Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Please Nairalanders, How Can I Develop My Writing Skills. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Nairalanders, How Can I Develop My Writing Skills. (1091 Views)

Why You Should Have Good Writing Skills / Learn Professional Writing Skills On Youtube / Pls Which Course Do You Think Is Best For Me To Develop My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nairalanders, How Can I Develop My Writing Skills. by ilovecritics(m): 9:11am On May 28, 2016
Good morning Nigeria,

Well, I've been a member of Nairaland for over 5yrs now. I witnessed the evolution of the layout and all but unfortunately I forgot the login of my first account.. But we're still here grin

Straight to the point;

I'm self employed. I graduated in 2011. Currently experiencing the hardship in the Country but that would be a discussion for another day.

Well, lately I discovered I have this great passion for writing and most times if I set out to write a little story or an article, it turns out great, well written and I never wanna stop.

It started in Secondary School then, my best subject was English Language. It was so easy for me unlike the almighty 5 star general Mathematics. I made my English when I wrote GCE before SSCE. I also made distinction when I wrote it during SSCE too so I think it's been a good friend of mine smiley ..

After many Years of graduation and a brief work experience at Nigerian Ports, I totally forgot about writing, the only time I write is when I gotta do a bank transcript or receipt for some thing I bought or something like that!

Right now I want to give it a shot but I don't know which area I should concentrate on and excel. I just want to write and make sense. I can write stories and fictions.

I just want to know if I can get any ideas on how to develop and when best to write because I'm a very busy person. I want my fellow Nairalanders to help me on this ..

What do you think peeps

Ignore errors grin
Re: Please Nairalanders, How Can I Develop My Writing Skills. by ilovecritics(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2016
UNIGIST:
Hi ilovecritics,

A similar question has been answered on our website.

Kindly visit: http://www.unigist.com.ng/2016/05/nairaland-forum-q-what-can-i-do-with-ma.html?m=1

Also, you can practice your writing using free online courses that can be accessed here: http://www.unigist.com.ng/2016/05/free-online-courses-online-degree.html

I hope this helps.

If you have a question about career related issues you'd like to share with unigist, kindly send it to this email address: unigistafrica@gmail.com or visit www.unigist.com.ng for a free live chat.

Kind regards,
UNIGIST.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Can I Develop My Writing Skills. by Abee79(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2016
The best way to develop your writing skills is to READ a lot!
I have found this to be helpful. Good luck and see you at the top!

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Can I Develop My Writing Skills. by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 28, 2016
Abee79:
The best way to develop your writing skills is to READ a lot!
I have found this to be helpful. Good luck and see you at the top!
Hence the reason some people notice improvements in their writeups from visiting nairaland daily.

One can use nairaland to practice and hone skills learned from consuming literary works ubiquitous on the Internet. Always have google on hand to check up words to see if they fit contexts used.

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Can I Develop My Writing Skills. by Abee79(m): 9:47am On Jun 03, 2016
charix:

Hence the reason some people notice improvements in their writeups from visiting nairaland daily.

One can use nairaland to practice and hone skills learned from consuming literary works ubiquitous on the Internet. Always have google on hand to check up words to see if they fit contexts used.
Gbam! Thanks

(1) (Reply)

See The Hilarious Tweet By Vanguard Newspapers That Has Got People Talking (Pic) / Eaztech Soil Test Service in Edo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun, Lagos & Abuja / The Difference Between Raw Talent And Pure Talent! (Monday Digest)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.