Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,154 members, 7,852,934 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

Calling Danbazzau To Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calling Danbazzau To Order (536 Views)

Buhari Receives Security Briefing From Chief Of Defence Staff, NSA And Danbazzau / USA Security Agents Meet With Danbazzau (video) / Video : Northern Youths Attempt To Beat Up Danbazzau Call Him Barawo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling Danbazzau To Order by faaz24: 7:36am On May 29, 2016
DADDY BAKARE: Moral compass...

The new Comptroller-General of Prisons is a story most nationalistic Nigerians will not like to hear. It seems to me that Buhari’s government lacks the ability to judge what is right and wrong and act accordingly. I was an ardent supporter of this government especially when it comes to appointing the right people without consideration for region and religion. If we can all recollect, the government was accused of favoring the northerners at the inception of the government. I still believe in the principle of merit over sentiment but what happened in the recent Prisons Comptroller-General's appointment needs thorough explanation by the presidency.

It was reported by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the official hand-over ceremony by the out-going CG to Emmanuel Ogundele, as the Acting Controller-General of Prisons. Apart from that I have it in a good authority that retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau and the Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Interior, Abubakar Magaji orally confirmed Ogundele as the new Comptroller General. The social media was full of congratulatory messages and I was surprised when a new name emerged, Ahmed Ja’afaru.

I was told that by a source that “Ogundele was invited yesterday’s evening and the minister told him that Ja’afaru took first in the exams given to them and based on that, they are giving the position to Ja’afaru. The worst part of it, Ogundele who went to collect his appointment letter was handed Ja’afaru’s appointment letter for onward transmission to him. And normally there was no exams given to them”. This is how another insider put it succinctly “ Ogundele was invited this morning, 24/05/16 together with the Comptroller General of Immigration to come and collect his confirmation letter only to be given a letter bearing the name of his junior colleague though of the same rank, Mohammed Jafaru. It was a most painful experience.”

I can understand that APC is a party of all promises cancelled and this government is unprepared and unorganized but it shouldn’t have gotten to this level of politics of regional agenda. Even some of us will not like to look at this from regional politics perspective; I have no meaningful explanation than the change of mind by Dambazau was based on north vs south politics. All the Comptroller generals under the Ministry of Interior are all from Northern extraction. Comptroller General of Customs, Comptroller General of Immigration, Director-General Civil Defense and now Comptroller-General of Prisons. Is this what we all fought for? We accused JONATHAN of brazen Ethnic Agenda but now Buhari is playing the same ethnic card.

Ladi Ogundele i was told has impeccable record in service, never been issued a query. Highly educated and Alumni of the Nigerian Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies. If that is the case, this government has lost its moral compass completely. You cannot change the rule of a game in the middle of it. Presidency as a matter of urgency needs to explain the reason behind this mess and make correction as soon as practicable. Those that accused Buhari of northern agenda might be right … we want competent hands to run the affair of the country but it seems Buhari/presidency prefers the northerns than southerns.
[29/05 05:38] DADDY BAKARE: I am one of the die hard supporters of PMB but any in justice I will not support. What happened in the prison service was in Justice. If there is anything the public do not know, please Government should come out to explain because it's obvious that the appointment in the para military is lopsided to favour North. Please PMB don't allow your critics to be vindicated.
Re: Calling Danbazzau To Order by eyeview: 7:53am On May 29, 2016
Jonathan never played the ethnic card.
The north was jittery about him because for the first time a president distributed the offices and posts equitably. Other regions got a sizeable allotment of what was in the past going to the north.
Re: Calling Danbazzau To Order by DesChyko: 8:03am On May 29, 2016
Cry babies. He didn't get there via Merlin's aid. We all know the geopolitical zones that powered his Presidency bid. So, go and sort your internal hassles with your Northern allies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calling Danbazzau To Order by Nobody: 8:15am On May 29, 2016
The idiot who wrote that post will never border if this injustice was targeted at another tribe
Re: Calling Danbazzau To Order by thelinguist: 8:23am On May 29, 2016
faaz24:
DADDY BAKARE: Moral compass...

The new Comptroller-General of Prisons is a story most nationalistic Nigerians will not like to hear. It seems to me that Buhari’s government lacks the ability to judge what is right and wrong and act accordingly. I was an ardent supporter of this government especially when it comes to appointing the right people without consideration for region and religion. If we can all recollect, the government was accused of favoring the northerners at the inception of the government. I still believe in the principle of merit over sentiment but what happened in the recent Prisons Comptroller-General's appointment needs thorough explanation by the presidency.

It was reported by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the official hand-over ceremony by the out-going CG to Emmanuel Ogundele, as the Acting Controller-General of Prisons. Apart from that I have it in a good authority that retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau and the Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Interior, Abubakar Magaji orally confirmed Ogundele as the new Comptroller General. The social media was full of congratulatory messages and I was surprised when a new name emerged, Ahmed Ja’afaru.

I was told that by a source that “Ogundele was invited yesterday’s evening and the minister told him that Ja’afaru took first in the exams given to them and based on that, they are giving the position to Ja’afaru. The worst part of it, Ogundele who went to collect his appointment letter was handed Ja’afaru’s appointment letter for onward transmission to him. And normally there was no exams given to them”. This is how another insider put it succinctly “ Ogundele was invited this morning, 24/05/16 together with the Comptroller General of Immigration to come and collect his confirmation letter only to be given a letter bearing the name of his junior colleague though of the same rank, Mohammed Jafaru. It was a most painful experience.”

I can understand that APC is a party of all promises cancelled and this government is unprepared and unorganized but it shouldn’t have gotten to this level of politics of regional agenda. Even some of us will not like to look at this from regional politics perspective; I have no meaningful explanation than the change of mind by Dambazau was based on north vs south politics. All the Comptroller generals under the Ministry of Interior are all from Northern extraction. Comptroller General of Customs, Comptroller General of Immigration, Director-General Civil Defense and now Comptroller-General of Prisons. Is this what we all fought for? We accused JONATHAN of brazen Ethnic Agenda but now Buhari is playing the same ethnic card.

Ladi Ogundele i was told has impeccable record in service, never been issued a query. Highly educated and Alumni of the Nigerian Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies. If that is the case, this government has lost its moral compass completely. You cannot change the rule of a game in the middle of it. Presidency as a matter of urgency needs to explain the reason behind this mess and make correction as soon as practicable. Those that accused Buhari of northern agenda might be right … we want competent hands to run the affair of the country but it seems Buhari/presidency prefers the northerns than southerns.
[29/05 05:38] DADDY BAKARE: I am one of the die hard supporters of PMB but any in justice I will not support. What happened in the prison service was in Justice. If there is anything the public do not know, please Government should come out to explain because it's obvious that the appointment in the para military is lopsided to favour North. Please PMB don't allow your critics to be vindicated.
you were told,you were informed?....and you believed without concret evidence and proof?.....you were told what you want to hear

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Shares N1bn To Market Men, Women / Oil Bombings:are U Preparing For Next Inevitable Fuel Scarcity & Power Blackout? / Nigeria’s Presidency Is Now In The Lions’ Den On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.