Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy (8681 Views)

How Buhari Resisted Urge To Rig Anambra Election – Lai Mohammed / How Buhari Stopped Osinbajo From Assigning Portfolios To New Ministers / Rejoinder: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by bayelsaowei(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
MizMyColi:

The way his song changed overnight is surprising.
highly surprising..the guy even wails better than many of us..i just like him..as e pain am na so e dey talk and act..he now calls this admin useless government... grin grin

Laugh wan tear my belle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by JuanDeDios: 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
Nezan:
I think what op is trying to say is somewhat true. TSA has freezed liquidity in the banking sector.
Liquidity for who? How many SME's were the banks lending to pre-TSA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by JuanDeDios: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
plaetton:
BLOODLETTING was an ancient, pre-science method of treating common and chronic illnesses by letting out blood from different parts of the body.

Back then, in around the 2nd century BCE, diseases were thought to be caused by imbalances of the humors, of which the blood was the most important.

Also tied this was the widespread belief that evil supernatural spirits were imbedded in the humors, which in turn, was the primary cause of diseases.

As with most pre-science practices, bloodletting caused a lot more VISIBLE harm than the IMAGINARY benefits for which the practice was promoted.

For good example, the side effects of bloodletting were:

1. Accidentally cutting off major ARTERIES , which leads to excessive hemorrhage, cardiac arrest and in most cases, death.
2. Anaemia.
3. Lowered immune response due to depleted white blood cells.
4. Infections.
5. Etc, etc.

Now, fast forward to Nigeria 2016 , when I think of the newly implemented TSA, when I hear all the chest beating, the celebration of this act as one of the cardinal achievements of the Buhari Administration, I am also forced to think about the PRE-science act of bloodletting ,and the EERIE similarities it shares with the TSA implementation in terms of Intentions, Envisaged benefits, and the inevitable Catastrophic side effects.

To be continued..
You people are making a very fundamental error. There was a huge difference between what parastatals were making and what they were remitting. Stopping that was the right thing to do. TSA was the right thing to do. I have been reading people saying tha corruption money was good for the economy. Trying to stop corruption remains the right thing to do. The problem we have is lack of governance. There are no motorable roads in the country today, yet someone is locking up money. It is the consequences of Buhari's wastage of 6 months when the country had no government we are suffering now. What we need is massive spending, not locking up money. The way to do that is not to let the banks retain their corruption money. There is a better. Sorry, I'm typing in a hurry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by MizMyColi(f): 7:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
bayelsaowei:
highly surprising..the guy even wails better than many of us..i just like him..as e pain am na so e dey talk and act..he now calls this admin useless government... grin grin

Laugh wan tear my belle

Shebi na those wey get power to wail.

1 Like

Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
Guys, don't stress yourself over a wailing wailer. The OP must be one of the graduate from the PDP School Of Corruption and what he is simply trying to say is: BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!

In summary:
We cannot build an economy where corruption is the working Capital - PMB

1 Like

Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
deji15:
Guys, don't stress yourself over a wailing wailer. The OP must be one of the graduate from the PDP School Of Corruption and what he is simply trying to say is: BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!

In summary:

If that was all you understood from all my posts in this thread, then obviously,..

You need to go to comprehension school.

This is why you all fail your exams, and why we perpetually have difficulty addressing simple issues of economics and governance.
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
deji15:

In summary:

And you can't decieve Nigerians that you're fighting corruption when NEPOTISM is the working capital of the President.
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
plaetton:

If that was all you understood from all my posts in this thread, then obviously,..

You need to go to comprehension school.

This is why you all fail your exams, and why we perpetually have difficulty addressing simple issues of economics and governance.

I did not fail my exams and it is not for you to tell people who disagree with you that they lack comprehension problem.
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
plaetton:

And you can't decieve Nigerians that you're fighting corruption when NEPOTISM is the working capital of the President.

That is your opinion which many Nigerians do not share.

I am assuming you want to write "deceive" instead of "decieve"...
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
deji15:

That is your opinion which many Nigerians do not share.

I am assuming you want to write "deceive" instead of "decieve"...

Yeah.
Nepotism is just a word, a figment of my imagination, just like Recession,. Right?
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by Feraz(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
The way long forgotten threads are being resurrected eh, people dey vex oh! In how many months time did Keneking become a wailing wailer, wailing much more than the original wailers? grin grin

MizMyColi:

The way his song changed overnight is surprising.
Very surprising. Them plenty. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
deji15:

I did not fail my exams and it is not for you to tell people who disagree with you that they lack comprehension problem.

Lol.
People who have comprehension problems usually fail their exams because they attempt to answer questions before they understand the questions.

Your first response to my thread betrays you as one who either has poor comprehension skills or someone who lets petty sentiments override his reasoning.
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.
People who have comprehension problems usually fail their exams because they attempt to answer questions before they understand the questions.

Your first response to my thread betrays you as one who either has poor comprehension skills or someone who lets petty sentiments override his reasoning.

Una men.. Your issues are many. You have jumped from TSA to Nepotism (I would assume that because your kinsman has not been made a DG is the real reason for your bad belle), to your poor comprehension skills. There appears to be no cure for your affliction.
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
'
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
deji15:

Una men.. Your issues are many. You have jumped from TSA to Nepotism (I would assume that because your kinsman has not been made a DG is the real reason for your bad belle), to your poor comprehension skills. There appears to be no cure for your affliction.

See what I mean?
I made reference to NEPOTISM only after you made reference to the so-called WAR against corruption.
Infact , you insinuated that I was bring back our corruption.

Only disingenuous people would look the other way in the face of blatant NEPOTISM, and then with the same mouth, claim to be fighting CORRUPTION.

You don't seem to get it , do you?

Your sentiments, or should I say, embarrassment at the mediocre stewardship of Buhari is clouding your reasoning.
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by MizMyColi(f): 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
Feraz:
The way long forgotten threads are being resurrected eh, people dey vex oh! In how many months time did Keneking become a wailing wailer, wailing much more than the original wailers? grin grin

Very surprising. Them plenty. . . grin grin grin grin

I think he's just a liberal somebody that likes catching fun on NL.

If not, he wouldn't have retraced so easily.

1 Like

Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
Bump.
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
vedaxcool:

The guy left anti religious fanaticism for tribalism based anti government extremism. Take him serious at your own peril.

And is this supposed to be a rebuttal ?

Attacking the messenger is a symptom of .....?
Pls complete the sentence for me. grin
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
With 7 yr olds being burnt to death for stealing garri, Nigerians seriously need to begin to some sober reflections of their lives over the past 18months.

With the current economic Nuclear winter that Nigerians are currently dying if, it is always always important and necessary to be reminding ourselves how Buhari and his motley crew Nuked the Nigerian economy.
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by prince985(m): 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
[s]
seunajia:

Young man, you're a joke. I'm not gonna waste my time on you.
[/s]
but u just quoted him

1 Like

Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by prince985(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2016
plaetton:
With 7 yr olds being burnt to death for stealing garri, Nigerians seriously need to begin to some sober reflections of their lives over the past 18months.

With the current economic Nuclear winter that Nigerians are currently dying if, it is always always important and necessary to be reminding ourselves how Buhari and his motley crew Nuked the Nigerian economy.

of course d boy was only 7yrz old
before they set him on fire, they asked him how; old he was den he told dem he was 7
den sombody wrote it down
then lit a fire and threw at him
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by basilo102: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
prince985:

of course d boy was only 7yrz old
before they set him on fire, they asked him how; old he was den he told dem he was 7
den sombody wrote it down
then lit a fire and threw at him
people who know him will definitely come around when they heard the news, they will be ones who will make his age known
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by Ahmeduana(m): 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
gwales:
ipad miscreant
TYPICAL MALOO!
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by plaetton: 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2017
Re: The TSA: How Buhari Nuked The Nigerian Economy by MrPresident1: 6:49am On Mar 07, 2020
TSA nuked the Nigerian economy by withdrawing money from circulation

Like withdrawing blood from circulating in a body

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm / Fashola At Oxford University Lecture. Pics / Senate Defers Passage Of 2016 Budget To Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.