Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear (2692 Views)

My 2003 Camry Automatic Gear Problem / KTAG Master 14P600KT06 Cable Pin Out / 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Inception(m): 11:46am On May 26, 2016
Hello guys,

i am in need of a used (or will i say bad) of the aforementioned transmission(with torque converter), preferably removed from a 2002-09 Toyota Camry( 4 cylinder) to be dashed to me grin or sold as scrap( i will pay for shipping). i want to salvage the pump and the torque converter. the A541e is used in the 1999 to 2001 toyota camry v6.

The following criteria for the transmission goes thus:

1. it must have been removed from a working vehicle

2. prior to removal, there should have been no whining, or grinding noise (signalling mechanical failure)

3. the trannsmission problem must be valvebody related( in other words it should have generated valve body or solenoid codes, preferably P0776, usually caused by very dirty transmission fluid), as i know say other sensor codes on transmission body no go wan make u change am grin

Expecting a positive reply from you guys!

Cc. Kashif, kingreign,Gazzuzz
Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Kashif(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2016
Inception:
Hello guys,

i am in need of a used (or will i say bad) U250E transmission(with torque converter), preferably removed from a 2007-09 Toyota camry to be dashed to me grin or sold as scrap( i will pay for shipping).

The following criteria for the transmission goes thus:

1. it must have been removed from a working vehicle( by u guys of course grin).

2. prior to removal, there should have been no whining, grinding or clunking noise (signalling mechanical failure)

3. the trannsmission problem must be valvebody related( in other words it should have generated valve body or solenoid codes, preferably P0776, usually caused by very dirty transmission fluid), as i know say other sensor codes on transmission body no go wan make u change am grin

The issue is that the current transmission in my car(2007 toyota camry) makes a whining noise in gear 1 and gear 2 (suspecting either a bearing or planteary gear failure) but is silent on other gears.The gear shifting is seamless, reasonably and transmission fluid is clean

i also suspect that there may be a problem with the differential, as i hear clunking noises when i drive over rough terrain(note: the front suspension is 100% on point, though i kind of suspect the the inner cv joints tho.)

The plan is that i would swap my valvebody and all sensors to this transmission and replace the existing one with it.

Reason for doing this i simply the high cost of getting a transmission(250k no be beans mehn) and i have sufficent technical competence and right tools to do it.

Expecting a positive reply from you guys!

Cc. Kashif, kingreign

Shuo! All these conditions for free lunch?! grin grin grin grin grin

If there is a planetary failure, the transmission will have serious driveability issues. A common problem (which I don't think your model should have) is pinion getting lose in carrier. Another thing to bear in mind is this - there is no planetary gear that is exclusive to 1st and 2nd ratios. There is also no holding member (clutch or brake) so dedicated. This means that if this is coming from a planetary, it wont be heard in 1st and 2nd alone. This noise should show up in at least, one other ratio.

If you say bearing well, I am not able to figure out which, unless you are referring to roller ping bearings. Noise from these should be very minimal.

Clunking noise on rough terrain will not come from differential. There is no tolerance to allow that. This whining noise may come therefrom, but you need to confirm if it is there when the transmission is engine-driven(accelerating) or wheel-driven(coasting).

Finally, the mounts are my prime suspect.
Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Inception(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2016
Kashif:

Shuo! All these conditions for free lunch?! grin grin grin grin grin

If there is a planetary failure, the transmission will have serious driveability issues. A common problem (which I don't think your model should have) is pinion getting lose in carrier. Another thing to bear in mind is this - there is no planetary gear that is exclusive to 1st and 2nd ratios. There is also no holding member (clutch or brake) so dedicated. This means that if this is coming from a planetary, it wont be heard in 1st and 2nd alone. This noise should show up in at least, one other ratio.

If you say bearing well, I am not able to figure out which, unless you are referring to roller ping bearings. Noise from these should be very minimal.

Clunking noise on rough terrain will not come from differential. There is no tolerance to allow that. This whining noise may come therefrom, but you need to confirm if it is there when the transmission is engine-driven(accelerating) or wheel-driven(coasting).

Finally, the mounts are my prime suspect.

Bros, na Buharinomics i dey practice na grin

Thanks for your response. I actually have the bearings as my prime suspect in this case. The whine is first heard in first gear, then it becomes very loud(i.e the whine) in second. In third gear, it becomes very faint, then it is non-existent in 4 and 5.

The funny thing is, when the accelerator is depressed when it is in 1 or 2, it becomes very audible( even when the glass is wound up). but when it is in gear 2 for example , and i release the pedal, the noise disappears. If i depress again , i hear it until it changes to gear 3 where it becomes silent.

I too do not really suspect the differential , built rather the inner CV joint, as i hear some rumbling noise and experience vibrations when accelerating to high speeds (45-70 mph), am i am 100 percent sure that it is not a tire balance problem due to the fact that the vibration stops when i lift my foot off the accelerator pedal. i am only thinking that the whine may have contributory effects though through the diff?

As for the mounts, the 4 are all in perfect condition, as i even recently changed the dog-bone mount.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Inception(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2016
BUMP
Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Kashif(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2016
Inception:

Bros, na Buharinomics i dey practice na grin

Thanks for your response. I actually have the bearings as my prime suspect in this case. The whine is first heard in first gear, then it becomes very loud(i.e the whine) in second. In third gear, it becomes very faint, then it is non-existent in 4 and 5.

The funny thing is, when the accelerator is depressed when it is in 1 or 2, it becomes very audible( even when the glass is wound up). but when it is in gear 2 for example , and i release the pedal, the noise disappears. If i depress again , i hear it until it changes to gear 3 where it becomes silent.

I too do not really suspect the differential , built rather the inner CV joint, as i hear some rumbling noise and experience vibrations when accelerating to high speeds (45-70 mph), am i am 100 percent sure that it is not a tire balance problem due to the fact that the vibration stops when i lift my foot off the accelerator pedal. i am only thinking that the whine may have contributory effects though through the diff?

As for the mounts, the 4 are all in perfect condition, as i even recently changed the dog-bone mount.

What is the relationship this noise has with engine and vehicle speed? From your explanation, it is not looking like a gear ratio-driven noise, since its there in 3rd, albeit lower. Can you maintain an average RPM from takeoff during another test? On the other hand, can you maintain an average speed? For instance, drive hard in first to attain about 40km/h, and then maintain it there while the car gets to 3rd? I suggest you drive it with the lever in 3rd.

Trying to pinpoint what drives this noise.

With the vibrations at higher speed, TCC comes within radar.
Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Inception(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2016
Kashif:

What is the relationship this noise has with engine and vehicle speed? From your explanation, it is not looking like a gear ratio-driven noise, since its there in 3rd, albeit lower. Can you maintain an average RPM from takeoff during another test? On the other hand, can you maintain an average speed? For instance, drive hard in first to attain about 40km/h, and then maintain it there while the car gets to 3rd? I suggest you drive it with the lever in 3rd.

Trying to pinpoint what drives this noise.

With the vibrations at higher speed, TCC comes within radar.

I think i will try that.( when ASA i close from work)

But do you think the Torque converter or transmission pump can cause such whine in such circumstances?

Please note that when the car is in park or Neutral, there is no such noise when i rev the car to the limit.
Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Kashif(m): 4:10pm On May 26, 2016
Inception:

I think i will try that.( when ASA i close from work)

But do you think the Torque converter or transmission pump can cause such whine in such circumstances?

Please note that when the car is in park or Neutral, there is no such noise when i rev the car to the limit.

The whine is not coming from the TC, but the vibrations could. For the vibration, I suspect a torque converter clutch shudder. It happens when the clutch engages and disengages very rapidly, sending vibrations across the vehicle. The noise cannot possibly be coming from the pump, because the pump is always pumping, as long as the engine is running. You have said the noise is not there when you rev it in N and P. Pump ruled out.

If you have a TCC shudder and your ATF is clean, you possibly have a VB problem.
Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by depair: 4:48pm On May 26, 2016
from your explanation the noise is coming from the rollers and pulleys that drive the serpentine belt.
this is not transmission related.
Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Inception(m): 11:40am On Jun 08, 2016
bumpp
Re: In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear by Inception(m): 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2016
bumpity

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy My Mom A Car; / Car Names And Their Meaning / Nigerians With Automatics & The Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.