Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong (13814 Views)

Top List Of African Countries Jobs - Is Yours Part Of The List? / Trending: Unemployed Youths Flooding The Streets Of Naija With Placards(photos) / Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by goodvision12(m): 7:15am On May 29, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Op who sold that weed to you and the weed has stop you from knowing that it's better for an employer to give me a job out of pity than to me to remain unemployed roaring around the streets.

Unemployment in Nigeria is beyond control so men must take some drastic measures to get a job.
The guy is high on oshogbo weed

2 Likes

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Larryfest(m): 7:15am On May 29, 2016
They make it public on media so people can see that they are benevolent or that they care about their citizens which is a lie..giving one placard carrying person a job out of millions of unemployed and publicizing it is a show of shame.
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by cole265(m): 7:21am On May 29, 2016
BiggyB242:
If you can't do it, doesn't mean others shouldn't -stop judging. Everyone got to do what he/she has to do to achieve what he wants provided is legal.#shikenah

Thank you ojare. It's a matter of creativity and gut. It reminds me of how a friend got a lecturing job at a college of education. He merely wrote to the provost of the college he read about in a news paper of the challenges the provost was facing with the lecturers and staff of the college. He praised him in the letter and related his personal challenge about getting a job and if how he would love to work for him at the college . Bravo! That was how he got his job.

1 Like

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Safemode(m): 7:22am On May 29, 2016
izken:
There are few cases of job seekers carrying placards lately at strategic spots and this has hit the media. A lady has even met with the vice president for doing this. Is this right? A few points would argue it.

1. Carrying placards in search for jobs undermines the progress made in job application process which has gone online and is quite efficient.

2. Jobs given could be regarded as out of pity and unprofessional as it might have been created to help the placarder otherwise it would be advertised.

3.Giving placarders jobs discredits the effort of hundreds of thousand of Nigerian graduates who have looked beyond the employment situation to be self employed and entrepreneurs.

4. Even if jobs given were advertised, there would be so many applicants who have taken out time to write application letters and applied through prescribed means. Why give it to someone who did not even search?

5. Considering the present employment situation in the country, young unemployed graduates could go on the streets with placards in search of jobs. They soon will form a body and cause unrest if left to go on unchecked.

What is the way out?

-The government of the day should regret the situation the labour market is in today.

-The government of the day should declare a state of emergency on employment and create jobs for graduates.

-When jobs are given through this means of carrying placards, it should be kept off the media so as not to encourage others to do the same.
well sai
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Oblak(m): 7:23am On May 29, 2016
I am looking for an artist to design my own placard for me sef. It must be eye catchy so that I won't spend more than 10 minutes on the road cheesy and before you know it, job don land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by zizi04(m): 7:24am On May 29, 2016
izken:
There are few cases of job seekers carrying placards lately at strategic spots and this has hit the media. A lady has even met with the vice president for doing this. Is this right? A few points would argue it.

1. Carrying placards in search for jobs undermines the progress made in job application process which has gone online and is quite efficient.

2. Jobs given could be regarded as out of pity and unprofessional as it might have been created to help the placarder otherwise it would be advertised.

3.Giving placarders jobs discredits the effort of hundreds of thousand of Nigerian graduates who have looked beyond the employment situation to be self employed and entrepreneurs.

4. Even if jobs given were advertised, there would be so many applicants who have taken out time to write application letters and applied through prescribed means. Why give it to someone who did not even search?

5. Considering the present employment situation in the country, young unemployed graduates could go on the streets with placards in search of jobs. They soon will form a body and cause unrest if left to go on unchecked.

What is the way out?

-The government of the day should regret the situation the labour market is in today.

-The government of the day should declare a state of emergency on employment and create jobs for graduates.

-When jobs are given through this means of carrying placards, it should be kept off the media so as not to encourage others to do the same.
...all what you av said aint bad, but sometimes in life u have to be smarter and play some tricks to be successful. so i dont see anything bad in that.

1 Like

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by smogup: 7:37am On May 29, 2016
If you carry placard and lucky you get a job from it can you tell the person that she was wrong to to that. Shes been pragmatic. See what buhari has turn Nigerian youth to. Buhari is just a scammer
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by LockDown69(m): 7:46am On May 29, 2016

The last time I checked, carrying plackards have worked for people.
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by nkemjacob2(m): 7:52am On May 29, 2016
thank God dis writer is not new to our country. All i have to say is, dis is d period in nigeria where everytin goes. Do anytin to make sure u survive.... Our economy is in shambles. I wont blame her... "if joblessness hold u, my brother u fit do anytin"

1 Like

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by naijaboiy: 7:53am On May 29, 2016
gringringrin
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by cutiesoglam(f): 8:09am On May 29, 2016
Scatterscatter:
@OP, be like say u never dey jobless before abi, nonsense. "the situation of Nigeria suffereth violence, and the violent taketh it by force"
Na only placard u don see ba, billboard and handbill of CV'S go soon join
I concur

2 Likes

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by advanceDNA: 8:19am On May 29, 2016
everythin Government.....una wan kill government .....see hin mouth .."make government provide job for all the graduate" Na government send all of una go school. abi no be person be bill gate & steve jobs.........person find work ontop internet,e no see, e carry cv go employer gate, dem let am enter......guy man restrategize carry placard..God come pick him call...u con dey talk nonsense...

what is this OP saying Sef??

3 Likes

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by seunakin231(m): 8:21am On May 29, 2016
Dey dia dey read book of lamentation, everybody is grabbing their copy either by hook or crook......

2 Likes

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by nedu2000(m): 8:29am On May 29, 2016
But placard dey epp

1 Like

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Nobody: 9:00am On May 29, 2016
All is fair in warfare!
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Nobody: 9:05am On May 29, 2016
I'm in full support! It's hi time we keep this redundant/COMPLACENT govt. On it's toes!
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by lonelydora: 9:11am On May 29, 2016
Op, anything that gives you a job in the present day Nigeria is fully supported by me. Country too hard bro.

1 Like

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by JustHere2Observ(f): 9:19am On May 29, 2016
May life not push you to do the extreme just to salvage yourself. Instead of condemning, thank your creator you got your job without stress.

2 Likes

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by francis247(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2016
Why saying "carrying placards in search of jobs is wrong.
1. You are not in the persons shoes. Him who wears the shoes knows where it pinches the most.
2. You are not God who gave the person the idea, boldness and momentum to carry placards.
3. You might get the direct attention of those you voted for who promised to promised to provide 3 million jobs per year. E.g, The lady who got the attention of the V.P
4. Carrying placards in search of a job shows you're in a dire need to earn a living but you're not willing to get involved in an unlawful act or acts, constituting a nuance to your self and the society; but rather you're willing to humble your self in other to earn a living.
OP, I get your point. But begging is better than stealing. Money is not what is being begged for here btw but the platform to use ones knowledge to earn a living. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

3 Likes

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by TheEvilPriest(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2016
Unemployment in Nigeria suffereth violence, and only through violence shall it be gotten.
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by nwaimoroseyaho: 10:59am On May 29, 2016
matrix199:
Now why would a full baked graduate carry a placard, standing at a roadside like women of easy virtue do, in search of job? It doesn't tell good of them. It only shows frustration, desperation, and depicts zero entrepreneurial tendency.

Now why would sensible employers pay attention to such a low wit idea? Why not invite every qualified job seeker to an assessment and employ the ones with true ingenuity, rather than pay attention to some placard carrying un-innovative job seekers?!

With all due respect, I think Tony Elumelue, and VP Osinbanjo, are not helping matters by paying attention to these placard carriers. There are over a hundred thousand job seekers out there who are likely more qualified than these placard carriers. Attention should be paid to all, and not to one, or two.

....Create jobs for all, not job for one!
keep speaking English may be you are employed.

2 Likes

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by nonjebose(m): 12:08pm On May 29, 2016
matrix199:
Now why would a full baked graduate carry a placard, standing at a roadside like women of easy virtue do, in search of job? It doesn't tell good of them. It only shows frustration, desperation, and depicts zero entrepreneurial tendency.

Now why would sensible employers pay attention to such a low wit idea? Why not invite every qualified job seeker to an assessment and employ the ones with true ingenuity, rather than pay attention to some placard carrying un-innovative job seekers?!

With all due respect, I think Tony Elumelue, and VP Osinbanjo, are not helping matters by paying attention to these placard carriers. There are over a hundred thousand job seekers out there who are likely more qualified than these placard carriers. Attention should be paid to all, and not to one, or two.

....Create jobs for all, not job for one!
They should brace up for many placard carriers, signpost carriers, billboard advertisment and others.
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by lmbnicegirl(f): 3:09pm On May 29, 2016
I am the next person now to carry my placard, I graduated from A.B.U Zaria, studied Geography Education.
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Originalsly: 4:20pm On May 29, 2016
At Op... are you suggesting that the placard bearing job seeker is not a graduate?... or do you assume a graduate cannot stoop so low? What is wrong or unfair or illegal for a job seeker to self advertise for a job?.... do you also have a problem with walk ins?... people who just walk into an office and seek employment?... or those who phone in? A placard bearing applicant is already showing certain qualities that are very important to employers.... boldness, creativity, can think outside the box, confidence, problem solver...knows how to get around obstacles or ahead of the pack. The one sitting at home churning out applications is a member of the pack. What the media is advertising is someone using their initiative to get ahead. If you really have a problem with people being employed...then let's discuss those with nothing but connections... those who make it by offering their bodies... by bribery etc... illegal ways of being employed. Keep on waiting for the FG to have a soft heart and be sorry for the poor unemployed graduates.... in the mean time... let me get back to my fast growing placard writing business.
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by hotspec(m): 4:23pm On May 29, 2016
@OP. Just sit down there dey write nonsense blog while ur mates dey carry placard dey meet Osinbajo. Dt is part of zeal, creativity, stand out and never lose hope spirit that employers are looking for. They advertised themselves to stardom.
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 29, 2016
Then every graduate searching should rather take to the streets with placards as well angry since most peeps see nothing wrong in it

Let everyone carry a placard and let's see the melee that ensues...

Such crass and mediocrity should not be encouraged!!! Take that to the bank... sad
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by mikolo80: 5:35pm On May 29, 2016
izken:

only scammers [health alliance dem ]put job online now.
real companies are few and far between

no serious company will hire or of pity

everyone cannot be self employed or at least destined to

[/b]4. Even if jobs given were advertised, there would be so many applicants who have taken out time to write application letters and applied through prescribed means. Why give it to someone who did not even search?
[b]
you think writing placard is easy? all na application letter not to mention the humbility required to stand in the middle of the road beating it for all to see.shows determination. real go getting that others- clearly lacked

says who. I think somebody is bad belleing. you don't want competition from ppl who are more humble than you. I understand. it's better that storm the streets with their placards so that leaders will realise that there is fire on the montane

What is the way out?

who is this govt. it's it not you and me. Abi no be we vote them. and who will make this,''govt''do anything. these ones only interested in car and furniture allowance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Arian54: 6:00am On May 30, 2016
In my opinion it is a not too fancy way to advertise services one offers. Rather than look at this act as a sign frustration, we should see the business opportunity in it. For instance a website developer could design and build one where unemployed people could advertise their services and potential benefits to would be employer when employed. I believe it will be particularly beneficial SMEs who cannot conduct mass recruitment for 2-3 staff.
The developers could get income from access fee ( like monthly subscription) charged at a subsidized rate for both employers and job seekers.
The opinion of an unemployed.
Re: Why 'Carrying Placards In Search Of Jobs' Is Wrong by Nobody: 9:18am On May 30, 2016
izken:

What is the way out?

I disagree with yur write up!!

This is a crazy world and for you to survive in it, yu'v got to be crazy. And besides....

Havn't you heard of "Extraordinary People"?! They are people who add "extra" to the ordinary things people do and make a head through.

Graduates carrying placards ordinarily shld be a stupid idea but once yu can ignore the "stupid idea" and forget about what people will say about you. You become an EXTRAORDINARY PERSON.

Don't think outside the box, think like there is no box!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Management Trainee At Tropical General Investments (TGI) / Mainone Cable Company Graduate Sales Trainee Programme / WEMA Bank Is Currently Accepting Applications!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.