Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,405 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" (17454 Views)

Government's Wrong Policy Choices Caused This Recession - Pat Utomi / Yakubu Dogara Visits Ibrahim Babangida / Why Is Father Mbaka Silent In The Face Of These Harsh Economic Realities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by chrisblack: 10:18am On May 30, 2016
omenka:
Very stale, like a five days old egwusi soup. What exactly can you fault in what the gentleman has said??

Jonathan is responsible for most of the mess we find ourselves in today. He made unbelievably terrible choices in the days of plenty- today, we are reaping the "rewards" of those choices.

But I believe we'd pull through and emerge even stronger.
guy I disagree with you. It's not most but rather all the mess along with his party pdp

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by poiZon: 10:20am On May 30, 2016
modath:

[b][/b]

Same thing the charlatans that wasted 16yrs, gave out 20 licenses for new refineries but couldn't ensure even 1 came on stream know but would rather play pretend...

how do they DIVERSIFY the economy?

is diversification like building kiosk or erecting building to start stocking imported goods?

was the auto policy of gej driving towards diversification?

was the agric reforms of gej spearheaded by prof adesina driving towards diversification?

what is the concept of diversification that apc is making noise and also rubbishing the past administration that we nigerians dont know?
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by mrvitalis(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2016
nnachukz:
Jonathan's name gives zombies early morning erection. No single policy from the born dullard has been right. Look at Agriculture that was booming and feeding us in the years past is now nothing to write home about. Diseases that were there before now appear new and mighty to the Dillard's team. Yet zombies will rather go to bed hungry than blame their Demi god.
I will like to have a debate with you on the Agricultural sector
I have never bought tomatoes as cheap as I did in the beginning of the year , onions has never been this cheap
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by linusbnn(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Asking Nigerians not to blame Jonathan as the root cause of our current economic condition is not just senseless but irrational and unrealistic.

Even if he was too clueless to effectively diversify the economy, couldn't he have just saved the excess income for a sensible successor instead of STEALING everything like money was going out of fashion?

I can only imagine if Buhari presided over that period of plenty.

We all are still waiting on this govt to diversify the economy. Has any policy of this govt worked?, we keep hearing blame and blame and blame. GEJ never met nigeria to be paradise,but still he played his part nd left for others to carryon. Why has this govt turned into noise maker or they think they love the country more than us?.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Nobody: 10:26am On May 30, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Brothers & Sisters, have you blamed GEJ today??

No mind these confused leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Mayflowa(m): 10:29am On May 30, 2016
tayebest:
stooopid ogogoro sipping cow hat dunce really mess this country hard! angry

I wonder why he is on exile if his ass will now rot in kuje hell prison angry cry

Do you want the truth told? Jonathan was so right on subsidy. It was our total denial and APC foolery that got us here. 2012 Subsidy removal is the single choice that could have averted all these problems
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by proprince(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2016
APC keeps bkami g GEJ. apc now knows tthat there are importance attached to subsidy removal but they stooped GEJ in 2012 when he wanted to do it.

that means PDP would av saved enough money through subsidy removal and APC wud av gotten enuf money to rule us by now

APC ure reaping wat u sowed grin grin

rubish

clueless oeople blaming GEJ that made Nig economg strongest in Africa.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by proprince(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2016
Mayflowa:

Do you want the truth told? Jonathan was so right on subsidy. It was our total denial and APC foolery that got us here. 2012 Subsidy removal is the single choice that could have averted all these problems

Exactly, it was d same APC through their shameless Tinubu that organised all sorts of fake protests to stop fuel subsidy then

now they are blaming GEJ

shame on APC
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by modath(f): 10:34am On May 30, 2016
PRYCE:
Ehh no surprise... Na ONLY Mo fit open this kine thread wink wink

@ The topic; Yet another APC stalwart heaping those usual blames on MR Democracy!... We already used to these B.Ss.

I bet this kinda news is now music to DEMOCRACY's ears!

Mehn, Pryce is so civil these days mehn, I'm scared oo.. shocked

So na MO be wailers mouthpiece Sun News? You see yasef and stone throwing? If it were one abusing Bubu, you'd have invited your people to join you dance Atilogwu for the thread....

Is there no thread calling Bubu names or celebrating una Scavenging terrorists wey you go dance Azonto on? wink
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by thugthang(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2016
Ofcourse!yes
BeeBeeOoh:
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by einst3in: 10:35am On May 30, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
yes we will blame him every fucking day so that others d not make his type of mistake. We will keep reminding him how clueless he was.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Paperwhite(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2016
And these set of foolish & myopic leaders of APC extraction thinks GEJ was the only President that have ruled this country.Buhari was once there but did he diversified the economy-absolutely no! Being product of the qouta system with an abysmal F9 in Maths & Economics,he have no idea on how how to improve our economy despite contesting for the President 4 consecutive times.All he have offered is blame-game & bulk-passing while being cheered on by sycophants & grossly deluded zombies.While time is still tickling.You'll not remain the president for life.A word is enough for a wise president.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by laffwitmi: 10:38am On May 30, 2016
5percee,Ugandan,dirty ipod,southern abacha supporter,slowpoke,wailing wailer spotted here!!! grin grin grin
nnachukz:
Jonathan's name gives zombies early morning erection. No single policy from the born dullard has been right. Look at Agriculture that was booming and feeding us in the years past is now nothing to write home about. Diseases that were there before now appear new and mighty to the Dillard's team. Yet zombies will rather go to bed hungry than blame their Demi god.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Leez(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2016
talkingdrum10:
Dogaras claims are the height of stupidity, is this man from mass or pluto?

Jonathan started the deregulation project and you guys went to the street and called it a sham, things will have been better by now.

Jonathan created the sovereign wealth fund and you people in apc went to court and ask for all excess crude to be shared and today you point fingers at Jonathan.

I am not exonerating Jonathan but for goodness sake, you should be sharing the economic blueprint of this administration....which until this very moment, their is no clear documented economic plan.

All you guys do is to wake up and blame Jonathan every day..... ENOUGH OF THAT BOOSIT!!!!

It's been 366 days and we need results and NOT excuses.
my broda im just tired
dy are called zombies for a reason sha so no point arguing
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by lildush(m): 10:42am On May 30, 2016
all dis talk is trash.. dis hardship started wen naira was devalued.. y did u guys allow d devaluation of naira.? y did u guys checked d flow of money in d country? dis is d reason y we facing dis hardship .. pls Dnt blame Jonathan.... d fall of naira cod inflation.. n as money was not flowing.. it became difficult to survive.. Dats just it
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by soldierdollar(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2016
omenka:
Very stale, like a five days old egwusi soup. What exactly can you fault in what the gentleman has said??

Jonathan is responsible for most of the mess we find ourselves in today. He made unbelievably terrible choices in the days of plenty- today, we are reaping the "rewards" of those choices.

Will blaming him solve the problem? For Patience's sake , this is Buhari's one year in office ! How long shall we continue to blame the past administration?
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Ratello: 10:47am On May 30, 2016
PRYCE:
Ehh no surprise... Na ONLY Modath fit open this kine thread wink wink

@ The topic; Yet another APC stalwart heaping those usual blames on MR Democracy!... We already used to these B.Ss.

I bet this kinda news is now music to DEMOCRACY's ears!
My bro go soft on the Amazon, she will realize after 4 years that Buhari and his cohorts are professional rabble-rousers. APC are bunch of silly whiners.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by nnachukz(m): 10:47am On May 30, 2016
laffwitmi:
5percee,Ugandan,dirty ipod,southern abacha supporter,slowpoke,wailing wailer spotted here!!! grin grin grin
See how you are spitting saliva everywhere. Who told the whole world, Abacha isn't corrupt? Your dullardkpo is a slicky corrupt person defending and shedding his similarly corrupt friends. If you continue this way you will soon find yourself inside market roaming aimlessly.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Nobody: 10:47am On May 30, 2016
tonio2wo:

Yes agreed! Way forward??

If it took a year to steal those billions of dollars then we should expect instant miracles this past year.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by uyplus(m): 10:48am On May 30, 2016
talkingdrum10:
Dogaras claims are the height of stupidity, is this man from mass or pluto?

Jonathan started the deregulation project and you guys went to the street and called it a sham, things will have been better by now.

Jonathan created the sovereign wealth fund and you people in apc went to court and ask for all excess crude to be shared and today you point fingers at Jonathan.

I am not exonerating Jonathan but for goodness sake, you should be sharing the economic blueprint of this administration....which until this very moment, their is no clear documented economic plan.

All you guys do is to wake up and blame Jonathan every day..... ENOUGH OF THAT BOOSIT!!!!

It's been 366 days and we need results and NOT excuses.

Stupidity is when an educated individual fails to use his brain to decipher simple logic. Can you dispute any of the facts dogara stated? You expect a magic wand from Buhari to clear a 5,840days (16yrs) mess in just 365days right? Oil was selling above $100pb for 41 consecutive months and we were exporting 2.2mbpd, now that same oil is selling below $40pb and we are exporting 1.2mbpd. What was saved during those glory days? Yet our forex reserve was dropping and external debts rising even at high oil prices. Buhari hasnt gone borrowing yet even with oil selling this low which is such a remarkable feat. Never in our history has a Nigerian president stayed for 1year without borrowing. January 2015, GEJ borrowed $1bn to fight boko haram. The railway isn't funded by tge Nigerian government but from China. So show me what our oil monies were used for? November 2014, oil prices had slumped to $55pb and guess what? They borrowed N882bn from domestic financing to pay salaries that month. He even went on to devalue the naira from about N140 to N199. If he we had saved monies during that time, we'd have had sufficient cushoin to weather this raging economic storm.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by henrygale(m): 10:50am On May 30, 2016
I won't be surprised if after 4yrs this govt is still blaming GEJ for their failure to fulfill their election promises!
Lubbish!
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Mayflowa(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2016
proprince:

Exactly, it was d same APC through their shameless Tinubu that organised all sorts of fake protests to stop fuel subsidy then

now they are blaming GEJ

shame on APC

I am glad someone remembers. Most of us forget so much in this country. Our media is bad! They don't do journalism. They just report happenings! I still remember Sanusi trying to convince everyone about avoiding Today. Dogara was probably drinking in a beer parlour then

Amaechi led his team of governors to challenge FG on why our excess crude oil savings must be shared and they won. Jonathan had to initiate sovereign wealth funds by all means.

Gej is no hero but we need to praise his foresight
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Nbote(m): 10:53am On May 30, 2016
Why is dis APC govt more intent on reminding Nigerians why d last administration was voted out instead of occupying demselves on why Nigerians voted dem in... Dis govt is beginning to sound like a broken record on a loop. D past administration is bad, ok we get... but what d hell have u done right to correct d ills.. They're supposed to have seen dis coming since their campaigns were solely based on d many wrongs of d last govt.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by visalo: 10:59am On May 30, 2016
tayebest:
stooopid ogogoro sipping cow hat dunce really mess this country hard! angry

I wonder why he is on exile if his ass will now rot in kuje hell prison angry cry

Children from baby factory. Look how silly you are.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by saintmark88(m): 10:59am On May 30, 2016
I'm tired of telling me d past govt did this, we already know that d last govt was clueless and irresponsible, so what is Buhari's govt doing about it, his job is to solve d problem not complain....
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by erosimo(m): 11:01am On May 30, 2016
mrvitalis:

I will like to have a debate with you on the Agricultural sector
I have never bought tomatoes as cheap as I did in the beginning of the year , onions has never been this cheap

The booming period he said was referring to Jonathan's period
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by richeso: 11:02am On May 30, 2016
[size=15pt]
if you idiots can not fix it , then give it back to Jonathan let him fix it, and stop the bull.shit complain.

it was never as bad as this when GEJ was in power. you claim they looted the country dry yet we have better life then than now, so i wonder who is actually looting. rubbish.[/size]
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by wiseass: 11:03am On May 30, 2016
tayebest:

yes! we'll blame him, he really cause the mess! you wonder why he is on exile?

Gej saw the shit storm coming and tried to remove the subsidy but we occupied Nigeria and called him unprintable names, he even tried to make sure there was food security, but we all know how that went. Playing the blame game won't solve anything, we need innovative leaders but sadly we have robbed ourselves.of that as well. I think it's time for us as a country to put aside any bias we might have and rescue our country Bcoz after all said and done buhari will still play golf with Gej. It's the masses that will keep suffering
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by bilazego(m): 11:12am On May 30, 2016
They've started their second year with blames
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by Ratello: 11:15am On May 30, 2016
omenka:

You don start with your psychobabbles again.
Re: Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" by BetaThings: 11:18am On May 30, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

No, we have not
We are discussing the history of Nigeria, especially the 16 years including the 5+ of transformation which resulted into
No Nigerian hospital being able to treat vomiting by Metuh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Expect Improved Power Supply In 2017 – Fashola / Presidential Spokesman Asks Journalists To Expunge Buhari's Comments On Ganduje / CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.