Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

The Will Of God Shall Prevail - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Will Of God Shall Prevail (323 Views)

God Shall Shine His Light Upon You. / God Shall Meet Our Needs / The Reign Of Satan Shall Be Over Soon- BRAIN USERS SHALL PREVAIL IN NIGERIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Will Of God Shall Prevail by yommyuk: 7:44am On May 26, 2016
The Bible tells us that God’s will is good, acceptable, and perfect in every way. To live life at its spiritual best, we need to discover His plans and desires for us, and then we must walk in them every day. And yet certain hindrances can prevent our discerning His intentions for us.

SELF WILL
We are our own biggest obstacle. We’re born into this world with a fallen nature that likes to have its own way and be its own master. To follow God’s plan, we need to surrender our rights to Him and embrace His ways. We must choose every day to let Him rule over our thought life, emotions, families, work, and decisions. Surrendering to God means victory; clinging to our own ideas brings defeat.

IGNORANCE OF GOD’S PRINCIPLES

We are easily tripped up when we do not know what is important to the Lord and what we should avoid. Our minds can be changed from worldly to godly only with a steady application of Scripture. Without the light of biblical guidance, we will wander away from God’s plan.

INFLUENCE OF OTHERS

People have lots of opinions about what we ought to do and how God would want us to behave. Unless we are extremely careful, we will act to satisfy them. In fact, we might find ourselves out of God’s will because we put others ahead of the Lord.

If we abandon ourselves to God’s care, then “self” will be subdued, a hunger for His Word will grow, and we will live to please Him, not others. Have you given the “throne of your life” to Him?

Romans 12:2
Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Psalms 119:105-106
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again: I will obey your righteous regulations.

1 Cor 15:57
“But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Can't Get To Church? / Friendship / How To Make The World A Better Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.