Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,552 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigeria: Ours To Plough - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria: Ours To Plough (280 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Ours To Plough by AquaPetals(f): 9:24am On May 29, 2016
Piffffff! The sound made as you unwind the 50cl bottle of LaCasera apple drink. Wow, what a refreshing taste as you take your first sip. The engine revs and zooom! A jolly ride begins.

Across the public bus, you take a glance at the rest of your co-passengers. A nursing mother in her mid-twenties prepares the common breast-feeding ‘rite’ (don’t ask me the process). Next you also catch the glances of two female corps members, who give you the impression that the sun which shines upon all mankind is not friendly to anyone.

You open your sachet of sausage roll and enjoy refilling combo of drink and snack. Twenty minutes later, you are done with the meal. And as you are about to throw away both bottle and empty sachet from the window of a speeding bus; I WANT YOU TO HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! Why? Maka why? Is that the right thing you are doing? I mean, in your heart of hearts, should any reasonable and civilized individual be doing such profane act? Next thing we do is to later blame the government for the filthy environment and blocked drainages. Yet it is such deliberate acts by you and I that ruin things for us in the long run.

The point is, next time you try to nonchalantly litter the roads or streets with sachets of water, bottles/cans of drinks, etc.—please remember that you are only trying to ‘desecrate’ the nation in the long run. So PLEASE, desist from such acts. Always find the nearest waste-bin, even if you are in a bus. Try to wrap your food remnants neatly in nylon bag and wait till you can safely and wisely dispose of it, in a waste-bin.

Let’s join hands to keep the nation clean. It is our responsibility, it is our job.
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE!
HAPPY DEMOCRACY!!
. http://www.cynthiasunnieblog.com/2016/05/nigeria-ours-to-plough.html

(1) (Reply)

Friends / Cbn’s Monetary Policy Committee Reverses Dovish Stance: A Gamble? / The Scared Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.