Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari (467 Views)

The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal / "Shettima Is The Boko Haram Boss & The Keeper Of Chibok Girls" - Sheriff's Aide / Buhari: FG Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:34am On May 29, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday said his
administration was continuing negotiation for the
release of the abducted Chibok school girls.
Over 200 school girls were abducted by the
insurgent group, Boko Haram, from their school
hostel in Government Secondary School, Chibok,
Borno state in April 2014.
The abduction and the subsequent threat by the
leadership of the terrorist group that the girls
were being “sold off” and “married off” drew
international attention and condemnation.
One of the girls, Amina Nkeki, was recently found
in a village near Sambisa forest with a four-month
old baby.
Ms. Nkeki was said to have been forcefully
“married” to a Boko Haram fighter, who
authorities said was taken into military custody.
Two days after the return of Ms. Nkeki, Nigerian
military authorities announced the rescue of
another Chibok girl, Sarah Luka. But #
BringBackOurGirls activists debunked the claim,
saying Ms. Luka was not among the school girls
abducted in Chibok.
Mr. Buhari in a speech to mark Democracy Day on
Sunday said during the last one year of his
administration, “not a single day passed without
my agonizing about these girls”.
He said his governments’ efforts have centred
around “negotiations to free them safely from
their mindless captors”, adding, ” we are still
pursuing that course”.
Mr. Buhari said the safety of the girls was of
paramount concern to him and to many
Nigerians.
“I am very worried about the conditions those still
captured might be in.
“Today I re-affirm our commitment to rescuing
our girls. We will never stop until we bring them
home safely.
“As I said before, no girl should be put through
the brutality of forced marriage and every
Nigerian girl has the right to an education and a
life choice,” the president said.
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204257-negotiating-release-chibok-girls-buhari.html
Re: We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by todayboy: 9:36am On May 29, 2016
Buhari always negotiating without result
A prideful and stubborn president can't negotiate

1 Like

Re: We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by Firefire(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2016
embarassed
Re: We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:46am On May 29, 2016
I am cumin
Re: We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by ganisucks(f): 9:48am On May 29, 2016
Negotiating with who? A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ at ΨђåƮ price.
Re: We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 9:48am On May 29, 2016
Chibok girls abduction saga again

I avoid any thread about it like a plague.

But one day, the truth shall be revealed, no matter how long.
Re: We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by Nobody: 9:53am On May 29, 2016
Every channel that will ensure the safe return of the girls must be exhausted. Though I have some niggling doubts about the whole Chibok affair, but the human in me always upturned my doubts. The promise to bring back these girls was one of the reasons why the President was elected, a failure to bring them back may sound the death knell for his leadership.
Re: We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 9:54am On May 29, 2016
Please do it as fast as possible
Re: We Are Negotiating Release Of Chibok Girls — Buhari by emiwanlee(m): 10:21am On May 29, 2016
Or you people want to return the girls because you are now head of government, but God will still destroy the north for this grand deceit all in the names of boko haram

(1) (Reply)

Pmb’s Anniversary Speech: ‘if Buhari Can’t Get Economic Experts He Should Borrow / U Can't Stp Me From Travelling Abroad Fayose Dares FG / Most Powerful "9ja Youth" Leader In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.