Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Dstv Criminal Act - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dstv Criminal Act (871 Views)

A Young Girl Who Is Just 19 Years Old, Is Being Made To Pay For Her Criminal Act / Lady Arrested For Videoing Her 3-Year-Old Twin Sons Engaging In Gay Act In Lagos / Criminal Act : N5.5m Transferred To Artisan’s Bank Account Lands Him In Police T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Criminal Act by donciccio: 7:16pm On May 25, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, I will appreciate if well meaning Nigerians can provide me with the contact of the regulatory body of cable networks in Nigeria and advise on how to follow this up legally.
I've been a regular subscriber to dstv's premium bouquet specifically because of football. Right from 9k+ to 11k+ to 13k+. Having run the 13k+ bouquet for almost a year I then discovered they've been charging me 2k for dual view which I don't make use. And they wouldn't even allow a sec of free view after expiration of subscription considering the additional 2k charged which I don't make use of.
As a result of dwindling income, anger of the 2k couple with the fact that I seldomly watch the cable when there is no soccer I halt my renewal of the cable. Months later I received several calls from their customer service asking why I have not renewed for some time. I vent my anger and suggested if they can offer me 10 to 15 channels of my choice at 8-10k then I will renew my subscription. Some of the customer service agents asked if I could come to their office and discuss that with their management although I never went.
On the 14th of March, 2016 I received a call from dstv's customer service that there's a promo going on that I can now pay for a Compact plus bouquet of 9k+, with all the relevant super sport channels to watch my football and get one month free if payment is made on/before 17/03/16. However, I was thrilled so renewed my subscription on the 15/03/16. By end of March I called the CS (customer service) twice to ask if my one free month has been activated, after collecting my smart card info they said NO but that they will escalate it to the necessary authority to act on it. In first week of April, 2016 I further renewed my subscription again by paying another 9k+. Between 08-15/04/16 I called CS twice again if they've activated my free one month they said NO except my new payment, but that they'll escalate it to the necessary authority to act on it. I kept my cool. By the last week of April and first week in May I called once in each week to ask of my free one month. After wasting my credit to request for my card info they both told me NO but that they will escalate it to the necessary authority to act on it. After the last call I became so ire that I decided not to pay again unless they give me the free one month.
Meanwhile, during the calls none of the customer service agent denied that I am entitled to a free month view. So I wonder why would they not activate me after two months. As a result of that I'd to go watch FA cup, Europa, Copa Delrey outside. Not sure of UCL too.
Pls nairalanders this sounds more of a scam to me so I need to follow it up so that we won't be taken for a continuous ride in this country not at this tough times.
And if you've been in this situation before how did you work it out?
Re: Dstv Criminal Act by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:57am On May 26, 2016
Tell them you will report them to NCC and do so if they fail to redeem their promise; though I am sure the threat alone should be enough - South African Companies are now afraid of Nigeria (seeing what happened to MTN). Good luck.
Re: Dstv Criminal Act by donciccio: 11:26am On May 26, 2016
ItsMeAboki:
Tell them you will report them to NCC and do so if they fail to redeem their promise; though I am sure the threat alone should be enough - South African Companies are now afraid of Nigeria (seeing what happened to MTN). Good luck.

Thanx brotherly. Really appreciate you. Will try that.
Re: Dstv Criminal Act by donciccio: 11:59am On May 26, 2016
Oga Seun and his super mods, it seems NL have lost it's value/mission that only crass issues are being promoted on this platform. It's inscrutable that well meaning Nigerians now walk past NL as a forum. Vividly I can still remember those days when NL is our place of solace and enquiries from jobs, education, auto, travel etc, not only for Nigerians but globally. What has happened?
Re: Dstv Criminal Act by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:12pm On May 26, 2016
donciccio:

Thanx brotherly. Really appreciate you. Will try that.

Good, keep us posted on how it pans out.
Re: Dstv Criminal Act by donciccio: 6:49pm On May 26, 2016
Dear Mr X

Thank you for your email.

Please do not delete the case [# number] from the subject line as this is your reference number.

Please be informed that your account has been credited with one month free subscription.

Reconnection has been effected on your account. Your next due date would be 26th June 2016.

We appreciate your understanding and patronage.

Sincerely,

XY

MultiChoice Nigeria Team

@ItsmeAboki, I really appreciate you bro. God bless you.

Based on your advise I google their (dstv) email so I mailed them copying the mail above to them and stating they should activate my decoder else I escalate it to the regulatory authority and general public.
Some minutes later I saw their reply requesting for my details which I sent to them. Then this evening I received the email above that I've been connected. Although I'm not home yet from work to confirm. But I hope it's been done.
Re: Dstv Criminal Act by donciccio: 6:53pm On May 26, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Good, keep us posted on how it pans out.

When I get home will post confirmation.
✌ itsmeaboki
Re: Dstv Criminal Act by donciccio: 9:36pm On May 26, 2016
Got home some minutes ago and I've my decoder on now.
Confirm I've been connected back.

Special Thanx @ItsMeAboki and Thanx to all NLrs.
Re: Dstv Criminal Act by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:47am On May 27, 2016
donciccio:
Got home some minutes ago and I've my decoder on now.
Confirm I've been connected back.

Special Thanx @ItsMeAboki and Thanx to all NLrs.

Thank me wetin, abeg just pay me my consultation fee for this correct professional advice - LOL, glad to hear the problem is resolved amicably. cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Young Boys Storm Lagos Island Streets, Kill A Worshiper And Loot Shops / Police Sack 3 Officers Involve In Striping Ebonyi Girl Caught Having Sex Unclad / Fulani Herdsman Allegedly Cuts-off Farmer’s Hand And Ear In Kogi State (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.