Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

I Will Never Renege On My Pledges To Rivers People - Governor Wike(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Renege On My Pledges To Rivers People - Governor Wike(photos) (497 Views)

Elderly Market Women Greet Wike (Photos) / Northern Governors Visit Governor Wike (Photos) / The Dismissed Police Officers Attached To Wike (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Renege On My Pledges To Rivers People - Governor Wike(photos) by Mztarstrechy(m): 4:47pm On May 25, 2016
I WILL NEVER RENEGE ON MY PLEDGES TO RIVERS PEOPLE - Governor Wike

â–ªCommissions three roads

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has stated that he will never renege on his pledges to Rivers people, saying he is committed to the development of the state.

Speaking in Port Harcourt on Wednesday while commissioning the New Borikiri Road (Dr Abiye Sekibo road), Njamanze/ Abonnema Wharf Road and the Industry Road, the governor said that the road projects are targeted at improving the living condition of the people.

During the commissioning of the New Road Borikiri, Governor Wike said he directed the reconstruction of the Borikiri New Road after Former Minister of Transport, Dr Abiye Sekibo drew his attention to the suffering of the densely populated suburb.

He said: "I am happy that this important road has been delivered to improve the living condition of the people of Borikiri. This is in fulfilment of the promise I made to the people after I trekked to this community alongside Dr Abiye Sekibo and Rt Hon Austin Opara.

"From Today henceforth, this road shall be known and called Dr Abiye Sekibo road. We shall continue to work for the people. The PDP government is committed to developing the state and keeping all promises to the people who gave us their mandate".

Speaking while commissioning the Industry Road, the governor said that the decision to reconstruct the road was targeted at creating access to the Port Facility in the area and also create alternate route to Bundu Waterside.

He berated the Nigerian Port Authority, NPA for failing to meet its obligations after it agreed to fund the reconstruction of the road in conjunction with the state government.

The governor said that businesses at the Port have improved with the reconstruction of the Industry Road .
The governor said that the Njamanze/Abonnema Wharf Road has economic significance as it connects the petroleum tank farms to the State Capital and the Diobu.

He appealed to the people to support his administration to deliver on critical infrastructure
The State Commissioner for Works. Mr Bethel Iheanyichukwu said all the road projects were done in line with approved specifications .

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.
25th May, 2016.

Source: http://www.FlexyGist.com

Re: I Will Never Renege On My Pledges To Rivers People - Governor Wike(photos) by Mztarstrechy(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2016

Re: I Will Never Renege On My Pledges To Rivers People - Governor Wike(photos) by Mztarstrechy(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
More
More

Re: I Will Never Renege On My Pledges To Rivers People - Governor Wike(photos) by Mztarstrechy(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
More
More

(1) (Reply)

Seven Leadership Principles To Learn From An Eagle.. / Breaking: Two Soldiers Feared Killed In Suspected Militants Attack / BUHARI VS OSINBAJO : The Non-existent Battle For Ogoniland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.