Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,880 members, 7,862,973 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

Samson Siasia Confirm Mikel For The Rio Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samson Siasia Confirm Mikel For The Rio Olympics (539 Views)

Sanita Samson Siasia Marries Henry Jamell Traditionally (Photos) / Samson Siasia Signing Keshi's And Amodu's Condolence Registers / NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Confirm Mikel For The Rio Olympics by oyeniyi10(m): 10:32pm On May 25, 2016
The Nigeria Dream Team VI coach, Samson Siasia has settled the issue of one of the over age players he intend to take to the Rio Olympics confirming to 2muchsports.com that he has reached agreement with Chelsea football club of England for Mikel to play for Nigeria at this year’s Olympics. There has been speculation in the media over the over age players that Siasia was going to pick for his team with the name of Mikel Obi and Odion Ighalo featuring prominently. Siasia has finally put the matter to rest in the case of Mikel Obi in a chart with our correspondent declaring that he got the nod of the Chelsea offfcials when he went on a tour of London last Saturday. “I met Mike Emenalo of Chelsea on Mikel Obi’s issue and he said Mikel can go to Rio Olympics”, Siasia said. Meanwhile, Siasia is yet to get the nod of Watford in the case of Odion Ighalo as the club is yet to officially reply to his request. “I saw some of the players in England but I couldn’t talk with Odion Ighalo’s club- Watford’s officials. We sent them (Watford officials) a letter asking them if they could release him, but I have not received a reply yet”, Siasia disclosed. World cup coach as he is fondly called by his admirers also gave us an update on the four Nation tournament in South Korea trip. “we are good to go because the Nigeria Football Federation in collaboration with the Ministry of Youths and Sports has almost secured visas for the team for the competition. “As you are aware the three countries campaigning in the tournament in South Korea the host nation, Honduras and Denmark are all Rio Olympics bound teams and it is going to be a good testing ground for our team and the players especially. Like I said we are ready to go, we are just waiting for the foreign based players to join us here in Abuja and to train together for some days before departing for South Korea. I am sure they will all be in Abuja latest tonight (Tuesday night) and will commence full scale practice the following day (today). “Everybody will gather here in Abuja before departing to South Korea. Nobody is moving from his base to the tournament’s venue”, Siasia disclosed. The Coach however named seven out of the nine invited foreign based players for the South Korea Tournament. “Some of the foreign based players invited for the South Korea tournament are: Saturday Keigo, Nathan Oduwa, Azubike Okechukwu (team captain), Stanley Amuzie, Sodiq Popoola, Ezekiel Imoh, Taiwo Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi cannot come because his Tunisian club is still playing, so nine of them are invited from Europe for the competition”. he concluded.
Re: Samson Siasia Confirm Mikel For The Rio Olympics by fistonati(m): 11:18pm On May 25, 2016
Apart from Brazil, I think Nigeria is the only other country that can win the worthy.

May we all celebrate our Olympic teams in good health and alive
Re: Samson Siasia Confirm Mikel For The Rio Olympics by DrLee(m): 11:47pm On May 25, 2016
why mikel abeg?

(1) (Reply)

LIVE Now: David Moyes In Nigeria For Joseph Yobo Centenary Game (testimonial) / 6 Things Late Stephen Keshi Loved To Spend Time Doing / What's The Best TRX Suspension Trainer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.