Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Because We Don't Have A Certificate, Does That Mean We Are Unemployable? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Because We Don't Have A Certificate, Does That Mean We Are Unemployable? (593 Views)

Who Said Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / 10 Reasons You Don't Have A Job Yet And What You Can Do About It / Message I Received From N-power What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Because We Don't Have A Certificate, Does That Mean We Are Unemployable? by Maximus85(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2016
In the unemployed population, some are actually very brilliant, they went through the university and or polytechnic but may because of some issues, they couldn't get their certificate and couldn't go for NYSC.

These ones are there in the economy struggling to survive. They don't just seat back lazying around. They try to start something but it's impossible for many of them who doesn't have any means of financing there business ideas.

What can be done to assist these ones?
I feel these corporate organisations should start looking out for potentials and not just certificates. Truth been told, some certificates hold no water. Some are bought either with cash or kind. And when they get on the job... They can't just perform.

It has got to be WHAT CAN YOU Do? and not What Certificate do you have?

I don't know if this post of mine mean anything to someone. I just woke up, writing proposals to companies about my business. I've been doing this for like 6years but yet to get something concrete because I can seem to make enough money to really brand this business of mine. If I had a job, it could have helped me save up some money to do this.

If you look me up here on Nairaland, you will see all that I've tried my hands on.

If you are in the same shoes as me, please join the discussion.

LASU is the demon tormenting my life.

1 Like

Re: Because We Don't Have A Certificate, Does That Mean We Are Unemployable? by IamQuins: 10:53am On May 30, 2016
Same here, Unilag is frustrating my life. Though ve got lots of working experience buh that doesn't count.

Was working with hotel.Ng, buh insearch of sumtyn beta nw.
Re: Because We Don't Have A Certificate, Does That Mean We Are Unemployable? by emmanuelbrown26: 12:06pm On May 30, 2016
Bro i hv come to realize dat the society we are in believe so much in paper certificates instead of wat u hv upstairs. If i be an employer tomorow wat am after should be wat u can bring to my company not some paper dat are bought wit money. I hv a lot of paper owners but when u see dem u will shed tears, they hv nothing to offer aside their paper. But u can be employable only if u know ur onions
Re: Because We Don't Have A Certificate, Does That Mean We Are Unemployable? by IamQuins: 3:07pm On May 30, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
Bro i hv come to realize dat the society we are in believe so much in paper certificates instead of wat u hv upstairs. If i be an employer tomorow wat am after should be wat u can bring to my company not some paper dat are bought wit money. I hv a lot of paper owners but when u see dem u will shed tears, they hv nothing to offer aside their paper. But u can be employable only if u know ur onions

It's not easy bro, sum firms r jst concerned with papers natyn else. Any ideas or solution?

(1) (Reply)

Business Smart Interns Needed / Sales Executive Needed In Lagos / Tech Jobs In Nigeria | IT Admins At Aston Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.