Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children (883 Views)

What's The Reason Behind Your Name? / Are You Sexualizing Your Children? / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by benpuzzy(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2016
Some people believes that a child's name is one of the factors that determines what he/she will be in the future, prior to the above assertion it is advisable to be very careful with the selection of the names for our children.

I will like everybody to tell us the names of their Children and the reasons behind the names.

Our would-be fathers and mothers are not left out in this discussion.

Let me kick start the show:
My first Daughter's name if : KAMSIYOCHUKWU meaning "The way i asked the Lord, he did for me".

Since i am still expecting six more kids, i am proposing

Chimdindu Meaning " My God is alive"

Chimnememma meaning " My God is a good doer"

Chimdinma meaning " My God is good"

Chimdalu meaning " Thank you my God"

Obianuju meaning "Child of affluence"

Oya make una talk una own, lalastica you are not exempted........
Re: What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by Beremx(f): 11:32am On May 26, 2016
Osinachi.....it is from God.

after losing my first child in my previous relationship,i prayed to God for another child in a newly found love and he gave me.
Re: What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by benpuzzy(m): 2:26pm On May 26, 2016
Beremx:
Osinachi.....it is from God.

after losing my first child in my previous relationship,i prayed to God for another child in a newly found love and he gave me.

Sorry for the your lost, thank God for the comforter - Osinachi.
Re: What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by udumosam23(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2016
Obase-Okamke (the lord has helped me).

The name is born of a reflection of my life, and the circumstances that surrounds our marriage and his birth. It has just been the lord showing up at every end.

I still remember that mum died a few months before my graduation from college. I had already engage to the lasy I'm married to and the date fixed.

Since I was a theological student, I had thought that my employment was automatic. So, still grieving over mum, I managed to go ahead with the wedding.

After the wedding, no job both for me and my wife. We managed to live over the marriage proceeds for a while, my wife was pregnant already and my mum that would ve assisted was not there.

It was becoming cloudy, I then apply for another church that broke away from my church, my application was considered almost immediately.

At her nine months we at Okposi, no good hospital around, she went home for a sisters marriage, and labour came upon her, luckily most of the invited guest were nurses and with a well equipped hospital close by, the child bearing process was a walk over.

My colleagues are still struggling with the prove of ministry where I left, and with 15000 as salary, but I'm not just ordained, I'm paid at least enough to fend for myself and family.

We were wondering, if the church had not employed us and we remained where we were, what would have become of us. If labour had met her in Okposi what would have happened, we are still struggling with more than double the amount our colleagues are in the other end are receiving, what would have happened if it was that amount we were offered?

Indeed the lord knows how to deliver His own. So we concluded the lord has been with us, helping our frailties. So we call Him our Ebenezar and name our first child after the gesture.
Re: What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by benpuzzy(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2016
udumosam23:
Obase-Okamke (the lord has helped me).

The name is born of a reflection of my life, and the circumstances that surrounds our marriage and his birth. It has just been the lord showing up at every end.

I still remember that mum died a few months before my graduation from college. I had already engage to the lasy I'm married to and the date fixed.

Since I was a theological student, I had thought that my employment was automatic. So, still grieving over mum, I managed to go ahead with the wedding.

After the wedding, no job both for me and my wife. We managed to live over the marriage proceeds for a while, my wife was pregnant already and my mum that would ve assisted was not there.

It was becoming cloudy, I then apply for another church that broke away from my church, my application was considered almost immediately.

At her nine months we at Okposi, no good hospital around, she went home for a sisters marriage, and labour came upon her, luckily most of the invited guest were nurses and with a well equipped hospital close by, the child bearing process was a walk over.

My colleagues are still struggling with the prove of ministry where I left, and with 15000 as salary, but I'm not just ordained, I'm paid at least enough to fend for myself and family.

We were wondering, if the church had not employed us and we remained where we were, what would have become of us. If labour had met her in Okposi what would have happened, we are still struggling with more than double the amount our colleagues are in the other end are receiving, what would have happened if it was that amount we were offered?

Indeed the lord knows how to deliver His own. So we concluded the lord has been with us, helping our frailties. So we call Him our Ebenezar and name our first child after the gesture.

what a toothing experience, the Lord will always make a way for his people.
Re: What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by Ladywest: 7:53pm On May 26, 2016
I gave my son RanyeluChukwu meaning entrusted or committed into God's hand. I had a very difficult pregnancy from 1st tof 9months it was not easy at all. My hubby was so confused and scared with how I had all the symptoms of a pregnancy and also complications . I didn't know that I and my baby will survive it allit was God all the way.

My midwife consultants doctors nurses everybody were very supportive to the end.

I give God all the glory.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by gidjah(m): 8:15pm On May 26, 2016
GREW UP T BE PRETTY LONELY and moody , no momma but surrogates around, no one to always share troubles with no one to share pains with, save my GOD, really wanted another mate , untill this bundle of joy came and had t give her my mamas name, MORENIKEJI TAWAKALITU{got a second mate}.she still remains the only true mate God has given me, even the mother cant come close.really lived a lonely life o!

Re: What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by benpuzzy(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2016
Ladywest:
I gave my son RanyeluChukwu meaning entrusted or committed into God's hand. I had a very difficult pregnancy from 1st tof 9months it was not easy at all. My hubby was so confused and scared with how I had all the symptoms of a pregnancy and also complications . I didn't know that I and my baby will survive it allit was God all the way.

My midwife consultants doctors nurses everybody were very supportive to the end.

I give God all the glory.

I Love that name "RANYELUCHUKWU", God has taken control already, Amen.
Re: What Is The Reason Behind The Names You Gave Your Children by benpuzzy(m): 4:18pm On May 27, 2016
gidjah:
GREW UP T BE PRETTY LONELY and moody , no momma but surrogates around, no one to always share troubles with no one to share pains with, save my GOD, really wanted another mate , untill this bundle of joy came and had t give her my mamas name, MORENIKEJI TAWAKALITU{got a second mate}.she still remains the only true mate God has given me, even the mother cant come close.really lived a lonely life o!

To God be the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Why Most Women Are Not Sexually Satisfied / Just Killed A Big Rat, What Should I Do With It Pls Advice Me (pic) / Tragedy As The Facebook User's Birthday Turns To Sorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.