Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

#SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria (52909 Views)

Photo Of A Guy Eating Snake Meat Sparks Outrage Online / Hot Lady's Weird Meal Combo Sparks Outrage Online (photo) / Outrage As Indian Packaged Garri Sells In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 11:22pm On May 25, 2016
What kind of calculator does BBC use? Where is $1.20 = N240? I guess in banks only.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by doskie(m): 11:24pm On May 25, 2016
refiner:

..*faints!**...undecided

**pours cold mirinda**
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Lovelynature(m): 11:24pm On May 25, 2016
refiner:

..*faints!**...undecided

*wakes her*wink
Nne get up, some days are like that. Many questions go unanswered and many issues unsolved

How are you doing
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 11:34pm On May 25, 2016
I hope this is not a strategy to prove to Nigerians that if some people can brag about their oil and start bombing old facilities, another region controls tomato, onions, pepper etc that other regions need.
Today, it's tomato, let wait and see what disease they will say happened to pepper and onions in a few months.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 11:40pm On May 25, 2016
doskie:
**pours cold mirinda**
...*refuses to wake up!*..
whispers"....just a basket of tomatoes and I'll spring up with no time!undecided
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 11:43pm On May 25, 2016
Lovelynature:
*wakes her*wink
Nne get up, some days are like that. Many questions go unanswered and many issues unsolved

How are you doing
...lol...sweety..

the guy gat no chill...even though I'm a robot!grin

longest time Mr nature!...how have u been?smiley
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by 19naia(m): 12:09am On May 26, 2016
Nigerians just sitting there gawking at Spain and their tomatos, gawking at USA and their $, the rest of the world and their petrol flowing.
And they have the idea to look at Buhari and curse.
Tomato! If you cannot grow tomato for yourself and have to cry to your president to do that for you, then you have reached a terrible state of uselessness and antiproductivity.
Chai! Tomato! shocked ~If you cannot grow that for yourself in the amount of time you spend cursing Buhari and whoever else, you will never do well enough in life to see nigeria with all of it's crudeoil to provide enough petrol to all, nor electricity.

When it was just petrol, people of the world were staring at Nigeria like Nigeria is staring at Spain and their tomato excesses, and the world were wondering how Nigeria can be swimming in so much crude oil as if they are spaniards swimming in tomatoes, but nigeria cannot provide petrol to fuel vehicles. Same with common electricity.

The world now knows how useless the people of Nigeria are when they can fumble the easiest crop in the world to grow. Tomato will grow in the *gutter* with no assistance sef. Yet, Nigerians can't find enough tomatos to sell affordably.

No tomato because you won't grow/produce it yourself, no petrol because you won't refine your crudeoil yourself ,no electricity because you won't make the power plant and grid network yourself and no value in the Naira because you won't produce anything of value, even simple Tomato production sef to back the strength of the Naira.
It doesnt matter what president there is, This was Nigerias destiny because of the lack of productivity of Nigerian people.
No one was stopping you from growing tomatos in your compound or even in the gutter sef. If you are waiting for politicians to grow tomatoes for you, you will find better luck going "Yaba Left".

I found a tomato plant growing in a fracture in a cement floor outside where people had washed kitchen wares used in preparing tomatoes.
I pulled it up and seriously damaged the roots and planted it in basic soil with no fertilizer or special care other than some water for a few days. I returned weeks later from travels and the thing was big ,healthy and flowering before fruiting. Even one was geowing in the gutter and growing well.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Lovelynature(m): 12:24am On May 26, 2016
refiner:

...lol...sweety..

the guy gat no chill...even though I'm a robot!grin

longest time Mr nature!...how have u been?smiley

cheesycheesy Yeah, such a funny guycheesy

I'm just doing great dear.

What about my soldier friend? Hope he isn't on your way any more?
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by doskie(m): 6:36am On May 26, 2016
refiner:

...*refuses to wake up!*..

whispers"....just a basket of tomatoes and I'll spring up with no time!undecided
hahahahaha... You have a good sense of humor. I give up pushing you cos na me go tire last last.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by doskie(m): 6:50am On May 26, 2016
19naia:
Nigerians just sitting there gawking at Spain and their tomatos, gawking at USA and their $, the rest of the world and their petrol flowing.
And they have the idea to look at Buhari and curse.
Tomato! If you cannot grow tomato for yourself and have to cry to your president to do that for you, then you have reached a terrible state of uselessness and antiproductivity.
Chai! Tomato! shocked ~If you cannot grow that for yourself in the amount of time you spend cursing Buhari and whoever else, you will never do well enough in life to see nigeria with all of it's crudeoil to provide enough petrol to all, nor electricity.

When it was just petrol, people of the world were staring at Nigeria like Nigeria is staring at Spain and their tomato excesses, and the world were wondering how Nigeria can be swimming in so much crude oil as if they are spaniards swimming in tomatoes, but nigeria cannot provide petrol to fuel vehicles. Same with common electricity.

The world now knows how useless the people of Nigeria are when they can fumble the easiest crop in the world to grow. Tomato will grow in the *gutter* with no assistance sef. Yet, Nigerians can't find enough tomatos to sell affordably.

No tomato because you won't grow/produce it yourself, no petrol because you won't refine your crudeoil yourself ,no electricity because you won't make the power plant and grid network yourself and no value in the Naira because you won't produce anything of value, even simple Tomato production sef to back the strength of the Naira.
It doesnt matter what president there is, This was Nigerias destiny because of the lack of productivity of Nigerian people.
No one was stopping you from growing tomatos in your compound or even in the gutter sef. If you are waiting for politicians to grow tomatoes for you, you will find better luck going "Yaba Left".

I found a tomato plant growing in a fracture in a cement floor outside where people had washed kitchen wares used in preparing tomatoes.
I pulled it up and seriously damaged the roots and planted it in basic soil with no fertilizer or special care other than some water for a few days. I returned weeks later from travels and the thing was big ,healthy and flowering before fruiting. Even one was geowing in the gutter and growing well.
wise words. Now everyone will start growing tomatoes. Its just like living by the sea and storing water. Nigerians took it for granted that there can never be a problem with getting tomatoes. Southerners generally left the production of domestic agricultural products for the north so most Southerners would never have thought it necessary to cultivate a tomato farm. I think a cow for example can grow in the south. But you hardly ever see a ranch down here. We are not proactive. We have no culture that makes us prevent incidents. Just like the magical steps taken by the aviation sector when planes started falling. We wait for the incident first and it's bad enough.

1 Like

Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 9:30am On May 26, 2016
doskie:
hahahahaha... You have a good sense of humor. I give up pushing you cos na me go tire last last.
...thanks dear!gringrin
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 9:31am On May 26, 2016
Lovelynature:
cheesycheesy Yeah, such a funny guycheesy
I'm just doing great dear.
What about my soldier friend? Hope he isn't on your way any more?
...I hardly see your comments sha...
lol...soldier friend?...lemme call and ask him...give me a min!wink
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Firstlieutenant(m): 9:36am On May 26, 2016
refiner:

Babe tell am say I dey very much around and make he keep off.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 9:41am On May 26, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Babe tell am say I dey very much around and make he keep off.
....gringringrin...oh!...my nature,here he comes!grin
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Lovelynature(m): 11:32am On May 26, 2016
refiner:

I'm mostly on politics and car talk sections, though I don't comment much.

You have as much time as you want to call him dear. Tell him his course mate and friend from Army Barrack, zone 44, batch 12, cadet 26 of June 2010 parade is greeting.

Tell him to stay off my crush as wellwink
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 12:35pm On May 26, 2016
Lovelynature:
I'm mostly on politics and car talk sections, though I don't comment much.

You have as much time as you want to call him dear. Tell him his course mate and friend from Army Barrack, zone 44, batch 12, cadet 26 of June 2010 parade is greeting.

Tell him to stay off my crush as wellwink

....politics?...never knew you have port to that section!
car talks?...oh!..to know how to maintain a car,when u get one,I guess!

lolgringrin...this got me!

why not say that face to face with him,and you'll never remain the same,I assure u!tongue

crush kor,crusher miiii!grin
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Lovelynature(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2016
refiner:

....politics?...never knew you have port to that section!
car talks?...oh!..to know how to maintain a car,when u get one,I guess!

lolgringrin...this got me!

why not say that face to face with him,and you'll never remain the same,I assure u!tongue

crush kor,crusher miiii!grin

Yeah, politics because I love my country and its affairs. Just that the section is filled with haters and tribal e-warriors.
Car talk because I love cars. lol... who doesn't? So I learn how to maintain the little one over here.

cheesycheesy I'm coming to tell him myself. I'll show him I lived in Barack even before he thought of becoming a soldier. Just that we may end up laughing it off. I know my good-hearted friend. Don't let his uniform deceive youwink

Well, I won't watch my friend play games with my crush. Not when she isn't comfortable with suchtonguetongue
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by kulekaa(m): 2:28pm On May 26, 2016
4gud looking tomatoes cost #500 here in Ikoyi lagos
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 5:26pm On May 26, 2016
Lovelynature:
Yeah, politics because I love my country and its affairs. Just that the section is filled with haters and tribal e-warriors.
Car talk because I love cars. lol... who doesn't? So I learn how to maintain the little one over here.

cheesycheesy I'm coming to tell him myself. I'll show him I lived in Barack even before he thought of becoming a soldier. Just that we may end up laughing it off. I know my good-hearted friend. Don't let his uniform deceive youwink

Well, I won't watch my friend play games with my crush. Not when she isn't comfortable with suchtonguetongue

gringringrin....funny you!

don't worry your little head...he's out of my way!wink
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Lovelynature(m): 10:43pm On May 26, 2016
refiner:

gringringrin....funny you!

don't worry your little head...he's out of my way!wink

Yeah, I knew he would back off once you apply those advice, unless he isn't a gentle man

how are you doing this lovely evening

it seems you like cooking very muchwink

so start processing visa to Spain where tomatoes are surplustongue

Naija tomatoes dey on strikecheesycheesycheesy
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by banmee(m): 11:50pm On May 28, 2016
Firefire:
Honestly, I do not see any issue with planting and harvesting Tomatoes in Nigeria apart from the diseases in some part of the Northern Nigeria.

Our main issue is the insecurity of farmers and the uncontrolled encroachment and destruction of farmland by Fulani Herdsmen from Libya making most farmers to desert their farms. embarassed

I just love Nigerians and the way they love to blame everything under the sun or their woes. It is now Herdsmen from Libya. Lol.......Is tomato the only food crop grown in Nigeria? Why are other products not as scarce as that? If only you face the fact that Nigeria is a phucked up country with no planning, direction or vision, you will begin to move towards a solution. You are blaming herdsmen. Really? How about blaming;

1. The government for not providing grazing routes.

2. The lack of knowledge that hay is what normal countries use to feed their cattle. It is easy to grow and it is a wonderful cash crop.

3. The government for not providing better security for it's citizens.

4. The government for having zero plan for it's citizens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / 'When God Of Bush Meat Remembered Me'; Man Shares His Experience In Owerri. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.