Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! (10662 Views)

I Subscribed To Airtel Opera Mini Bundle But I Wasn't Given Data Pls Help / How I Subscribed To Airtel 1.5GB For N50 Night Plan / Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2016
Firstly, if you clicked on this topic with the ''oh! They are at it again'' thought, just relax. Because this time, Airtel has earned a plus point - at least in my humble opinion.

Here is the story...

I used to subscribe for the Airtel plan of 1.5k that has 3.5GB (*435#). It's actually a BB plan but it works well on my windows Tablet.

However, you know that 'Nigerian spirit' of always looking out for the best deal? It took over me... grin wink.

I saw on a forum last week, an Airtel plan that hands out the same 3.5G but with 1k instead of 1.5k and a different code.

So, a couple of days back, I ran out of data. I quickly recharged my line and dialled the code (*431#). Normally, I get free data from Airtel for recharging (this time it was 1G 4 loading 1k).

Things went smoothly and the world was a fine place... cheesy

However, I woke up this morning and couldn't load any page on my different browsers. I quickly dialled the code to check my data, and it was there intact - the 3.5G, that is.

After several futile attempts to connect to the internet, it dawned on me that this plan wasn't going to work on my device.

Chai! See gobe.... For this harsh weather? undecided

i decided to call their call center (just say make I try). I explained to the customer agent, and he told me the plan worked on only BB phones.

He told me however, that the airtime can be reversed to my account and the data taken back.

I gave my consent (shaperly). And I was promised a refund within 12 hrs.

Lo and behold, they fulfilled their promise some 8 hrs later. cheesy

End of story.

I just feel we should give kudos to these guys when they act right, much as we go hard on them when they goof!

Kudos to the Airtel customer care center. Very professional guys and ladies. Unlike the ''grandfathers'' of Telecommunication biz in Nigeria whose call agents mis-yarn terribly, you'd think they were hired to act as clowns.

Thank God for a forum like this. We can now air our views and tell these companies how we feel about their services. They actually read them!

P.S. It's a big deal to me because if it were to be some other networks we all know of, I for sweat blood today.

P.P.S. Airtel try to go slow on your zapping rate sha wink. That's one area where I see you guys messing up. cheesy

Thank you for reading. #GoodEvening

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Oblitz(m): 7:45pm On May 26, 2016
nice one

2 Likes

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by David25(m): 8:11pm On May 26, 2016
Arsenalholic:
Firstly, if you clicked on this topic with the ''oh! They are at it again'' thought, just relax. Because this time, Airtel has earned a plus point - at least in my humble opinion.

Here is the story...

I used to subscribe for the Airtel plan of 1.5k that has 3.5GB (*435#). It's actually a BB plan but it works well on my windows Tablet.

However, you know that 'Nigerian spirit' of always looking out for the best deal? It took over me... grin wink.

I saw on a forum last week, an Airtel plan that hands out the same 3.5G but with 1k instead of 1.5k and a different code.

So, a couple of days back, I ran out of data. I quickly recharged my line and dialled the code (*431#). Normally, I get free data from Airtel for recharging (this time it was 1G 4 loading 1k).

However, I woke up this morning and couldn't load any page on my different browsers. I quickly dialled the code to check my data, and it was there intact - the 3.5G, that is.

After several futile attempts to connect to the internet, it dawned on me that this plan wasn't going to work on my device.

i decided to call their call center (just say make I try). I explained to the customer agent, and he told me the plan worked on only BB phones.

He told me however, that the airtime can be reversed to my account and the data taken back.

End of story.

I just feel we should give kudos to these guys when they act right, much as we go hard on them when they goof!

Kudos to the Airtel customer care center. Very professional guys and ladies. Unlike the ''grandfathers'' of Telecommunication biz in Nigeria whose call agents mis-yarn terribly, you'd think they were hired to act as clowns.

Thank God for a forum like this. We can now air our views and tell these companies how we feel about their services. They actually read them!

P.S. It's a big deal to me because if it were to be some other networks we all know of, I for sweat blood today.

P.P.S. Airtel try to go slow on your zapping rate sha wink. That's one area where I see you guys messing up. cheesy

I'm more interested in how you got the 1GB Bonus. My current subscription is due tomorrow, so how did you recharge to get the 1GB Bonus again? grin
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2016
Lol. I load my airtime with *555* and not *126....

With that you get 5 times the amount you recharge for Airtel 2 Airtel calls. And you get bonus data depending on the amount you are recharging with.

So to get 1G, you need to load 1k.. I think 100 recharge fetches you 50MB... and so on...
David25:

I'm more interested in how you got the 1GB Bonus. My current subscription is due tomorrow, so how did you recharge to get the 1GB Bonus again? grin

1 Like

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by David25(m): 8:41pm On May 26, 2016
Arsenalholic:
Lol. I load my airtime with *555* and not *126....

With that you get 5 times the amount you recharge for Airtel 2 Airtel calls. And you get bonus data depending on the amount you are recharging with.

So to get 1G, you need to load 1k.. I think 100 recharge fetches you 50MB... and so on...

Wow. that's good. Do I have to be on a special tarrif plan to get the bonus data? what tarrif plan are you? and I hope whatever I recharge will be in my main account?
thanks
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by gen2briz(m): 9:16pm On May 26, 2016
This is what etisalat is good at. They will even add extra 10mb for you after the reversal.

But if na MTN. Here is what they will say "Sorry sir/ma ,am unable to access your account right now because the system is yet to update your record. Please give us a call back after 24hrs. After the 24 hrs,what they will tell you that ill forward your request to the neccessary department."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by mattmogan88: 9:27pm On May 26, 2016
ABEG!!!
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by dahvi: 9:33pm On May 26, 2016
gen2briz:
This is what etisalat is good at. They will even add extra 10mb for you after the reverser.

But if na MTN. Here is what they will say "Sorry sir/ma ,am unable to access your account right now because the system is yet to update your record. Please give us a call back after 24hrs. After the 24 hrs,what they will tell you that ill forward your request to the neccessary department."

Its called reversal and its being done by all the mobile service providers..not only airtel

1 Like

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by danjaba(m): 9:43pm On May 26, 2016
Arsenalholic:

Here is the story...

End of story.

For sure, Airtel customer service is the best in all the telecommunication companies in Nigeria. Their swift response to customers issues is awesome. I so much cherish their services Voice Calls and Data. Keep it up
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 9:52pm On May 26, 2016
David25:

Wow. that's good. Do I have to be on a special tarrif plan to get the bonus data? what tarrif plan are you? and I hope whatever I recharge will be in my main account?
thanks
First off, I really dunno if you ought to be on any special tarrif plan to get it working thus.

I just bought the sim and got a message that when I recharge with that code I will get the bonus data and airtime... At dirst I was skeptical. Until I gave it a try and it worked.

Yes, whatever you recharge will be in your main account.
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 9:53pm On May 26, 2016
gen2briz:
This is what etisalat is good at. They will even add extra 10mb for you after the reverser.

MTN have got the worst customer service ever, no questions!

1 Like

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 9:55pm On May 26, 2016
dahvi:

Its called reversal and its being done by all the mobile service providers..not only airtel
That's good to know, if true.
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 9:57pm On May 26, 2016
One thing is sure, their customer service is up there with the best, in Nigeria. They really should keep it up.
danjaba:

For sure, Airtel customer service is the best in all the telecommunication companies in Nigeria. Their swift response to customers issues is awesome. I so much cherish their services Voice Calls and Data. Keep it up
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by gen2briz(m): 10:29pm On May 26, 2016
dahvi:

From exprience,not all service provides does that. Infact MTN did not believe in reversal of wrong data subscription.

2 Likes

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by donhils: 11:42pm On May 26, 2016
dahvi:

Glo can't try it. Similar thing happened to me and they refused to reverse it.

1 Like

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Babalegba(m): 12:38am On May 27, 2016
David25:

thanks
It is for new sims only
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by blessedvisky(m): 1:11am On May 27, 2016
Seun lalasticlala ishilove farano mynd44 rocktation Dominique front page asap.
Airtel needs to be appreciated
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by sajbabs(m): 2:56am On May 27, 2016
God punish MTN!!!
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by WalkerMichael(m): 5:14am On May 27, 2016
hi bro. thé reason thé 3gb failed to browse on your windows phone is because u failed to tweak thé imei to that of a bb10. when u do that, u get connected to thé internet back asap
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by lawrenceunaa: 5:53am On May 27, 2016
the best Cc agents still remains ETISALAT they pick their calls just immediately u fe directed to online rep unlike mtn where u have to keep hear "all our online rep are currently busy " even after staying 30mins on the call
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Nobody: 6:01am On May 27, 2016
Same thing with Etisalat. Unwanted data renewals and plans nt compatible with phones are wiped and refunded as long. As you've not used more than a certain percentage
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by jaydee26: 6:27am On May 27, 2016
donhils:

Glo can't try it. Similar thing happened to me and they refused to reverse it.
Glo can be so annoying dey won't reverse it.....
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by jazinogold(m): 6:36am On May 27, 2016
MTN are the worse...3weeks ago, I subscribed for 1.5gig for 1k only to discover my sim only browse from 9pm to 6am there about. called 3 mtn CV dy said it was a technical problem that their engineers r working on it, in the next 24hrs it will be sorted out. my brothers till now no show o, even called them yesterday, same old story.
I want call NCC to report them dis is bad, wanted to use internet connection to write an exam! MTN messedup...etisalat rescued me!
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Ublaize: 7:47am On May 27, 2016
Arsenalholic did u have to do anything to your phone in order to use the BB plan for your andriod tablet?
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 9:43am On May 27, 2016
I knew those guys will never do that.

I don't want to bad mouth MTN, so I won't share nasty experiences I've had with them
gen2briz:

From experience,not all service provides does that. Infact MTN did no believe in reversal of wrong data subscription.

I really think Airtel should be lauded. Considering how most other service providers would have reacted in a situation like this
blessedvisky:
Seun lalasticlala ishilove farano mynd44 rocktation Dominique front page asap.
Airtel needs to be appreciated

I don't think that'd work for this tablet... The tablet has some annoying issues of it's own.
WalkerMichael:
hi bro. thé reason thé 3gb failed to browse on your windows phone is because u failed to tweak thé imei to that of a bb10. when u do that, u get connected to thé internet back asap
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 9:50am On May 27, 2016
I have heard good things about them too. They should keep it up. We need to be getting the best value for our patronage
lawrenceunaa:
the best Cc agents still remains ETISALAT they pick their calls just immediately u fe directed to online rep unlike mtn where u have to keep hear "all our online rep are currently busy " even after staying 30mins on the call

Sorry about that. Glad you found a solution. Albeit from an alternative source. At least you learnt a lesson.

For me I dare not recharge my MTN line again. I only use it to receive calls. That was a lesson I learnt
jazinogold:
MTN are the worse...3weeks ago, I subscribed for 1.5gig for 1k only to discover my sim only browse from 9pm to 6am there about. called 3 mtn CV dy said it was a technical problem that their engineers r working on it, in the next 24hrs it will be sorted out. my brothers till now no show o, even called them yesterday, same old story.
I want call NCC to report them dis is bad, wanted to use internet connection to write an exam! MTN messedup...etisalat rescued me!

Ublaize:
Arsenalholic did u have to do anything to your phone in order to use the BB plan for your andriod tablet?
No, I didn't do anything. I think the plan is all encompassing.

It even works on PC

2 Likes

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Nobody: 10:09am On May 27, 2016
Airtel,best network fo where??
The last time i mistakenly did a Bb sub instead of an android sub,i complained to the customer care to do reversal until them no gree pick my call again..
My brothers nd sisters that was how i wasted 1k....I give kudos to glo them no dey slag
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by GSKing: 11:06am On May 27, 2016
Etisalat also refunds airtime for unused data plans.

I once recharged my line without cancelling autorenewal cos I changed phones. Now this bb plan I previously used was renewed and I couldn't use it on my new Android; I called the CSR and explained to them, they assured me they'll cancel the plan immediately and I have the option of allowing them sell me an Android plan or getting back my airtime, provided the data remains intact on the line.

I needed to be sure they would keep to their words so I asked for the airtime refund option, I was told they'll get back to me. Before daybreak, I got back my airtime.

So, it's common with our ISPs to refund airtime if you expressly ask them to.
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Elxandre(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2016
Arsenalholic:
I have heard good things about them too. They should keep it up. We need to be getting the best value for our patronage

Sorry about that. Glad you found a solution. Albeit from an alternative source. At least you learnt a lesson.

For me I dare not recharge my MTN line again. I only use it to receive calls. That was a lesson I learnt

No, I didn't do anything. I think the plan is all encompassing.

It even works on PC
that bb plan zaps at twice the rate, so you actually have 1.5gb instead of 3gb.
1.5gb is now 1k on airtel normal plan
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Arsenalholic(m): 4:00pm On May 27, 2016
Elxandre:

that bb plan zaps at twice the rate, so you actually have 1.5gb instead of 3gb.
1.5gb is now 1k on airtel normal plan
I quite agree that the zapping rate is an issue. What's the code for the normal Airtel plan?

I actually bought 5GB from a Nairaland data seller, sometime back. It didn't last up to 2wks!
Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Elxandre(m): 7:01pm On May 27, 2016
Arsenalholic:
I quite agree that the zapping rate is an issue. What's the code for the normal Airtel plan?

I actually bought 5GB from a Nairaland data seller, sometime back. It didn't last up to 2wks!
dial *141# and follow the prompt

doesnt zap!

1 Like

Re: I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! by Idydarling(f): 7:52pm On May 27, 2016
still reading the comments...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Experience: New Airtel Android Subscription / 4 Easy Ways To Have A Faster Internet Connection / ]pics] Evidence Of Glo Unlimited Free Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.