Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines (15295 Views)

Soldiers Demolish Old Barracks In Suleja, Niger State (Photos) / Lagos Begins Demolition Of Properties Under High Tension Lines / Chinese Man Moves His House After Government Threatened To Demolish It (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Fynestboi: 8:00am On May 29, 2016
IN its resolve to establish zero tolerance for all structures and properties built under high tension cables across the state and has directed owners of such structures to remove them within the next seven days.
Commissioner of Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Mr. Anifowoshe Abiola, said this was part of efforts to maintain a sustainable, organised, liveable and friendly environment.
“The Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development had noted with dismay the flagrant disobedience of building regulations in the state, and has resolved to ensure removal of all structures that are in contravention of the law.
“Contravention notices have already been served on offending structures. Owners of such structures have been urged to remove them within seven days.
“Failure to adhere to the directive would lead to the removal of such structures by government at a cost to be borne by owners, developers or occupiers of such buildings,” the commissioner said.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-to-demolish-properties-under-high-tension-lines

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by ibkgab001: 1:55pm On May 29, 2016
Good update from the Best democratic Governor of our time

Lagos is working

Lagos is moving forward

Lagos the powerful model of NIGERIA

Flat heads won't like this update as they owned more than 92% of the affected buildings
FTC on day like this means a lot to me I can say happy democracy day and my Oga at the top will say it is happy Sunday dancing skelewu

29 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by ExAngel007(f): 1:56pm On May 29, 2016

What about people who bought plots and own houses?

Would such people be compensated?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by shaokhan01(m): 1:56pm On May 29, 2016
That's normal to my own perspective but are they going to compensate them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by gamaliel121(m): 1:56pm On May 29, 2016
Bam...
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Holaboi(m): 1:56pm On May 29, 2016
Good move!
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by emmabest2000(m): 1:56pm On May 29, 2016
shaokhan01:
That's normal to my own perspective but are they going to compensate them

Compensate them ? In 9ar ?

Meanwhile Hala Madrid....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by miremoses(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2016
.seven days?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by antontech(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2016
very good

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Twizzy30(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2016
Eeyah. And I tell Chibuzor say Government go destroy him Pman Face me I slap u oo. Na to go village sure pass nw

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by naturalwaves: 1:57pm On May 29, 2016
Inasmuch as this is a good development, the 7 days given is too short and unrealistic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by DickDastardly(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2016
Good idea in nasty buhari hardship era cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by DeleSuper1: 1:58pm On May 29, 2016
What were they looking at before by allowing people to build the house in the first place.
Or are they going to give the owners another place of their own?

Bundesligas, anyway, AMBODE is my man sha, he's the governor of the moment.

ride on, let all your enemies gerrout and gerarahere jare!

Ehen! how much is a litre of land in Lagos now, I think I need one litre?

#Most of my articles na joke o abeg.
grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by CHANNELStv2020: 1:59pm On May 29, 2016
NA CHANGE THEM WANT, SO TAKE IT.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by gift01: 2:00pm On May 29, 2016
And what would happen to those who sold the land to them?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by mmsen: 2:00pm On May 29, 2016
Lagos needs to demolish a lot of those buildings on the mainland built with no regard for the environment or the safety of the inhabitants.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by anonimi: 2:01pm On May 29, 2016
Good move by Ambode.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Adeoba10(m): 2:01pm On May 29, 2016
Abeg o, how many meters from high tension? Bcus my papa house na like few meters from high tension n i never hustle build my own house.
Crying!!!! Village straight.... I will miss Nairaland. grin

Abi make i buy land for Nairaland build house ni?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by omonnakoda: 2:01pm On May 29, 2016
Remove ke? So where do they want Shinydoo ,Haymaker and WhonwokeOrchard to take their mansions to?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by bamidell(m): 2:01pm On May 29, 2016
I concur , any house built under the power tension will never have a C of O, so their is nothing like compensation

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by DeRoyalFranco(m): 2:01pm On May 29, 2016
Demolish your propaganda too
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Mctosin(m): 2:01pm On May 29, 2016
Who give d approval 4 such building in d first instance. Mtceew nxt pls
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by kushma(m): 2:02pm On May 29, 2016
Good development but this is rendering people homeless hope they got back up for the poor masses
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by saintneo2: 2:03pm On May 29, 2016
good move....but what will happen to the owners?
I doubt if this will be possible at Ogbunabali PH.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 29, 2016
let dem include houses dat close to d canal and waterways

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Cutehector(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2016
So my house in ajah will get demolished? angry
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Profkomolafe(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2016
undecided Demolish ko, Destroy ni!
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by richylee(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2016
Owo ti wo gbo.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by 9jatatafo(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2016
Adeoba10:
Abeg o, how many meters from high tension? Bcus my papa house na like few meters from high tension n i never hustle build my own house.
Crying!!!! Village straight.... I will miss Nairaland. grin

I heard it's 27 meters but here they are talking of houses directly under high tension wire

Abi make i buy land for Nairaland build house ni?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by bfire(m): 2:11pm On May 29, 2016
I think they should start at Ipaja Ayobo Baruwa side ooO

The omonile have bastardize that place such that some of them are even erecting building right on d road.

This happened with the aid and use of machinery of the contractor handling the Baruwa/Pako to two story road

Igando area is not left out, too

It's just so bad in those area
Re: Lagos To Demolish Properties Under High Tension Lines by Adeoba10(m): 2:12pm On May 29, 2016
[quote author=9jatatafo post=46080805][/quote] I still get hope b dat...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FOR YOUR PERFECT ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN,CONSTRUCTION & APPROVAL In Nig?pls Read / Anambra Youths Use Pure Water To Quench House Fire In Onitsha (Video) / Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.