Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives (5405 Views)

Faith Ikuku 30th Birthday Celebration Photos. Celebrities Spotted / Olusoji Jacob & Blessing Douglas White Wedding Photos. Celebrities Spotted / Variety Magazine Lists Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Mo Abudu 50 Global Showbiz Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by londonrivals: 8:47pm On May 25, 2016
Sometimes, celebrities leave the spotlight to chase something else. Some make the transition for personal reasons, while others just aren't interested in fame and fortune.

We might not always know why they shunned fame, but one thing is for sure, they were willing to leave it all behind.

Here are eight Nigerian celebrities who decided to trade in the glitz and glamor for a normal life:
1. Rita Nzelu

Known as one of the pioneer actress in Nollywood, Rita Nzelu starred in "Living in Bondage" where she played the role of Tina, a call girl.

Nzelu however quit acting and relocated to London.

Happily married with kids, she still remains something to talk about.
2. Soul E

Soul E, real name Emmanuel Ifechukwu Okose, dumped the music industry for God's work.

Now a prophet, Soul E had an encounter in Singapore that changed his life forever.

3. Sandra Achums

Sandra Achums was a very popular actress back then but unfortunately she dumped fame for marriage!

She relocated to Germany in 2011 where she secretly married a German based Nigerian businessman.

4. Dolly Nwachukwu

Remember her in "Full Moon"? Well, the fair skinned plus sized beauty sizzled in films like "Bitter Encounter" and "Deadly Affair" before disappearing from our TV screens.

We sure do miss her!

5. Eddy Montana

Former Remedies singer, Eddy Montana was a hot piece of cake back then. The 'Sha ko mo' crooner just up and disappeared from the music scene.

6. Victoria Inyama

One of the most promising starlets of her time, Victoria Inyama decided to give it all away for a married life, far off in the United states of America.

7. Charles Okafor

He made a name in Nollywood with movies like “Ritual”, “Never Die for Love”, “Lost Kingdom”, “Conspiracy” and others. But suddenly, the Anambra State born actor disappeared from our TV screens and we've missed seeing him since then.

Charles’ disappearance was however blamed on the producers who refused to give him roles.

8. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick warmed her way into our hearts when she played Sakobi the "Snake Girl".

The gap toothed beauty has since been missing on our screens. We also heard she's married to a Police officer.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/photos-celebrities-who-quit-showbiz-to.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 25, 2016
op..... U r so right wit ur list..... nice one
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:54pm On May 25, 2016
More like "CELEBRITIES WHO LOST RELEVANCE". That showbiz, you snooze you lose.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Benjom(m): 8:58pm On May 25, 2016
Those good old days. I know all of them. Anyone with any useful information on Eddy Remedy (his whereabout)?
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Behira(f): 9:00pm On May 25, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
More like "CELEBRITIES WHO LOST RELEVANCE". That showbiz, you snooze you lose.
Thats a big lie the actors and actress dat is on this list didnt loose relevance but suddenly dissappeared witout a trace.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:04pm On May 25, 2016
Behira:
Thats a big lie the actors and actress dat is on this list didnt loose relevance but suddenly dissappeared witout a trace.
Oh please, if they were to be casted In a Hollywood blockbuster, you think they would have disappeared?. No roles, No pay, No career, so they form disappearance. Would Eddie remedy have disappeared, if he went on to achieve fame like idibia tuface.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by goldbim(f): 9:05pm On May 25, 2016
Regina Askia,is saint obi and Ernest obi still acting??
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by redcliff: 9:06pm On May 25, 2016
Benjom:
Those good old days. I know all of them. Anyone with any useful information on Eddy Remedy (his whereabout)?
You wan dash am money or revive him career? Abeg leave am make he rest
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Yuneehk(f): 9:09pm On May 25, 2016
Susan Patrick! Been a really really long time
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Swissheart(f): 9:12pm On May 25, 2016
Kenny Saint Brown... ... ... I remember that Snake Girl movie, Susan Patrick did it well.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by MewZhik: 9:18pm On May 25, 2016
Yuneehk:
Susan Patrick! Been a really really long time

When Eddy was Montana, why did he travel to France How many trophies can he get from riding with Obama to see the throne of Hitler Patrick is wicked, my sister.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Behira(f): 9:19pm On May 25, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Oh please, if they were to be casted In a Hollywood blockbuster, you think they would have disappeared?. No roles, No pay, No career, so they form disappearance. Would Eddie remedy have disappeared, if he went on to achieve fame like idibia tuface.
Oga i remember vividly i said actors and actress.....and dats because i watched most of their movies wen they were still on screen and dey were doing very good in their field. more over show biz is a business and anyone might leave it if they find a more lucrative ends meet not neccessarily because they became irrelevant in it.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by MewZhik: 9:23pm On May 25, 2016
Swissheart:
Kenny Saint Brown... ... ... I remember that Snake Girl movie, Susan Patrick did it well.

That movie was tech. But I don't like how James Bond kissed Jennifer Lopez after saving the slave boy from the toilet under the staircase to the private office of the president in Airforce 1.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by RedCard1(m): 9:23pm On May 25, 2016
most left cos they couldn't keep up with competition.

Charles Okafor was not a good actor. Nigerians later realized it and so he faded. Soul E has zero singing talent.

Rita Nzelu, Victoria Inyama could act and Sandra Achums had her great screen moments but they all couldn't stand competition from young generation actresses such as Genevieve Nnaji, Stephanie Linus, Rita Dominic, Omotola Jalade, etc.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:29pm On May 25, 2016
Behira:
Oga i remember vividly i said actors and actress.....and dats because i watched most of their movies wen they were still on screen and dey were doing very good in their field. more over show biz is a business and anyone might leave it if they find a more lucrative ends meet not neccessarily because they became irrelevant in it.
and madam I watched ronaldinho on TV, he was a football god, but today he has "DISAPPEARED". Do you know why?. He became less useful, better stars sprung up, fresh talent was discovered, the people wanted something different; it's either 'publish or perish". and you only just affirmed my previous answer in your last sentence, when acting becomes less rewarding due to fewer roles, they "DISAPPEAR" grin
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Behira(f): 9:33pm On May 25, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
and madam I watched ronaldinho on TV, he was a football god, but today he has "DISAPPEARED". Do you know why?. He became less useful, better stars sprung up, fresh talent was discovered, the people wanted something different; it's either 'publish or perish". and you only just affirmed my previous answer in your last sentence, when acting becomes less rewarding due to fewer roles, they "DISAPPEAR" grin
abeg Bizibody1ofImo state u no go allow me drink dis gari wey i soak in peace
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:38pm On May 25, 2016
Behira:
abeg Bizibody1ofImo state u no go allow me drink dis gari wey i soak in peace
One time I tried making hot ijebu to drink during the rainy season, and it turned to Eba; have any idea why?
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 25, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Young man it's not all about fame. Fame does not feel as good as you think. Am an OAP with a TV and radio station... but sometimes feel like i shouldn't have treaded that path at all... . not all that glitters is gold. besides there are better paying careers besides the fame.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by Ginaz(f): 11:48pm On May 25, 2016
I miss all of them, especially Victoria. She was such an actress and so fine, how time fly embarassed.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by VIEWS95: 12:23am On May 26, 2016
I love threads dat are well detailed, not those rubbish that hungry bloggers post here all in d name of front page..... OP weldone jare... U really tried.. U deserve a litre of feul and 5 tomatoes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by sinceraconcept(m): 7:16am On May 26, 2016
Nigerian producers are very foolish,why wouldn't they give talented and handsome Charles Okafor role. I miss seeing him in movies. He was extremely talented and my favorite actor as a child. Rita Nzelu is such a beautiful woman
But why do Igbos bear funny names at times? What's Is Inyama? Inyama in our yoruba language is what you say when something disgusts you.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by HCF(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2016
Pat Atta, Ego Boyo (of Violated), Uche Osotule (Onome), Ejike Asiegbu, Liz Benson,Hilda Dokubo...readily come to mind!

Those days we had people with raw talent,who just had the passion for acting...but these days... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by ammyluv2002(f): 10:45am On May 26, 2016
HCF:
Pat Atta, Ego Boyo (of Violated), Uche Osotule (Onome), Ejike Asiegbu, Liz Benson,Hilda Dokubo...readily come to mind!

Those days we had people with raw talent,who just had the passion for acting...but these days... lipsrsealed
Liz Benson and Hilda Dokubo came back to acting.
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by paparazzi1987(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2016
Eddy montana did not quit showbiz. It was showbiz that quit him

undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by HCF(m): 7:27am On May 27, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Liz Benson and Hilda Dokubo came back to acting.
That's good to know!
Re: PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Quit Showbiz To Live Ordinary Lives by okwabayi(m): 1:44am On Sep 18, 2018
I would have preferred the thread to have more wordy paragraphs. Oh well, this was nice to know anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Flavour Pay A Visit To Phyno Mansion With His Beautiful Daughter(photo+video) / Wizkid’s Ex-girlfriend, Sophie Alakija’s Marriage Has Reportedly Crashed / Bbnaija: Video Of Erica Kissing Singer Minjin Surfaces Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.