Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army (2565 Views)

Police Release Report On Isi-gate Clash Between IPOB And Soldiers / Bloody Clash Between Fayose And Olujimi Supporters In Ekiti State / Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by Adieza(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2016
– There is a great clash between the pro- Biafra activists in Onitsha and the Nigerian
army – Shots have been fired and many are
feared dead – There is no clear reason at the moment
for the unrest – The authorities are trying to still the
storm Reports according to Sahara Reporters suggests
that a military shooting of unarmed protesters at
a church in Onitsha has stirred uproar in the state. Protest hits the Niger Bridge in Onitsha There are claims that the Nigerian security agents
are battling with pro-Biafra agitators in some
parts of Anambra state, especially Onitsha. The signal which was sent to several unit
commanders in the Southeastern parts of Nigeria
early this morning asked the unit commanders to
be on “standby’ in case of a breakdown of law
and order as pro-Biafra agitators embark on
street protests today in the Southeast. “@bukkysupernavi : ANAMBRA STATE: Mass demonstration envisaged in Onitsha
and environs. @Gidi_Traffic” 11:12 AM - 30 May 2016 2 GIDITRAFFIC @Gidi_Traffic READ ALSO: Viral: Niger Delta in disarray as militants unveil new currency (photo) Speculation has it that about 20 people are
currently dead and many injured. There are many reports regarding the alleged
blood bath in Onitsha, below are reports of some
people within the region. Gun shots, smokes from burning, sirens, etc
all happening within Onitsha right now. 10:52 AM - 30 May 2016 1 ♔Chibuzo Anthony♔ @KingAbsolute_ READ ALSO: Controversy: Nnamdi Kanu must die for the peace of 170million Nigerians – People
react Some sources reveal that soldiers invaded a
Catholic Church in Nkpor, near Onitsha, Anambra
state. The invasion was said to have taken place early
this morning, May 30, as people were
participating in Mass. Happening now in #Biafra, the Nigerian president Burhari and his Islamic brother
are killing the Biafrans peopl 12:44 PM - 30 May 2016 14 2 U.S.E.S.S of Biafra @emmsanuelgreg1 @GuardianUS please look our a way for a second. Nigerian military are wasting a lot
of #Biafran lives right now. 12:44 PM - 30 May 2016 5 Biafra Radio @Biafra_Radio The incident comes on this day which happens to
be Biafra remembrance day. It was on this day in
1967 that the late General Ojukwu declared the
Republic of Biafra, after suffering through years of
suppression under Nigeria’s military
government. In 1960, Nigeria gained independence from
Britain. Six years later, the Muslim Hausas in
northern Nigeria began massacring the Christian
Igbos in the region, prompting tens of thousands
of Igbos to flee to the east, where their people
were the dominant ethnic group. The Igbos doubted that Nigeria’s oppressive
military government would allow them to
develop, or even survive, so on May 30, 1967,
Lieutenant Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu and other
non-Igbo representatives of the area established
the Republic of Biafra, comprising several states of Nigeria. READ ALSO: Militants, Boko Haram, herdsmen: Army reveals what will be done to each group After diplomatic efforts by Nigeria failed to
reunite the country, war between Nigeria and
Biafra broke out in July 1967. Ojukwu’s forces made some initial advances,
but Nigeria’s superior military strength
gradually reduced Biafran territory. The state lost its oil fields–its main source of
revenue–and without the funds to import food, an
estimated one million of its civilians died as a
result of severe malnutrition. On January 11, 1970, Nigerian forces captured the
provincial capital of Owerri, one of the last Biafran
strongholds, and Ojukwu was forced to flee to the
Ivory Coast. Four days later, Biafra surrendered to
Nigeria.
Check Leapfame.com for more news
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by Jibreen4u(m): 2:09pm On May 30, 2016
I feel ur pain bro...take heart.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by vikacydevato(m): 2:10pm On May 30, 2016
Things fall apart.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 30, 2016
Keep using your lives to fly kites.

I can assure you, brawn will not get you anywhere, it is only brain that can achieve it. It will only bring sorrow, tears and blood.

This should be an intellectual battle and not battle of lawlessness.

That was how 3million people died for fun and Ojukwu and his children usain bolt-ed to Abidjan, Achebe and his children ben johson-ed to US.

5 Likes

Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by legendboy(m): 2:23pm On May 30, 2016
I won't die celebrating a failed hero.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by TheArchangel(f): 2:31pm On May 30, 2016
legendboy:
I won't die celebrating a failed hero.

You think they are celebrating Ojukwu
This is the reason why our civil war history should be taught in schools.

1 Like

Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 30, 2016
cocoduck:
Calling you an 1diot is an understatement, today is May 30 and it is the day we gather to remember our Fallen members, we gathers in a church to PRAY for them, then thses cowards did what they do best, kill innocent civilians, and you are saying brawn and brain, you should direct it to the pedophile.

If i reply this ''thing'' now, the MOD will rush to ban me again.

I will rather report you.

2 Likes

Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by cocoduck: 2:44pm On May 30, 2016
Super1Star2:

If i reply this ''thing'' now, the MOD will rush to ban me again.
I will rather report you.
foolish talk

1 Like

Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by legendboy(m): 2:47pm On May 30, 2016
TheArchangel:
You think they are celebrating Ojukwu
This is the reason why our civil we history should be taught in schools.
brother whatever thing it is, you should think again na, our elders do not even like or support that their agitatin of a thing and buhari is ready to wipe out all of them. I'm just so sad today!!
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by TheArchangel(f): 2:58pm On May 30, 2016
legendboy:
brother whatever thing it is, you should think again na, our elders do not even like or support that their agitatin of a thing and buhari is ready to wipe out all of them. I'm just so sad today!!
Who is your leader bro? Igbo ama onye ukwu. Igbo enweghi eze.
Your supposed Igbo leaders has never publicly condemned them. It says a lot.

1 Like

Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by SirREX94: 2:58pm On May 30, 2016
If Nigeria really thinks this guys are insignificant, why not let them go? My heart-felt respect to the fallen heroes, and for those still in the tide;- God bless our hustle!
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by SirREX94: 3:01pm On May 30, 2016
Kowara ya Ofuma!
TheArchangel:
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by sanandreas(m): 3:02pm On May 30, 2016
The world is watching. Buhari will run from pillar to post like Gaddafi.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by legendboy(m): 3:04pm On May 30, 2016
TheArchangel:
mmadu ole ka egbugoru taa?
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by Rossikk(m): 3:28pm On May 30, 2016
Super1Star2:
Keep using your lives to fly kites.

I can assure you, brawn will not get you anywhere, it is only brain that can achieve it. It will only bring sorrow, tears and blood.

This should be an intellectual battle and not battle of lawlessness.

That was how 3million people died for fun and Ojukwu and his children usain bolt-ed to Abidjan, Achebe and his children ben johson-ed to US.

Do they have working brains? Bunch of ignorant illiterates.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by TheArchangel(f): 3:35pm On May 30, 2016
SirREX94:
Kowara ya Ofuma!
Kedu kwanu ebe nga ebido nnaa
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by Rossikk(m): 3:36pm On May 30, 2016
SirREX94:
If Nigeria really thinks this guys are insignificant, why not let them go? My heart-felt respect to the fallen heroes, and for those still in the tide;- God bless our hustle!
The first thing Nigeria should do if they let Biafra exist is to drive out all the Igbos from north and western Nigeria. You can't eat your cake and have it. You want your own country, go live there. No more getting rich off Nigerians while hating them. And no Delta oil for you because it does not belong to you. Biafra is only Igboland. Let us see how you supermen will survive in your tiny, landlocked, resourceless 'country', with millions of new arrivals, and zero access to Nigeria's 180 million strong market.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by One1after: 3:44pm On May 30, 2016
Rossikk:
The first thing Nigeria should do if they let Biafra exist is to drive out all the Igbos from north and western Nigeria. You can't eat your cake and have it. You want your own country, go live there. No more getting rich off Nigerians while hating them. And no Delta oil for you because it does not belong to you. Biafra is only Igboland. Let us see how you supermen will survive in your tiny, landlocked, resourceless 'country'.

Bros, heard you are Ibo nah. Wetin happen
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by Rossikk(m): 3:53pm On May 30, 2016
One1after:

Bros, heard you are Ibo nah. Wetin happen
I'm disgusted at the thoughtless stupidity of the pro Biafran people. If there is any group that benefits from being Nigerians, it is Igbos. These people have billions of dollars of investment across Nigeria. Yet for some inexplicable reason, they want to abandon all that and withdraw into their tiny cocoon for God knows what reason. Their agitation is the dumbest and most stupi.d I've ever seen. It makes absolutely zero sense. Look at Enugu, Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi. These places are experiencing rapid transformation for the better. Roads, bridges, malls, mansions, everywhere. Most of the resources to build these things came from other parts of Nigeria. HOW do the pro Biafrans expect to replace those sources of income after they get their tiny new country? I bet you 98% of them haven't even THOUGHT about this. They are just driven by ethnic hatred and nothing else. Disgusting, hopeless set of people.

1 Like

Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by golddust6000(m): 4:31pm On May 30, 2016
Rossikk:
I'm disgusted at the thoughtless stupidity of the pro Biafran people. If there is any group that benefits from being Nigerians, it is Igbos. These people have billions of dollars of investment across Nigeria. Yet for some inexplicable reason, they want to abandon all that and withdraw into their tiny cocoon for God knows what reason. Their agitation is the dumbest and most stupi.d I've ever seen. It makes absolutely zero sense. Look at Enugu, Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi. These places are experiencing rapid transformation for the better. Roads, bridges, malls, mansions, everywhere. Most of the resources to build these things came from other parts of Nigeria. HOW do the pro Biafrans expect to replace those sources of income after they get their tiny new country? I bet you 98% of them haven't even THOUGHT about this. They are just driven by ethnic hatred and nothing else. Disgusting, hopeless set of people.
look as how you display your stupidity online? If a group of people decided to stay on their own, how does it effect you? And who told your narrow brain that most money they made comes from outside biafra land. Olochi buruku

1 Like

Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by TheArchangel(f): 5:03pm On May 30, 2016
Rossikk:
You need an intellectual exchange.
Your frustration is glaring.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by SirREX94: 5:08pm On May 30, 2016
So be it! It is better to eat palm kernel, drink a cup of water, and be at peace cos it's your home! Never experienced the joy of been emancipated from the shakles of slave masters i guess. ''Man must not live on OIL alone''. On another news, given the right platform, and brainstormy genuses, which these folk are known for, even the ''SAHARA DESERT'' could be meant to become sustainable!
Rossikk:
The first thing Nigeria should do if they let Biafra exist is to drive out all the Igbos from north and western Nigeria. You can't eat your cake and have it. You want your own country, go live there. No more getting rich off Nigerians while hating them. And no Delta oil for you because it does not belong to you. Biafra is only Igboland. Let us see how you supermen will survive in your tiny, landlocked, resourceless 'country', with millions of new arrivals, and zero access to Nigeria's 180 million strong market.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by SirREX94: 5:13pm On May 30, 2016
Bido ebe obula. Ihe ka mkpa bu na imere ka o whota EBEANO!
TheArchangel:
Kedu kwanu ebe nga ebido nnaa
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by SirREX94: 5:17pm On May 30, 2016
Rapu onye NZUZUA, ewu a kpu akpuu ka obu!
TheArchangel:
You need an intellectual exchange.
Your frustration is glaring.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by laribari(m): 5:39pm On May 30, 2016
This people are just wasting their lives, why Igbo politicians are busy eating Nigerian money and Igbo soldiers (indigenes) are among the ones ordered to stop these biafrans. Who is fooling who?

This Biafra protest will not yield anything because they can never win the government. Quit dying already because those Igbo people that experienced Biafra war which that it never happened. They do not pray to experience such again but these youth wey don chop belle ful dey wan start Wetin their papa nor fit do.

Why not just make your vote count, rather than rebel against GOVT? This is a democratic system of GOVT, so ur vote is ur power but thinking because we are in democrazy then u can rebel again anyone in power, you will either end up behind bars or pay with ur life.
Re: Great Clash Between Pro Biafra Activities In Onitsha And The Nigeria Army by SirREX94: 5:40pm On May 30, 2016
''Inexplicable reasons''? ''Ethnic hatred''? Gosh! If there is anything that stirs up these agitations, then you just sighted them but unfortunately ''attributed wrongly''. Have you ever thought of why upon an IGBOIST contesting for the predisency of this colony, others rise against it saying; ''never shall it be''. And in the face of many other forms of marginalisation which all and sundry are aware of, you expect them to be SUFFERING AND SMILING?- Tufaikwa! And if.......truly you are one of US, you need to run a DNA test quickly. Continue being ZOOFIED until ur 4th generations are compeled into SLAVERY! Shine ur eyes!
Rossikk:

(1) (Reply)

Bokoharam Militants Shoot Sporadically Heading Towards Maiduguri Town (PHOTOS) / Buhari Send A Serving Senator To Jail / When Northerner's Come Dancing Over Refusal Of Niger-delta To Join Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.