Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend (1273 Views)

Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? / Definition Of A Youth/who Is A Youth In Nigeria? / What Is The Definition Of 'olodo'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by brojosh(m): 12:19am On Aug 21, 2009
this is very important because if we truly get to knw what the true definition of a friend is, then we would be able to avoid some mistakes we make in the name of friendship. many of us have been victimized by the very people we consider to be friends. mind u not all that glitters is gold u have to watch very well before u leap. ''my people perish 4 lack of knowledge'' feel free to give ur own definition it may not be perfect but just go ahead 4 we [center][/center]want 2 learn 4m each other. as for me i have my definition which has been guiding me it will really interest u 2 know it, but not now until i have learnt a little 4m u. so wat are u waiting 4 start posting now! smiley smiley
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by larez(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2009
Does the word exist in Nigeria?
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by Puvguy: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2009
There true friends but rare in Nigeria. It takes the grace to find one.
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2009
thinking**
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by brojosh(m): 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2009
@ Brein what are u thinking? its good u are thinking but dont t hink 4 too long smiley @ larez yes it does but rare @ puvguy i agree with u it realy takes d grace of God 2 find one and when u find it its worth evrything. smiley
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by mohawkchic(f): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2009
brojosh:

this is very important because if we truly get to knw what the true definition of a friend is, then we would be able to avoid some mistakes we make in the name of friendship. many of us have been victimized by the very people we consider to be friends. mind u not all that glitters is gold u have to watch very well before u leap. ''my people perish 4 lack of knowledge'' feel free to give your own definition it may not be perfect but just go ahead 4 we [center][/center]want 2 learn 4m each other. as for me i have my definition which has been guiding me it will really interest u 2 know it, but not now until i have learnt a little 4m u. so wat are u waiting 4 start posting now! smiley smiley

~I'm not sure how you hope to achiveve knowing the defination of a true friend to aviod making mistakes in the name of friendship A "friend" cud well & truly be a "True friend" but as humans we always hurt the people we love the most sometimes intentionally or involuntarily. . . even the best of friends have a falling out!

~I'm fond of tagging my friendships on different degrees. . .Acquaintances,School friends,Child-hood Friends, Collegues,Friends of friends. . . .then there are Friends & "Friends". . .it's very likely for me to call the briefest of acquaintance a Friend. . .sometimes it takes an act/unspoken word/support for one to form some kind of friendship!

~I think its very important to know the difference between the types of friendship that are formed,one's expectation of what a "Friend" shud be. . . .nowadays a lot of friendships are created under false pretences & are doomed hence the term "Frenimies"

~ “True Freinds Stab You In the Front .” ~Oscar Wilde

~“True Friendship Is Seen Through The Heart, Not Through The Eyes.” ~
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by sweetpie23: 6:38am On Aug 23, 2009
somebody that helps you by:
giving you advice,
calming you down,
somebody that is honest to you,
letting you talk or express your feelings,
somebody that is there for you when you need them,
and somebody that is NOT a backstabber
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by brojosh(m): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2009
@ mohawkchic that was really great 2 learn 4m u u seem 2 knw so much abt d subject maybe u'll b d professor on this tread i'm ur humble student, he brings out his bk & pen ready 2 write pls teach me more.
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by Dclique(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2009
*pls dnt mind me,am jst joking n dnt mean it*
A bad friend stabs you in the back,but a good friend will stab you in front
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by mohawkchic(f): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2009
~ grin. . . .Professor Indeed!

~Lesson Number 1: Do Not Have "Set Expectations" of The Friendships You Form/Create!!

~Now my humble student, cheesy what do you understand this lesson to mean?
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by nethacker(m): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
A True friend is some1 who will not think of the last 3 letters of the word"friend" in time of trouble and tribulations wink
my word u have
I have spoken
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by Oluschenco(m): 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2009
One who gives without regret. There are but, few.
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by brojosh(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ mohawkchic undecided am doing some serious thinking. but well if i may say anything i would say u re right cos that has been 1 of my guiding principle which is '' never expect too much from people'' no matter who d person is. reason been that we are all humans and are subject 2 change at anytime. that way u will avoid some unnecessary heart failures. what do u think? @ nethacker, u are right true friends are not known when everything is going rozy but when there is fire on the mountain, thats when true friends emerge. they go with u thru d fire. smiley
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 25, 2009
Still thinking real hard**
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by mamagee6(f): 1:38am On Aug 25, 2009
A friend that helps one in need.
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by mohawkchic(f): 2:30am On Aug 25, 2009
~I give you an A for that. . . grin Some People always have this Set Expectation of what a friend shoud be. .

~Should Be Totally Trustworthy    
~Should Be Always Forgiving
~Should Always Be Helpful        
~Should Be Totally Honest            
~Should Share Secrets
~Should Be Totally Understanding
~Will Never Let You Down
~Be There For You Always
~Wants To Do Most Things Together
~Should Not have Other "Best Friends"

~One has to make an conscious effort to be receptive to the needs of others but we can not always satisfy the expectations of others! As much as  most friendships are formed by a level of interest that goes beyond each individual's needs we need to allow Boundaries in friendships for Self-growth! that brings us to a vital lesson on Forming healthy friendships

~Lesson No.2 : Allow Boundaries in your friendships. . .Who we are as individuals is what makes us unique in our own ways!! We need Self-growth as Individuals . . . .Drawing from a personal experience,Sometimes as hard as it might seem when "looking out" for a friend,we need to be aware or respect Boundaries in friendships! We cant always expect friends to do what coud be "right" for them but they need to come to that decision themselves rather than one imposing it upon them to see if from our point of view,giving the friend space to draw their own conclusions works better! :Whatever decision is made by the friend has to be respected! Understanding these boundaries & learning to live within the boundaries allows for a much stronger bond!

~"Friendships grow like trees. Build a wall around a small sapling and it might grow quickly to reach the light, but it's roots will not develop: A true friendship takes time to grow, but will be all the stronger for it."~
Re: What Is Ur Definition Of A True Friend by oyinda3(f): 2:42am On Aug 25, 2009
a true friend = genuine friend
and he/she doesn't have to be your best friend or anything. as long as their friendship is genuine, then that's a true friend no matter what level of friendship you're on (acquaintance or best friend).

(1) (Reply)

Life In South Africa As Naija / Women Are Their Gender’s Worst Enemies –awoh / Scientists Find A Way To Make People Live For Hundreds Of Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.