Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving (18479 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / Lagos Woman Drives Off With LASTMA Official Hanging On Her Car Bonnet (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by Nobody: 7:42am On May 29, 2016
edlion57:
Simple question. ...you stop and close it grin
Not as easy as you think.
Many here are just bluffing and using the normal nigerian cliché, Do what is right and avoid an ugly incident. Such accidents have taken lives
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by feldido(m): 7:48am On May 29, 2016
Wow thats what i encouraged my dad to do when we were traveling some years ago when the East-West road was an eye sore, luckily we were driving on less than 100km/h cos of the pot holes.
Was so surprised nothing happened to the windshield even with the bang.
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by san316(m): 8:21am On May 29, 2016
Oh boooy. Thank God for this thread. Never knew how dangerous driving with a partly opened bonnet is. I have been very careless with it on several occasions that I get alerted by fellow road users.

Thank God I know better now. Will always ensure that I lock the bonnet well before moving the car.

Thank you op.
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by nedu2000(m): 8:27am On May 29, 2016
carmag:

..this is a through confession your car is not road worthy

....don't worry I'll look out for u and get that

rickety car impounded,

by the way what is your vehicle registration number?

that was an old car then,mercedes 190,the bonnet simply wasn't closed well
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by hemartins(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2016
thesicilian:

God can save but its not only Him. They just told you what to do to save yourself. If that fails then you can call on God.

Even if you know what to do, still only God can save you.
Not by your powers.
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by Nobody: 8:31am On May 29, 2016
Chai. Happened to me yesterday on the bridge linking stadium down to costain. And a Fuel Tanker was just behind me. Only the mercy of God saved the day! Windscreen shattered.
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by Barselonia(m): 8:42am On May 29, 2016
it happened to me once... when it happened I know d car distance to me...as d Bonner fly up... I. just immediately on my caution light then apply brake immediately.... people said if not I apply d bbreak, that thing might damage d windscreen
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by lonelydora: 9:14am On May 29, 2016
Put your hope in God when such happens. The shock alone will make you do silly thing.
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by cynhamscakes(f): 9:23am On May 29, 2016
Nice tips op. Thanks for sharing.
Its important to press the Hazard light too.
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by bustamode: 9:32am On May 29, 2016
This Is a serious issue and it happened to me on third mainland brigde at night, I was doing like a 100km when the bonnet flew open,with a deafning loud bang,I instinctively applied my brakes and steered right to park at the curb,but to be sincere i was scared but had to think fast,its not about the car,I then recalled I didn't firmly shut the bonnet after a brief stop,it can happen to any one, but funny enough my windshield didn't break,but the bonnet was messed up,and I still drove home like a bad guy...
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by fabulous01(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2016
had same experience 2014. bad thg to happn....

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by ini4brandon(m): 11:16am On May 29, 2016
mine happened few mins after an earlier collision that damaged the bonnet locks..on my way to the panel beater, it suddenly flew open and smashed the windscreen....
my tip... I instinctively stooped low and peeped through the tiny horizontal free space left by the open bonnet on the windscreen
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by Hamxas: 11:23am On May 29, 2016
na to jst come down go close am wetin cause dis speech
Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by lastpage: 11:24am On May 29, 2016
AutosBay:
The danger

Action!

Check your mirrors (all of your mirrors).
Hold the steering wheel firmly to counter wind resistance.
Brake firmly if it is safe to do so.
If you are on a motorway move over to the hard shoulder before braking. Try to look out of the driver's window. Ask your front passenger (in a gentle scream) to look out on their side.

http://smartdriving.co.uk/Driving/Driving_emergencies/bonnet.htm

I am counting how long it will take for a Driver in such situation, to do all these your actions! grin grin grin

I bet your instant and first reaction is to shout Jeeessuuuu Oooo! (Jeeesus!)

Thats all you need to do! ...... and it does not take more than ONE SECOND!

I tell you from personal experience, "The name of Jesus Saves".

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving by professore(m): 5:35pm On May 29, 2016
This is helpful

(1) (2) (Reply)

RESOLVED - Transmission Issues: Honda CRV 2002 model / ......20w50 Oil Does More Harm To Your Engine if it is not needed ... / Will You Buy This Old Talbot BI 105 Airline Saloon Car For 14.3 Million Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.