Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Should I Go For Chemical Engineering Or Industrial Chemistry - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Go For Chemical Engineering Or Industrial Chemistry (2423 Views)

Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures / Chemistry, Biochemistry Or Industrial Chemistry? / Masters In Engineering Or Professional Certification In Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For Chemical Engineering Or Industrial Chemistry by Nobody: 11:51am On May 30, 2016
hi everyone i"ve been thinking about which of these courses should i go for i have a very strong passion for chemistry and mathematics my father wants me to study computer science or electrical engineering because my senior brother studied it and the bad economyof our country but i don't have the passion AT ALL,though i blog and design websites for people but its still not what i want to do as a real profession the love i have for pure scientific courses is actually very high .i need your advice my fellow nairalanders i know some of you would have been in such situations before .I want to know what are the prospects of this courses in modern day nigeria and is it that they is no hope for someone who studied this course(chemical engineering or industrial chemistry) to have a better life
Re: Should I Go For Chemical Engineering Or Industrial Chemistry by basingstoke: 4:17pm On May 30, 2016
My bro are you good in physics and maths as well, if yes why not go for chemical engineering ?. chemical engineering covers all aspects of the chemical industry. indoor chem ( as they call it those days in uni.) is almost like a subset of chemical engineering. with chemical engineering, first you are an engineer, secondly you can fit perfectly in to the life a chemical industrialist.
Another thing is that there are many scholarship for masters in Engineering abroad. any of the engineering course will do. but if you are an Industrial chemist you are automatically excluded. However for industrial chemical scholarships, being a chemical engineer can give you an added advantage. Lastly most advanced countries classify engineering, medicine, I.T professionals as highly skilled, hence these guys quailfy for highly skilled visas, but this is not same for Industrial Chemist.
YOU CAN SEE THAT, IN MY WRITE UP, I INTENTINALY DID NOT TALK ABOUT THE ADVANTAGES OF INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY, KIT IS NOT BECAUSE THERE ARE NO ADVANTAGES, BUT ALL IN ALL, CHEMICAL ENGINEERING IS BETTER...

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Chemical Engineering Or Industrial Chemistry by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 30, 2016
basingstoke:
My bro are you good in physics and maths as well, if yes why not go for chemical engineering ?. chemical engineering covers all aspects of the chemical industry. indoor chem ( as they call it those days in uni.) is almost like a subset of chemical engineering. with chemical engineering, first you are an engineer, secondly you can fit perfectly in to the life a chemical industrialist.
Another thing is that there are many scholarship for masters in Engineering abroad. any of the engineering course will do. but if you are an Industrial chemist you are automatically excluded. However for industrial chemical scholarships, being a chemical engineer can give you an added advantage. Lastly most advanced countries classify engineering, medicine, I.T professionals as highly skilled, hence these guys quailfy for highly skilled visas, but this is not same for Industrial Chemist.
YOU CAN SEE THAT, IN MY WRITE UP, I INTENTINALY DID NOT TALK ABOUT THE ADVANTAGES OF INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY, KIT IS NOT BECAUSE THERE ARE NO ADVANTAGES, BUT ALL IN ALL, CHEMICAL ENGINEERING IS BETTER...
thank you for your contributions

(1) (Reply)

Cadbury Online Personality Assessment / Customer Service Training School / Top 10 Recruitment Agencies In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.