Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) (2186 Views)

Need Help Sourcing Oxygen Sensor Part Number / A Bad/faulty Oxygen Sensor Can Do This To Your Car / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Oxygen Sensor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by FEGEITOK: 11:10am On May 30, 2016
I decided to tear down my electrical wiring to search and find and fix the short I have been talking about for a while

I was pretty careful but in a whiff I lost my carefulness and removed all the wires from a melted 02 sensor, it had melted because it was touching the exhaust.

I guess that must be why I have been having P1173 recently.

Now the two wires am worried about are the black wires.

I know the appropriate connectors for the white and blue.

So question is does polarity matter or not with the black wires, see a picture attached

Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:56am On May 30, 2016
black has no polarity. It is a heater just needs juice grin
Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by FEGEITOK: 12:13pm On May 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
black has no polarity. It is a heater just needs juice grin

Thanks boss!

You are the man! smiley
Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 30, 2016
Like the Bosch narrow band Lambda in VAG models, where there are 4 wires;

White.
White.
Black.
Grey.

The 2 same coloured wires are not polarity sensitive. It doesn't matter which way round you connect them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by FEGEITOK: 9:19pm On May 30, 2016
Siena:

White.
White.
Black.
Grey.

The 2 same coloured wires are not polarity sensitive. It doesn't matter which way round you connect them.

Most appreciated!
Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by princemillla(m): 8:11am On May 31, 2016
Siena:

White.
White.
Black.
Grey.

Mine also have Grey black and white white. But has been cut off. That's the one after catalyst converter. Do u advice I reconnect it or change it
Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by MPVGoddess: 1:15am On Jun 01, 2016
princemillla:

Mine also have Grey black and white white. But has been cut off. That's the one after catalyst converter. Do u advice I reconnect it or change it

Let's get one thing clear.

Connector from the car computer intact?

Connector from the sensor to car computer destroyed? Partly or wholly?

Do you know which wire from the oxygen sensor side connects to which wire from the car computer side?

When you say "has been cut off" what exactly do you mean? So we can be sure what is the situation before advising further

A picture would be helpful if you cannot describe succintly
Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by princemillla(m): 6:19am On Jun 01, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Let's get one thing clear.

Connector from the car computer intact?

Connector from the sensor to car computer destroyed? Partly or wholly?

Do you know which wire from the oxygen sensor side connects to which wire from the car computer side?

When you say "has been cut off" what exactly do you mean? So we can be sure what is the situation before advising further

A picture would be helpful if you cannot describe succintly

Thank you my brother,

The wire was cut off exactly at the o2 sensor tail. The wire to the car is still there.

But the wire is badly cut off. Want to know if I can still connect it back
Re: Oxygen Sensor Wiring Polarity (PICs Inside) by MPVGoddess: 7:06am On Jun 01, 2016
princemillla:

Thank you my brother,

The wire was cut off exactly at the o2 sensor tail. The wire to the car is still there.

But the wire is badly cut off. Want to know if I can still connect it back

Asked specific questions about connector, not answered

That will determine if you have to fix polarity issues first or if you can just blindly connect because you will know (that is cannot misdirect the wiring) which wire goes where

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Fairly Used 6 Seaters (mini) Bus? / Opel Vectra B For Sale / Let Us Talk Audi’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.