military budget and clean mouth under his watch.

Don't mind those that tell you that Nigeria Cannot be Changed. That things can't be better. They just want to keep looting. When they exhaust their lies, they will start mocking, insulting and posting cartoons.

While PDP are hoping to rig themselves in, Buhari and the entire APC team believe you have the capacity to elect Buhari with your votes alone. Let see who wins (PDP Rigging vs The Votes of the Masses).

This Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari. 5days to go!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 25, 2016
GLOBALINF:

So you are waiting for Buhari to fix this when your gov is there shocked shocked shocked
Wake up dude!!!
The FG owns the airport, so it is their responsibility to fix the runway.
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 25, 2016
On Monday, I traveled through enugu airport en route ogoja. When the aircraft landed it was shaking like a danfo bus that needed servicing. The runway is filled with potholes. I will never risk it again until something is done
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by adimsmt: 4:05pm On May 25, 2016
Bigblogman:

Bush man stop supporting evil, if they did the right thing from the beginning with all those money we won't be talking about MAINTENANCE less than 4 years after.

Through talk but let truth be told, that runway was done before she become the minister. Enugu airport was closed in 2010 for the repair by PWC . she came in after and under her they awarded the contract for the terminal extension and the new terminal. I'm not in anyway Supporting her because she would have done alot but she failed in so many ways regarding that airport .

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:38pm On May 25, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

When they exposed her scam, her brothers and sisters stormed the streets of Abuja to protest her innocence calling it witch hunting; now the truth is out everyone can see that she didn't even spare her own ppl in her greed, who ironically have further rewarded her with a seat at the Senate, seemingly to do more of the same - all because of tribal politics.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by olive282(f): 4:41pm On May 25, 2016
kokostick:

My dear... Wat r u grabbing @ur pic lolz

Wat does it look like m grabbin grin
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:47pm On May 25, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

When they exposed her scam, her brothers and sisters stormed the streets of Abuja to protest her innocence calling it witch hunting; now the truth is out everyone can see that she didn't even spare her own ppl in her greed, who ironically have further rewarded her with a seat at the Senate, seemingly to do more of the same - all because of tribal politics.
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by basadenet: 5:58pm On May 25, 2016
They should close it down immediately.
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by AustinStevens: 8:26pm On May 25, 2016
My problem no be even just the runway..

Abeg can someone tell arik air management to change those their old plane....the last time I trvelled with arik from enugu to lagos..
...It was a scary experience, some of dis plane are old and u need to hear the noise yet they still use it to transport humans..
Re: The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) by magicfingers009: 8:37pm On May 25, 2016
When i commented here that the Airport had port holes, some chestbeaters called me a hater even after showing them a picture of my ticket to Enugu, they never believed. Thank God the truth has finally come out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FESTAC Tanker Fire Destroyed 26 Vehicles, Others (Photos, Video) / Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier / Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.