Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Niger Delta: Constructive Ideas On Developmental Projects For The Region - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Niger Delta: Constructive Ideas On Developmental Projects For The Region (770 Views)

Destructive/Constructive Criticism Or Outright Hating? / Pic Of Nairaland Celeb In Niger Delta Swamp.(oildorado) / Seun Osewa Does Not Like Any Constructive Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta: Constructive Ideas On Developmental Projects For The Region by nairaner(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2009
We all know the predicament of the Niger delta region which has carried on over the years as a result of basically neglect, mismanagment and financial recklessness by not necessarily people at the helm of affairs but the politicians/non-politicians around them who furnish these people with developmental project ideas to carter for their selfish interests. Heaps of condemnation and blames on the Niger delta leaders/stake holders (some of whom lack ideas and most of whom mean well for the region but mis-informed by selfish individuals) abound all over the internet.

The task of improving the social and environmental conditions in the Niger Delta is is enormous. We as Nigerians cannot leave it to just the people at the helm of affairs (particularly the M.D of the Niger Delta Development commission -NDDC, NigerDelta Minister with billions of naira at their disposal to develop the region) who need be furnished with genuine neutral-based developmental ideas rather than those implemented by politicians soley for personal gains or interest.

We as a people, as professionals on neutral grounds with no selfish interests are in a better position to profer such ideas with a potentially greater positive impact on the Niger Delta region and its inhabitants. Let us use this medium as a constructive tool to communicate innovative Niger Delta development projects for implementation geared towards improving community needs, social and physical infrastructure development, economic development, technology development, environmental remdiation & stability for this Niger Delta Region.

It is my view that concerned citizens(politicians/non politicians) will come accross our suggested ideas who will pass them to the authourities who will inturn study/screen them and with the Grace of God implement them for the benefit of the Niger Delta and its inhabitants.

This is not the time for finger pointing or passing blames as we already have that all over the internet but no such constructive one as this thread is intended to be. I urge you all to remain positive in your proposed developmental project ideas and hope positively.

"Ideas rule the world", Long live Nigeria.
Re: Niger Delta: Constructive Ideas On Developmental Projects For The Region by larez(m): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2009
Here's your first free piece of advice. Do not build concrete jungles like in Lagos. Build communities of Townhomes with a lot of common use green spaces trapped by the arrangement of the Townhouses. This will help bring your community closer.

Do not use the concept of plots for single homes, but look at subdivisions with lots instead. Lots should be sized at least 1/4-1/3 an acre with a mac of 70% impervious leaving the rest as green space.

Planning/Developing cities take a lot of foresight and I will suggest that you seek reputable international experience to steer you. Here are some pictures to give you ideas

Re: Niger Delta: Constructive Ideas On Developmental Projects For The Region by larez(m): 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
The atmosphere that should be created.

Re: Niger Delta: Constructive Ideas On Developmental Projects For The Region by larez(m): 5:55am On Aug 26, 2009
Here is a design prototype that I have done for Naija. You can contact me through my profile if you would like to see it built in the ND. BTW, I can create communitites like in the first satellite image in the ND.

(1) (Reply)

Polishing The Right Way. / My Menstrual Cycle Becomes Irregular: I Nid A Gynaecologist: Pls: Asap / Ibb: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.