Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

The Big Boss (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Big Boss (A Short Story) (660 Views)

Ijapa And Obo- The Big Setup (an African Folktale) / Poem/ The big boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Big Boss (A Short Story) by dreydee(m): 9:08am On May 28, 2016
This Is A Work Of Fiction culled from True Life Events, Any Semblance To people, places or events, living or dead, Is A Miracle!!!

Who is the Big Boss?
The big boss has a big car, lives in a big house and was as guys would say, "He dey run things"
The big boss was the man, behind the man, behind the man, behind the manager.

I work as a barber in a five star salon on the City Island, yes, it was owned by the big boss, but even we his workers never knew him.
He owned many businesses all over the island.
And was the owner of the biggest forum in the country, "CityLand.com"
Those who have seen him say, he wears a fedora hat with a bandana around his face , he was never seen.
Which led to some myths about him, some said he was ugly, others said he was a ritualist.

The salon I worked had 10male staff, unique but none was as intriguing as Seun.
He was the first to arrive and the last to leave, he never talked except when he chipped in a few funny words.
People said, he was a nephew to the big boss, but he got on the wrong side of the boss, that's why he worked with us.
No one knew where he lived until I traced him home one day to the slums of Ayenile.

But then something happened...
The whole town was agog with fascination.
The big boss was getting married, but what made it more fascinating was that it was to my sister.
How did she meet him? The big boss was young but where did they meet.
Preparations went in earnest, the wedding day came and even their wedding 'anco' was designed to hide his face.

As the only surviving male member of our family, I took my sister in to advise and pray for her.
"Are you sure you want to marry him?" I asked when we were away from ear shot.

"Yes, egbon mi, I love him"

"But no one knows him!"

My sister looked for around for a while and brought out her phone.

"This is between you and I"

I collected the phone and looked at a young man dressed in opulence, for once I saw the big boss without a mask.
Surprised that he was handsome, but even more surprised that I knew him, he was no other person than; Seun!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

.......... / Fortune City Series Start In April.. Anticipate. / The Future Is Bright!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.