Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

How To Create A Blog With A Joomla Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create A Blog With A Joomla Website (393 Views)

Free Joomla Website Tutorial(video) / Tips And Tricks To Help You Run A Professional Joomla Website / Fix Ur Wordpress / Joomla / Drupal Site Errors In No Time (Pay after Service) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Blog With A Joomla Website by todhost(m): 8:10pm On May 30, 2016
Blogging is common with WordPress. But can also be done with Joomla. This post will show you how you can makke a blog out of your Joomla website.

Joomla! is a Content Management System based on PHP 5.3+ and MySQL or PostgreSQL database.

There are three steps to it:

1. Install Joomla

2. Configure Joomla to function as a blog

3. Secure your Joomla webbsite.
Joomla Installation Guide

We have ealier detailed the steps involved in manually installing Joomla. Let's briefly look at the simple steps to install Joomla manually:

Login to your Todhost client area.
Access your website cPanel area using the shortcutmethod. This not require you to enter username and pasword.
Scroll down to the software section of our cPanel environment.
Click on QuickInstall or Softaculous.
Select Joomla from the list and click on "Install Joomla".
Enter the required information: select the domain name where you want the installation to be done, enter the installation path if you want it to be installed in a folder, enter the admin email, admin username and the site name.
Click the install button to proceed with automatic installation.

Joomla will now automatically instally and send the login details to the email you have provided during installation.

Read full blog post at: https://www.todhost.com/blog/how-to-create-a-blog-with-a-joomla-website.html

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Blog With A Joomla Website by hostkobo(m): 10:51pm On May 30, 2016
todhost:
Blogging is common with WordPress. But can also be done with Joomla. This post will show you how you can makke a blog out of your Joomla website.

Joomla! is a Content Management System based on PHP 5.3+ and MySQL or PostgreSQL database.

There are three steps to it:

1. Install Joomla

2. Configure Joomla to function as a blog

3. Secure your Joomla webbsite.
Joomla Installation Guide

We have ealier detailed the steps involved in manually installing Joomla. Let's briefly look at the simple steps to install Joomla manually:

Login to your Todhost client area.
Access your website cPanel area using the shortcutmethod. This not require you to enter username and pasword.
Scroll down to the software section of our cPanel environment.
Click on QuickInstall or Softaculous.
Select Joomla from the list and click on "Install Joomla".
Enter the required information: select the domain name where you want the installation to be done, enter the installation path if you want it to be installed in a folder, enter the admin email, admin username and the site name.
Click the install button to proceed with automatic installation.

Joomla will now automatically instally and send the login details to the email you have provided during installation.

Read full blog post at: https://www.todhost.com/blog/how-to-create-a-blog-with-a-joomla-website.html

Chairman Todhost,

I know you are looking for customers to patronize your business, but when you write tutorials, keep in mind that there are a million and million websites that might have published the same information and even more concrete than you have, so dont throw misleading information on their faces.

Im not angry, im speaking for a professional perspective here.

You publish an article about: How to create a blog with a Joomla website. One-third of the article is about Joomla and two-thirds is about tod-hosts services. The title and the content are grossly misleading.

I checked another of your articles titled: A step-by-step guide on how to create a WordPress blog; and you did the same thing.

My point is: allow the reader / visitor to be completely informed about the subject matter first. Let the information you provide be independent of the services you are rendering. You could as well write tutorials specific to your own services and put them in another category, perhaps to be featured in a list by the sidebar or somewhere.

If and when you are seen to be an expert on the free information you provide, they(visitors to your website, etc) will naturally make more enquiries, then it would be easy for you to convert them from mere visitors to potential customers and then to customers. They would eventually ask you to provide such services for them, without actually forcing information about the services down their throats.

The downside of all this is that if you take a summary of articles in a year and summarize them, continuing with your above strategy, your site wont be noted for tutorials and articles that can help the random visitor, your site would just keep on linking to itself. Its like this: what do you call someone who always talks about himself?

I contribute articles on a site where I have running to 4,500 tech articles all around wordpress, joomla, drupal,cms- tutorials, webdesign, hosting, etc., and over time I discovered that people who visited the site, and got help, made comments thanking me for the help I provided through my posts; and asked questions and suggestions about where to get these services from. By that time, it was easy to tell them I could provide such services.

regards
HK

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get 1GB For N100 On Glo / 3 Ways To Make Money Online -nairaland / Shopping Cart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.