Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

A Short Sermon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Short Sermon (422 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Igbo Boys In Malaysia Respond To Apostle Suleman's Tithe Sermon & Yahoo Boys / Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Sermon by Jetjacky(m): 8:44am On May 29, 2016
Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Good morning. If you have read the above, let's not waste our time... what does these verses mean?

First we see in verse 1. It says in other for us to be acceptable before God we need to be holy, one may now so how cn one be holy, having had a foresense of what it interprets: be pure, we could guess it entails we be clean.

But how so? Don't I bathe one may ask, don't I wear clean clothes.
Those with broder understanding could say but I do not bear grudges against my fellow.

Yes you're right, those are the attributes that should be seen, but this I not what paul is referring to.

He told us in the verse two what he meant by us being holy: “we should not conform to this world” which also means we should not allow the things (attributes of) in the world to what? Change us, like the things we see our colleagues, our friends, and fellow Christians doing that is described wrong by the world of God.

And furthermore what did he say? “we should allow our minds to be transformed by the word of God” why I might ask.

And the answer is this, when we read the word of God, with concentration and understanding.... it does so many work in us, first it makes us understand our wrong, and when we decide to avoid such wrong doing, it then energize us so we could have the mental and physical power to overcome such urges or sin.

So in other to avoid falling into the temptations of the world we need our determination and the word of God.

And the last versed there talked about the believers who allows pride to have root in them, who thinks they are more than the others, but do you know it also talks about christains who feel they are superior to the unbelievers because they are Christians?

Christ called you into the christain fold not just to save you but for you to be a means to save others who you we're once like.

Finally, I go back to verse 1 and I want you to know one thing today: the reason immorality Is a sin:

Immorality is a sin because your body Is a temple of God, it is in you that the holy spirit dwells, we both know that immorality is a sin of within the body, and not outside the body, just like the sins of the heart.

When you sleep with an enstrange person (who is not your wife or husband before God) you defile your body which Is the temple of God, thereby creating a hedge between you and God.

The holy spirit can not live in a defiled temple so he leaves, at the end making you an empty she'll for the devil and his agents to pray on. Which they do

And when the holy spirit leaves, his power you exercise by grace also leaves you, and you become worse than the average unbeliever walking beside you. Why?

Because this unbeliever might have heard about Christ but has never become a Christian, so he has not received and lived in the power of the crucifixion and salvation of Jesus.

This is why some pastors go looking for other sources of power to run their ministry and thereby continuing their life in sin. Till they repent though they we're once ministers of God and still pretend to be one they are not making heaven and they are not leading the flocks of Christ in their fold to heaven but to he'll.

For the devil is now he who they serve.

So my fellow Christians despite how low you have fallen you can still rise today, Christ Is ever ready to forgive and rescued you if you are ready to change and mend your ways with him.

Just pray right now to him, and make amends. Ask him to forgive you, call him back into your life, to direct you and lead you, to hold you and change you.

When you're done, I advice you that from today you put my teaching into practice and as you read the world of God, don't force yourself to be self righteous by killing yourself to not lie, not steal, etc, rather decide not to do this things and be obedient to the goodness of your heart, then watch how God would show fort his righteousness through you. AMEN

Have a good day.

(1) (Reply)

Agony Of A Church Boy / List Of Daily Duas For The Month Of Ramadan! / Eight Gifts That Do Not Cost A Cent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.