Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? (1052 Views)

5 Tips To Help You Turn Your Hobby To A Successful Full-time Job - Topwritersden / Job Seekers Cvs On The Floor Of The Entrance To The NLNG HQ Construction Site / Why Do 2.2 Graduates Smartly Omit Their Grades On Their Cvs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by dozzykoncept(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2016
Please I need your SUGGESTIONS :
I can tap game, I concur.
Playing video games(FIFA) is my hobby especially after a stressful day.
Should I include it in my CV?
Funny as it sounds, I'm applying in one of the Top Oil Companies in South-South.
...Just a hobby. Should I?

Lalasticlala

Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by obisite: 11:19am On May 26, 2016
If it's owk,, you won't have ask... If I see any on CV, and I'm the employer, i will ask what level you are in d game, because one day, you will leave the job sit n start playing game... mind you, the game level one is, tells how jobless one had been with one's time..

2 Likes

Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by shiftback: 1:18pm On May 26, 2016
obisite:
If it's owk,, you won't have ask... If I see any on CV, and I'm the employer, i will ask what level you are in d game, because one day, you will leave the job sit n start playing game... mind you, the game level one is, tells how jobless one had been with one's time..
So if he gets the job he won't be jobless anymore then.
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 26, 2016
lols then its OK to add throwing stones to someone's CV grin ,its some peoples hobby o
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 26, 2016
@obisite:

Do you have Fifa 2016, kindly help. share or copy for me. I am a Fan of Fifa and Pes.
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 26, 2016
You aint ready to work man
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by Aremu01(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2016
Even ppl with more interesting hobbies never get job. U de dr de ask?
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by Kalani: 8:14pm On May 26, 2016
i'm sure you like women. You can like to add 'love chasing women' to your cv too

Mungo Park!
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by Nickymezor(f): 11:52pm On May 26, 2016
Kalani:
i'm sure you like women. You can like to add 'love chasing women' to your cv too

Mungo Park!
grin grin
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by kaka22(m): 6:35am On May 27, 2016
dozzykoncept:
Please I need your SUGGESTIONS :
I can tap game, I concur.
Playing video games(FIFA) is my hobby especially after a stressful day.
Should I include it in my CV?
Funny as it sounds, I'm applying in one of the Top Oil Companies in South-South.
...Just a hobby. Should I?

Lalasticlala

While I was searching for job, I put "watching educative seasonal films like desperate housewives, apprentice and listening to good music from olamide, oritse femi" on my cv. I was asked in an interview what I learnt in desperate housewives. I structured my answer in a way that highlighted the importance of family while working i.e work-life balance. After my answer, all the ladies on the panel were impressed. In fact, it made my interview to be fun in a kind of way. At the end of the process, I got the job.

Note: I later edited the examples out like desperate housewives, olamide.

Yes, you can put it on your CV but have a well thought out explanation in case they ask you what you benefit from the game apart from fun but you may not include it to play it safe unless you are like me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by sucobaba(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2016
YES if

a) after doing your findings (internal and external), your interviewer(s) are gamers. Many of these coys provide top range game consoles for relaxation DURING break periods.

b) if you can easily relate the games to the job specs as someone rightly said.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by dozzykoncept(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2016
sucobaba:

YES if
a) after doing your findings (internal and external), your interviewer(s) are gamers. Many of these coys provide top range game consoles for relaxation DURING break periods.
b) if you can easily relate the games to the job specs as someone rightly said.
Cheers
kaka22:

While I was searching for job, I put "watching educative seasonal films like desperate housewives, apprentice and listening to good music from olamide, oritse femi" on my cv. I was asked in an interview what I learnt in desperate housewives. I structured my answer in a way that highlighted the importance of family while working i.e work-life balance. After my answer, all the ladies on the panel were impressed. In fact, it made my interview to be fun in a kind of way. At the end of the process, I got the job.
Note: I later edited the examples out like desperate housewives, olamide.
Yes, you can put it on your CV but have a well thought out explanation in case they ask you what you benefit from the game apart from fun but you may not include it to play it safe unless you are like me cheesy

I'm actually applying for a Nursing job in USA through an Agency. You know these white guys don't joke with little details on your resume /CV.
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by An0nimus: 3:33pm On May 27, 2016
It's ok in my book but specifying the video game titles is a little overboard IMO. Board games like chess are preferable though, if you're very good at them.
Re: Cvs & Resume :is It OK Include Playing Video Games (PES & FIFA) As Your Hobby ? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 27, 2016
welcome to the corporate world where employers prefer to be told lies instead of the truth

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Employment Vacancy / We Are Recruiting!!! / 3 Jobs At International NGO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.