Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan (1824 Views)

Sultan Releases Telephone Numbers To Report Sighting Of New Moon / Sultan Announces MOON Sighting For Ramadan / Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by auwal87(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2009
The Sultan confirmed that Ramadan starts on Saturday, as such Friday is 30th Sha'aban, while 1st Ramadan starts from Saturday. This is the first time in more than 40 years, that we are going to observe 30 days in the month of Sha'aban.

What is the situation in your area? Are you also starting on Saturday?
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by mukina2: 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2009
Yeah, They announced on TV just now, that it starts on Saturday, Friday Nafilla and Saturday it starts.

Ramadan Kareem to you and all muslims smiley
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by heritage00(m): 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2009
Yeah Happy Ramadan Kareem grin
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by malikalhaj: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
Ramadan kareem
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by SALOYIN(m): 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2009
Barika de Ramadan, may Almighty guide and protect us through out d month fron saitan
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by ayobase(m): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2009
here we are!
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by ololade2(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2009
to my brothers and sisters,RAMADAN KAREEM
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by ajibawealt(m): 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2009
I was awake all night waiting for someone to call or atleast text to inform me that the moon had been sighted, but to my surprise nobody called. I had to start calling my usual messenger to find out the situation of things but they're all saying the moon has not been sighted that ramadan starts on saturday.

Ramadan Kareem
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by eesaah(m): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2009
Salaam Alaikum to all brothers and sisters in islam. Fasting starts here in saudi on saturday. May Allah accept all our ibadah, forgive our sins and grant us aljannah firdausi ameen.

Ramadan Mubarak
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by Maryam: 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2009
May Almighty Allah (SWT) accept our deeds in this month as an act of Ibadah & reward us abundantly, Amin.

Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by alimat2(f): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2009
eesaah:

Salaam Alaikum to all brothers and sisters in islam. Fasting starts here in saudi on saturday. May Allah accept all our ibadah, forgive our sins and grant us aljannah firdausi ameen.

Ramadan Mubarak

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by muhsin(m): 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2009
Amin to your prayers, brothers and sisters.

@auwal87,

You still dey in town?
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by queen01(f): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2009
Ramadan mubarak to ya'll.

@mukina2, are u muslim?
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by mukina2: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2009
queen01:

@mukina2, are u muslim?
Yes wink
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by freezy(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2009
So lets get sumn straight. If it starts on Saturday, that means it will end on Sunday September 20, aite? And the Id-El Fitri celebrations will be on 21st and 22nd. . .  Am I right?

I think I am. . .

Not too sure tho. . .
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by DisGuy: 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2009
Im not feeing too good these past few days, i have been feelin weak and tired(and i get very hungry every other hour)
does this count as a sickness or i have to just fast  

Secondly if i dont pray regularly does it count?
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by muhsin(m): 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
queen01:

@mukina2, are u muslim?

grin
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by mukina2: 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2009
Dis Guy:

Im not feeing too good these past few days, i have been feelin weak and tired(and i get very hungry every other hour)
does this count as a sickness or i have to just fast  

Secondly if i dont pray regularly does it count?
berra start praying regularly. 5-7 mins max for each tongue
na ulcers u don developj/k wink
go hospital first
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by PurestBoy(m): 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2009
mukina2:

berra start praying regularly. 5-7 mins max for each tongue
na ulcers u don developj/k wink
go hospital first

And what if a Muslim decides on his own free-will not to fast but pray regularly. Will he still find favour from Allah?
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by sosisi(f): 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2009
Will you find mccrackles here? .That boy won't fast for nothing.Infact he's storing up food ready to pig out.
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by mukina2: 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2009
PurestBoy:

And what if a Muslim decides on his own free-will not to fast but pray regularly. Will he still find favour from Allah?
A Muslim as long as he well and of sound mind and body is supposed to fast, it is in the 5 pillars of Islam, but if someone knows that they cannot fast, the person should feed a poor person thruout the month of Ramadan. I may be wrong tho undecided
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by eesaah(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2009
PurestBoy:

A true muslim do not decides on his own whether to observe the five compuslory daily prayers and fasting in the month of ramadan or not.They are obligatory act except if he/she is exempted due to sickness etc.Allah stated in Qur'an

"O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)? [al-Baqarah 2:183]

May Allah grant us the strength to  do all the act of ibadah as He commands, ameen
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by DisGuy: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2009
mukina2:

A Muslim as long as he well and of sound mind and body is supposed to fast, it is in the 5 pillars of Islam, but if someone knows that they cannot fast, the person should feed a poor person thruout the month of Ramadan. I may be wrong tho undecided
Was thinking the same, i can do charity work or donate to charity through the month of Ramadan

May God have mercy on us, Amen
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by alimat2(f): 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
Dis Guy:

Was thinking the same, i can do charity work or donate to charity through the month of Ramadan

May God have mercy on us, Amen

But its better to observe the fast if u are well and healthy, may God give u the strength to do so (amin)
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2009
Salamualaikum all. smiley
Someone told me that some people in Nigeria have already started fasting.
(~*who are they?* ~)
I wonder where the confusion came in from for them.
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by Abuzola(m): 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2009
@dis guy- God cannot be trick or play wayo to him. He knows what is in your heart better than your stomach.

One who fast get more reward than a person who give out charity, his reward is multiple than one who give charity to recompense the fasting, past Prophets also observe the fasting during their own time and not charity,

The smell coming out of a fasting person is better than musk- one who recompense the fasting with charity or postpone it is not entitle to it

A fasting person is rewarded when he sees food or perceive the aroma and yet did not break his fast.

The prayer of a fasting person is accepted.

During sahur a fasting person is rewarded
during breaking the fast at sunset a fasting person is rewarded

and many more. If you miss it then you miss lot of goodies
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by muhsin(m): 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2009
fellis:

Salamualaikum all. smiley
Someone told me that some people in Nigeria have already started fasting.
(~*who are they?* ~)
I wonder where the confusion came in from for them.

Can't believe it.

Who are they; where are they?
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by DisGuy: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
It's always like that though, some people faSt 29 some 30

some celebrate do sallah a day before or a day later
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by Frizy(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2009
Sorry am seeing some strange faces here. Where were you brothers and sisters all this while? Anyway, Ramadan Kareem to all. smiley
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by Utaroz(m): 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2009
Frizy:

Sorry am seeing some strange faces here. Where were you brothers and sisters all this while? Anyway, Ramadan Kareem to all. smiley

Ramadam mubarak smiley
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by MrCrackles(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2009
Alhamdullilahi! cheesy
Re: Ramadan Starts Saturday - Sultan by morzook(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
Ramadan kareem
me am in the mosque now,

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Secrets, Benefits And Virtues Of Friday - (jumm'ah) / Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah / What A Mother Told Her Son A Day Before His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.