Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer (57741 Views)

This Man Scammed Me / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Dam5reey(m): 8:17pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:
We met on olx.. I haven't heard of this before! !I was so ignorant! All I need now is a solution! I received the allert and I had to unlock my iCloud for him!! When I got to the ATM there was nothing in there! !Pls help me out! !

cry
So sad!...
Now the issue is that the SMS might not have came front the sim...

If you see the person now what is the proof you sold phone to him...

It sad but, every one should just learn to be real sometime do your transaction at a safe place.. Collect cash...

Why do you think online store did Cash on delivery?

I have sold 3 items on OLx Cash and carry..
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by dejii01(m): 8:17pm On May 26, 2016
Sorry bro.

I can't fall for this though.

I wouldn't want to say you're not smart but always take caution when money is involved in business especially those done online.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by olumig(m): 8:17pm On May 26, 2016
What the guy needs is solution(s) to his problem. Like someone said try and use a female trap you may be lucky. It worked for me when my wife's phone was stolen.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by mrmoneyman(m): 8:17pm On May 26, 2016
Op if its a brand new iphone their is little or nutin you can do about it but if its a second handed phone you can still tract its location by simply mailing iphone© what happened n provide dem wit you icloud details after which the will monitor every activity on d fone including facebook loggin, whatsap, google account, calls entry n lots of other things that will help yhu in ur search.... Sorry abt dat bro, its 1 of those tinz. Take life as its cumZ

5 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Missonas(f): 8:17pm On May 26, 2016
yoged:
eh ya. sorry bro . one of the reason it's always good having mobile banking app on your phone. sharperly log in to cross check your account balance .

Na nokia been dey hin hand after the transaction. But seriously that mobile banking shii also has its pros and cons
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by 4reala(m): 8:20pm On May 26, 2016
ceejay80s:

How did u know its fake credit alert?

Did u check with ur. Atm card or confirmed ftom customer service?

How did the guy get ur real account balance?

How does the fake text alert look like?

Pls explain well
oga, where did u see his a/c bal on d pics All he needs is his fone no. Then he wld send a customized msg to him
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by ifycent2: 8:21pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:
Scammer Alert!!! Who Can Help Catch This Scammer

I sold an iPhone to this scammer and he did a bank transfer.. I received d alert thinking the money was in and we parted ways. Little did I know that I have just been scammed and it was a fake credit alert. His phone no has been switched off but his whatsapp no is going... Who can help trace him... BEWARE OF BANK ALERTS

The guys no is 09050587873...please help trace him and help me

Take his Mobile number to Glo office and confirm de guy details.

but wait oooooh...
Seller and de buyer never tell us the real truth of the matter self.....
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 26, 2016
@OP

One thing I can bet on this issue is that the alleged scamer didn't register sim of the phone directly. So, even if you involve any of the security formations, you will end up messing the life of an innocent person.

Well, if you have any proof of ownership of the said phone, tell me, I may find a solution to your need.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Haabil: 8:25pm On May 26, 2016
Abeg go charge ur fon jare
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Dam5reey(m): 8:25pm On May 26, 2016
Missonas:

Na nokia been dey hin hand after the transaction. But seriously that mobile banking shii also has its pros and cons

Seriously speaking... I withdrew from ATM since 6 pm..
Debit alert entered my Email .instant
.. Just now SMS alert came after 2 hour...

Nigerian security is still learning....

This just a big lesson for all of us...

2 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by JuanDeDios: 8:27pm On May 26, 2016
ZuzuMan:
angry angry angry
Biko, which one is fake text detector app?
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by priscaoge(f): 8:28pm On May 26, 2016
How can some people be so insensitive? Someone is in dare need of ur help/advice n all u can do is mock n laugh at him? Who knows it all? If u don't have any helpful info or advice, why don't u move on to another post? All these people acting "Mr Know it all" can be so dumb outside Nairaland. Because he has no idea about this, now he's stupid huh? Smh! Pls receive sense before it's too late. Op I guess u should report to d Police let them help u track d guy through telecommunication! It might cost u a little but at least, get that Bastard behind bars before another person falls victim.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by LagosObama: 8:28pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:
We met on olx.. I haven't heard of this before! !I was so ignorant! All I need now is a solution! I received the allert and I had to unlock my iCloud for him!! When I got to the ATM there was nothing in there! !Pls help me out! !

I feel your pain. In life, they say, sometimes you win, sometimes you learn (you never lose!). It's Just that the tuition for some lessons could be quite huge, just like the one you're going through now. I can help by reducing the cost of this lesson for you, if you can post your account details and I will send something to you to mitigate the loss. I will only send to the account under your signature so other Nairalanders need not bother! (You don't need to send it if you think it's another scam). All the best bro!

12 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 26, 2016
Lock your iphone, if you still have access to the icloud account.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Ligxy(f): 8:31pm On May 26, 2016
Not trying to sound insensitive here , but the whole thing looks planned. I don't trust the op. His story is too scanty.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Freelancer2015(m): 8:31pm On May 26, 2016
dammyjay93:
You guys calling the op names should stop that childish attitude, it could easily be any of you, nobody is perfect...OP my own idea, if the number is regular on whatsapp just find one fine babe wey go help you set up the nigga, she'll get close to him online and shii then she sets up a meet and viola! You go for the kill
You are right on point. Forget about tracing the number. Police won't even take this far, besides scammer uses registered lines that they buy by road sides. If his Whatsapp is working, then try starting up a fake relationship with him. That might help.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by yoged(m): 8:32pm On May 26, 2016
Missonas:

I believe he has a browsing phone .. like me, got Nokia phone for my calls and android phone for browsing . .

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by evy1(m): 8:32pm On May 26, 2016
As someone earlier advised,using a lady profile pix on whatsapp..
But on a second thought,am sure he just got that sim for this scamming transaction and he has disposed of it.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Franky826: 8:34pm On May 26, 2016
ceejay80s:

Yes he can be traced, take his number to the police or efcc, somebody registered that number with photo capture and address and also with an I.D card

Also try using truecaller app to see if his identity showed up.

I just caught a stalker through it, you don't wanna hear the rest. but truecaller na baba grin
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by C2Ok: 8:36pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:

I sold an iPhone to this scammer and he did a bank transfer.. I received d alert thinking the money was in and we parted ways. Little did I know that I have just been scammed and it was a fake credit alert. His phone no has been switched off but his whatsapp no is going... Who can help trace him... BEWARE OF BANK ALERTS

not so shocking to me
evy1:
As someone earlier advised,using a lady profile pix on whatsapp..
But on a second thought,am sure he just got that sim for this scamming transaction and he has disposed of it.
Opetunde1:

not so shocking to me
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Adeyeancah(m): 8:37pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:
His phone line ain't going but his whatsapp is working. .pls help Me out
were you the guy that came to a sportbetting shop yesterday night in jakande estate?
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by diva90: 8:38pm On May 26, 2016
How is it even possible to send fake bank credit alerts ? Wonders shall never end!
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Opetunde1: 8:38pm On May 26, 2016
Whenever he sees a strange number on his whatsapp he blocks it immediately! !I am telling the truth! I got scammed right at the mall! !I tried 5 ATM's before I later allowed mobile transfer! They were all saying out of service!! I need your ideas and advice Pls. .
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by just2endowed: 8:38pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:

Well I saw this coming in the future. I told my bank last few years that I want to see my alert only on my email. Email is the fastest way to get alert and I have been using it to for my sale of powerbanks, memory cards and other accessories. grin
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by donodion(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2016
In all honesty someone should tell me.. Are Nigerians not "Horribly Fantastically Corrupt" ??

angry angry angry Very Terrible set of West Africans !!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by diva90: 8:40pm On May 26, 2016
Opetunde1:
Whenever he sees a strange number on his whatsapp he blocks it immediately! !I am telling the truth! I got scammed right at the mall! !I tried 5 ATM's before I later allowed mobile transfer! They were all saying out of service!! I need your ideas and advice Pls. .

I would have suggested that you use the find my iPhone app to get his location but I'm sure the phone is switched off and you must have restored it back to factory settings prior to selling.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by priscaoge(f): 8:40pm On May 26, 2016
dammyjay93:
You guys calling the op names should stop that childish attitude, it could easily be any of you, nobody is perfect...OP my own idea, if the number is regular on whatsapp just find one fine babe wey go help you set up the nigga, she'll get close to him online and shii then she sets up a meet and viola! You go for the kill

God bless U! Like I don't get it, it beats my imagination. I know how bad this guy is feeling now, I know how I felt when I was robbed. I lost my two phones, laptop and some money. It wasn't funny at all.

Op u can give this a trial, who knows. It might work. I wish I can help cry angry
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Najwal: 8:42pm On May 26, 2016
priscaoge:
How can some people be so insensitive? Someone is in dare need of ur help/advice n all u can do is mock n laugh at him? Who knows it all? If u don't have any helpful info or advice, why don't u move on to another post? All these people acting "Mr Know it all" can be so dumb outside Nairaland. Because he has no idea about this, now he's stupid huh? Smh! Pls receive sense before it's too late. Op I guess u should report to d Police let them help u track d guy through telecommunication! It might cost u a little but at least, get that Bastard behind bars before another person falls victim.

My thoughts exactly, you don't have any reasonable contribution to the problem positively, short the f**k up and stop being irritating. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 26, 2016
If it's iPhone,then track it through find my iPhone app,if the phone was yours in the first place.

Easy to track.
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 26, 2016
Iroroghene:
Fraudsters everywhere. It's so unfortunate you fell for this one. You should have sold it on Jiji.

And how would he avoid that by selling on jiji? Does jiji have the database of every potential buyers?

2 Likes

Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 26, 2016
I feel for the op,God punish dat bastard! angry
Re: I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer by tyhwo: 8:45pm On May 26, 2016
You can take this up, it would just take a while to get your money back. Report to the EFCC or the police

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Glo N100 For 1GB Night Plan Valid For 5 Days: How To Activate / FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number / Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.