Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 (8372 Views)

Indonesia 2017 World School Debate: Anambra Contingents Shine! / Nigerian Representatives At Indonesia 2017 World School Debate / Nairaland Inter School Debate: Auchi Polytechnic: Winner 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by murphyibiam15(m): 4:12pm On May 30, 2016
It defeated Taraba and Police teams at the finals of the championship organised by the President’s School Debate Nigeria (PSDN) a non-governmental organisation from May 24 to May 28 in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that PSDN comprised private and public sector stakeholders.

Dr Adaeze Nwauzor, Ebonyi Centenary Debate team leader, told NAN on Monday that Ebonyi would represent Nigeria in an international school debate competition in Indonesia.
“By this feat, we have qualified to represent Nigeria in the forthcoming international school debate competition in Indonesia.

“We were also presented with a trophy by Hajia Aisha Buhari, wife of the President, at a dinner party with the students.
“My team won because of hard work coupled with their intelligence. We took time to select the best students in terms of debate for this competition.

“We started by training the trainers – debate handlers – then we went round the 13 local government areas and selected the best speakers from each local government.
“We went to three zones and selected the best speakers; then at the semi-grand finale, we selected the best speakers,’’ she said.
She commended, Gov. Dave Umahi of Ebonyi, and his wife for their support and commitment to human development.

Nwauzor, who is the Senior Special Adviser to Umahi on Higher Education, said that the governor’s support and passion for educational development of the state contributed to the team’s victory.
She also thanked the organisers, especially, Dare Olotu, PSDN’s National Coordinator and all the members of the committee, for a well organised debate.

NAN recalls that Olotu had at the opening ceremony, said that the essence of the competition was to bring Nigerian students to debate on motions affecting the country.
He said that wining team would have automatic qualification to represent Nigeria in the forthcoming international schools debate in Indonesia.

Olotu said the topics of debate were: “This House Believes that the Agricultural Sector has Better Prospects for Nigeria’s Economic Growth.
“This House Believes that Posting of National Youth Corps Members should be Limited to their Geo-political Zones.’’

No fewer than 13 teams drawn from Taraba, Imo, Niger, Ebonyi, Anambra, Kaduna, Oyo, Sokoto, Benue and FCT, participated in the competition.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ebonyi-team-wins-2016-democracy-school-debate/

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by Goahead(m): 4:18pm On May 30, 2016
Proudly Ebonyian!!!

We're getting there gradually.

17 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by Olive33: 4:20pm On May 30, 2016
Igbo Amaka .... Anyi nwere mmadu

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by JaredNormak: 4:22pm On May 30, 2016
The neglected stone is gradually becoming the chief corner stone.

From and street hawking to winning national debate.

Shame on everybody who has made a bad, baseless and silly remark on Ebonyians.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by Xonology: 4:49pm On May 30, 2016
Proudly Ebonyian.. We don't make noise, we will gradually and quietly get to our destined position. Let them keep insulting us, we don't give a flying fvck angry

Lalasticlala, front page angry

17 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by free2ryhme: 5:23pm On May 30, 2016
who dey debate epp grin
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 30, 2016
Lol congrats to them
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 30, 2016
Sai Ebonyi
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by SageTravels: 5:27pm On May 30, 2016
My Own Ebonyi State. Weldon. guyz
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by hucienda: 5:27pm On May 30, 2016
Congratulations to the hardworking, intelligent students.

Congratulations to Ebonyi.

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by APCcrimes: 5:28pm On May 30, 2016
Yoruba man will be like: "who the debate don epp"....haaaa

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by DaFlash: 5:29pm On May 30, 2016
Anambrans won't truely like this. Why?

Mud soil rule 101- No other ibos must best the Anambrans, talk of them as the alpha ibos grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by FrankValency(m): 5:31pm On May 30, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by jay2pee(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2016
even ordinary ebonyi don dey win national debate.... bbuhari y nah
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by promayor1(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2016
Yea, when it comes to debating; give it up for that state. My friends back then in Holy Ghost sec sch went to Singapore and brought back a trophy

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by samclet(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2016
Congratulation to the. More grace to your elbow
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by SIRmuel86(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2016
Rep'n Igboland Wella cool

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by promayor1(m): 5:35pm On May 30, 2016
jay2pee:

Common brain you no get, keep calling them ordinary and watch them produce the biggest things in different aspect of life

9 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by sirsharks(m): 5:35pm On May 30, 2016
Congrats to them
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by coolzeal(m): 5:36pm On May 30, 2016
jay2pee:
They're not ordinary but from the great Igbo race. Pls be mindful of the words you use..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by sirsharks(m): 5:36pm On May 30, 2016
promayor1:

Common brain you no get, keep calling them ordinary and watch them produce the biggest things in different aspect of life
Help me tell am Abeg

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by sirsharks(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2016
samclet:
Congratulation to the. More grace to your elbow
And more Nurses Lol
Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by Bobo419: 5:37pm On May 30, 2016
The inaugural edition of the debate was held 2006.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 30, 2016
ever since mr dave umahi came in, Ebonyi that was once unheard of is always in the news. congrats to them

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by JahJaa(m): 5:39pm On May 30, 2016
I Love this, i want more good stuff like this.
One thing i respect about Ndi ebonyi is they are hardworking. They have this Natural thing about them. Where ever you see them, they are working, hustling and doing everything possible(Positively) to survive any condition <they are hardly Lazy> and they are always happy, i respect them alot. And i heard the Gov of there state is doing just fine. Ndi Ebonyi Ekenem Unu. Ndi Ebonyi Unu Ga adigide ooooooo.
Igbo Amaka. Igbo nwere mmadu.
Bless you all

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by kingarizona1(m): 5:40pm On May 30, 2016
SageTravels:
My Own Ebonyi State. Weldon. guyz
Xonology:
Proudly Ebonyian.. We don't make noise, we will gradually and quietly get to our destined position. Let them keep insulting us, we don't give a flying fvck angry
Lalasticlala, front page angry
Goahead:
Proudly Ebonyian!!!

I never knew you've got lot of Ebonyians on Naiarland___ Congrats y'all. At first I was thinking its gonna be Anambra state, I'm gonna be like ANAMBRA AGAIN!!! LolZz . God bless Igbo_Nation smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by meeky007(m): 5:42pm On May 30, 2016
clike LIKE if u re 4rm d salt of d nation

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2016
Congratulations to Ebonyi State-The Salt of the Nation.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by engrchykae(m): 5:55pm On May 30, 2016
DaFlash:
Anambrans won't truely like this. Why?

Mud soil rule 101- No other ibos must best the Anambrans, talk of them as the alpha ibos grin grin grin
God hate those who sow discord among brothers.
Are you this mischievous?i know that you are not igbo.
Ojukwu is anambra and achuzie is delta but i love both.
Get off mischief and turn ur bile into billions.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by okeyley: 5:58pm On May 30, 2016
Prouldy one

God bless them

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 by engrchykae(m): 6:00pm On May 30, 2016
Bobo419:
The inaugural edition of the debate was held 2006. And it was won by Aquinas College Akure, the team representing Ondo State.

I was privileged to be a member of the debate team.

How time flies.
massage ur ego,its allowed in the decree of the caliphate of nijeriya

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Beating On The Buttocks And Back Is Sexually Stimulating And Must Be Avoided / Is University Education Overrated? / Weac 2015/2016 Result Out, Check And Upgrade...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.