Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,408 members, 7,861,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? (659 Views)

FG Blames Police, Army, Customs For High Cost Of Food.. / INEC, Police, Army Culpable In Rivers Elections Violence — Report / Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by virus05(m): 11:38pm On May 28, 2016
Whats wrong with nigeria armed forces sef. Whats their problem. Why do they derive joy in killing people.

Why cant they just recruit reasonable people not all those hausas and fulanis.

The other day i was coming to portharcourt from enugu. We were stopped by a soldier(fulani) @ a checkpoint in aba the man told us to park we were thinking he wanted to tell us beta thing or ask the driver to open his boot but instead he was telling the driver to remove his battery that he wants to test it in another bus(a stranded driver's bus) to know whether the problem is from the battery. But our driver insisted and told him that its a commercial bus he cant remove the battery. B4 we knew it the soldier started talking trash that if our driver dosent do it that he'll force him("imagine what a soldier is saying"wink forcing somebody to do what he dosent want to do? Ha! I was so shocked o. But thank God he later allowed us to go. Another one that happened again was @ my house in uniport. Me and my brothers were just jejely playing my ps3 more than 10 sars men just batched into our house and started searching. They collected our laptops,phones. And handcuffed us and even sat us down like crininals and snapped us. I wan like "am i dreaming, wetin i do?" they told us that we should follow them to the station. My problem was not even going to the station na transport to come back be my problem. But thank God say them later free us if not they for use convoy bring me back from their station. Why i'm writing this is because i think Nigeria armed forces personnels are not well trained. They just carry gun around threatening people. We need trained personnels . No be people wey go just do pressup then collect gun. Wetin sef.

Now i dey hear say ogoni traditional ruler don die for their hand.

2 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by fistonati(m): 11:43pm On May 28, 2016
They lack morals, self esteem, integrity and Values.

They became a cheap tool in the hand of the politicians and thugs in mufty
Re: Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by nzeobi(m): 11:48pm On May 28, 2016
That of our soldiers is caused by long period of military rule thereby giving them power to misbehave.

Then that of the police boils down to training and individual mindset. imagine a police woman begging us for #50 saying people around know that she doesn't check papers. Another incident where a policeman stopped us and insisted we are yahoo boys and should teach him

But extortion and exploitation by police can be reduced if we adopted state police cause their is no way a security officer can just go and start extorting money from his kingsmen.
And it will even stop reckless arrest by policemen since they will know their area well and know the criminals.
Re: Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by thelinguist: 12:01am On May 29, 2016
How do you know he is fulani?....just becaue he is a northerner does not make in hausa or fulani......if you know the tribes up north,you will shiver...you people just pile them together..is that fair?....juts like someone saying an edo boy is igbo..how come!!...this. Country sef...na ll of us go hear am

2 Likes

Re: Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by DrLee(m): 12:12am On May 29, 2016
their problem is stupidity and greed. shikena.
Re: Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by QuotaSystem: 1:20am On May 29, 2016
The OP should focus on improving his grammar and stay away from crime. If you and your brothers were not suspects, SARS men wouldn't have stormed your house. Why didn't they storm your neighbor's house?

All I see are the poorly structured rants of a pained bigot who doesn't know what he wants to say; first insulting the Hausa Fulani and blaming the ineptitude of the armed forces on their ethnicity, before doing a complete about turn to blame it on lack of proper training.

Mynd44 you should discipline this kid for flagrantly flouting rule 2. The virus needs to be neutralized.

virus05:

Why cant they just recruit reasonable people not all those hausas and fulanis.
Re: Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by otokx(m): 3:56am On May 29, 2016
SARS mainly pick up guys in Aluu, Choba and other areas outside the main Uniport campus. Some of this estates actually do harbour people of doubtful character. Most of these people claim to be students and yet are not. The students too do not ask questions of who their neighbors are and what they do for a living.

Last we checked though, UNIPORT has been closed down for over 6 weeks so if SARS carry any student, its a case of on your own.

Sorry you were handcuffed and snapped.
Re: Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by virus05(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2016
otokx:
SARS mainly pick up guys in Aluu, Choba and other areas outside the main Uniport campus. Some of this estates actually do harbour people of doubtful character. Most of these people claim to be students and yet are not. The students too do not ask questions of who their neighbors are and what they do for a living.

Last we checked though, UNIPORT has been closed down for over 6 weeks so if SARS carry any student, its a case of on your own.

Sorry you were handcuffed and snapped.
it happened 2 months ago.
Re: Whats Wrong With Nigeria Police, Army And Other Armed Forces? by virus05(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2016
QuotaSystem:
The OP should focus on improving his grammar and stay away from crime. If you and your brothers were not suspects, SARS men wouldn't have stormed your house. Why didn't they storm your neighbor's house?

All I see are the poorly structured rants of a pained bigot who doesn't know what he wants to say; first insulting the Hausa Fulani and blaming the ineptitude of the armed forces on their ethnicity, before doing a complete about turn to blame it on lack of proper training.

Mynd44 you should discipline this kid for flagrantly flouting rule 2. The virus needs to be neutralized.

i dont have your time .

(1) (Reply)

INEC To Conclude Elections In Rivers, Imo, Kogi, Kano Before July 31 / . / Igbos and the Abusive Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.