Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,247 members, 7,825,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene (811 Views)

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / What Is Assumption Of Mary / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by Comingo: 1:30am On Aug 23, 2009
Mary was the disciple Jesus loved the most and the one who always leaned on him. She taught the disciples the art of Bilocation- process of being in two or more places at the same time. But Constatine painted Mary Mgdalene a protistute. Even Jesus had female disciples but the Early Roman Cath. Churcg doctored mostt of the portions of the bible to send a message of male dominance.

Passage from The Gospel of Mary

1) But they were grieved. They wept greatly, saying, “How shall we go to the Gentiles and preach the gospel of the Kingdom of the Son of Man? If they did not spare Him, how will they spare us?”

2) Then Mary stood up, greeted them all, and said to her brethren, “Do not weep and do not grieve nor be irresolute, for His grace will be entirely with you and will protect you.

3) But rather, let us praise His greatness, for He has prepared us and made us into Men.”

4) When Mary said this, she turned their hearts to the Good, and they began to discuss the words of the Savior.

5) Peter said to Mary, “Sister, we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman.

6) Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember which you know, but we do not, nor have we heard them.”

7) Mary answered and said, “What is hidden from you, I will proclaim to you”.

cool And she began to speak to them these words: “I, she said, I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to Him, Lord, I saw you today in a vision. He answered and said to me,

9) Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

10) I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?

11) The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two. That is what sees the vision and it is”,  Unfortunately the next 4 pages of manuscript were destroyed.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by mchenry(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2009
@poster, do you believe that jesus birth wasn't a virgin birth?
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:13am On Aug 23, 2009
mchenry:

@poster, do you believe that jesus birth wasn't a virgin birth?
What is a virgin birth?
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by wackhack(m): 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2009
What a great deception!!!, I've looked at many of your Post and Find out that you are greatly deceived and total indoctrinated with the doctrine of DEMONS.

Who taught you all these? For these doesn't come from above rather, Its EARTHLY, SENSUAL AND DEMONIC..

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them''. { Rom 1:18-32}
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by MadMax1(f): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2009
@post
I saw a documentary on that, with world-reknowned experts examining the document and pronouncing it an original, and many many other compelling facts and evidence. With all the Bible doctoring done, if you read through the NT you'll still get a sense that Christ had an extraordinary relationship with Madgalene. And the Vatican did own up to a few things in 1969 or so, when they removed the label 'Penitent' from Madgalene's name. No end to the damage the Vatican and its indescribable popes have done to Christianity,but all that's in the past.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by dexmond: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2009
There is a conspiracy against the Son of God. Every true christian know that.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by Abuzola(m): 7:56am On Aug 24, 2009
Why don't you go to vatican and see the gospel you deny. Buk
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by wackhack(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2009
Hmmm.!! What more can i say? Vatican is equal to paganism plus christianity, there you get catholitism. There is more damage that this there doctrine of demon has done to christianity, they have truely try to turn everything upside down[starting from the day of there father called CONSTANTE NOPLE] . What of there nonesense Films of Angel and Demon, da vinci code and the rest of it by Tom Hanks are they not all deceptions? Well, but in The BEGINING IT WAS NOT SO, FOR SATAN AND HIS AGENTS HERE ON EARTH SEEK TO DESTROY GOD'S WORD AND THEY WILL NEVER SURVIVE, This to show you that christian is genuie and True, for the enemy is not after false, demonic and man's religion for they are under his attack already but not Christianity. For Christianity is not a religion neither worshipping of Sun gods, but its the TRUE LIGHT THAT ENEMY WANT TO PUT OUT BUT his GOALS CAN NEVER BE ACHIEVE.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by wackhack(m): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2009
Abuzola, I'm looking for a day that i will really expose your religion to lime light. That day will surely come, For neither muslim nor catholic nor celestial nor mormor nor gray message nor cheribum and seraphim, worship the True God, but all together are in the same trend. Infact all these religion mentions above are in the same family though they may not agree but they all serve the same gods with different name and different way of worship, . I'm afraid, that they are all deceived.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by chiejik(f): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abuzola, I'm looking for a day that i will really expose your religion to lime light. That day will surely come, For neither muslim nor catholic nor celestial nor mormor nor gray message nor cheribum and seraphim, worship the True God, but all together are in the same trend. Infact all these religion mentions above are in the same family though they may not agree but they all serve the same gods with different name and different way of worship, . I'm afraid, that they are all deceived.

yea abuzola and ogaga worshipp thier own manmade god
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by Abuzola(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2009
@Wackhack- The Roman catholic aforetime were the one that compiled the bible, why do you hate the truth, The owner of the house is the only person that knows which of the roof is leaking.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by dexmond: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2009
The roman catholics have thier own bible that contains somethings not in the king james. The reason bieng that they were regarded as extra-canonicals. The church fathers rejected them cuz after malachi God stopped sending prophets until john the baptist. how then did these people get those messages?. Maybe from spirits that desguised like the spirit truth. That explains why some people received messages and thought it was from God. e.g ----------------
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by Nezan(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
The gospel of Mary was discovered in the Akhmim Codex in Cairo, Egypt, in 1896. It was not made public until 1955, when it was published due to the popularity of the Nag Hammadilibrary. Written in Greek and Coptic, the gospel of Mary codex is dated to the 3rd (Greek) and 5th (Coptic) centuries A.D. The gospel of Mary is mentioned in the writings of some of the early church fathers as early as the 3rd century A.D. In the only known copy of the text, ten entire pages are missing, including the first six pages. As a result, it is difficult to arrive at a coherent and consistent overall message.

The gospel of Mary Magdalene would better be titled “the gospel of Mary,” due to the fact that the Mary the gospel mentions is nowhere specified as Mary Magdalene. In the New Testament, there are six women named Mary, with three of them being prominent in the life of Jesus: Mary, Jesus’ mother; Mary Magdalene; and Mary of Bethany. It is only tradition that the Mary the gospel of Mary refers to is Mary Magdalene. For the sake of clarity, we will assume that Mary Magdalene is the Mary of the gospel of Mary.

Conspiracy theorists have contrived a conflict between patriarchal Christianity (exemplified by Peter) and “true” Christianity (exemplified by Mary). The Da Vinci Code takes this conspiracy theory to new heights by portraying the Christian church as covering up Jesus’ relationship with Mary Magdalene and denying His appointment of Mary as the leader of the church. The problem with this conspiracy theory is that there is absolutely no evidence for it, not even in the gospel of Mary. The gospel of Mary nowhere states that Jesus appointed Mary as the leader of the Christian church. The gospel of Mary nowhere states that Jesus and Mary were romantically involved.

The gospel of Mary was not written by Mary Magdalene or any other Mary of the Bible. The Gnostic teachings found in the gospel of Mary date it to the late 2nd century A.D. at the earliest. As a result, there is no validity to its teachings. Similar to the gospel of Thomas, the gospel of Philip, and the gospel of Judas, the gospel of Mary is a Gnostic forgery, using the name of a biblical character in an attempt to give validity to heretical teachings. The only value in studying the gospel of Mary is in learning what heresies existed in the early centuries of the Christian church.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene by Nezan(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Let's All Pray For Our Sick Leader! / Servanthood: The Kernel Of Leadership Excellence / Prayers Before Marriage;helpful Or Catastrophic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.