Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

President Buhari: 'Why I Respect Goodluck Jonathan' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari: 'Why I Respect Goodluck Jonathan' (514 Views)

Buhari: Why Tinubu Is Better As An Ally Than Opponent / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey / BBC Mocks Buhari:''why Travel Abroad For Treatment"(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari: 'Why I Respect Goodluck Jonathan' by TheophilusA: 12:36am On May 31, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has said he was shocked that former President Goodluck Jonathan conceded defeat so easily after the March 2015 presidential election. Speaking while hosting State House correspondents to a lunch at the Presidential Villa, Abuja as part of activities marking his one year in office, Buhari said, “This is where I pay my respect to former President Goodluck Jonathan. This is actually privileged information for you. He called me at a quarter past five in the evening. He said, ‘Good evening Your Excellency Sir’ and I said, ‘Good evening.’ He said, ‘I have called to congratulate you that I have conceded defeat.’ Of course there was a dead silence on my end because I did not expect it. I was shocked. I did not expect it because after 16 years, the man was a deputy governor, governor, Vice-President and was President for six years. For him to have conceded defeat even before the result was announced by INEC, I think it was quite generous and gracious of him. Gen. Abdulsalami recognised the generosity of Jonathan to concede defeat and said we should go and thank him immediately and that was the first time I came here.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/president-buhari-why-i-respect-goodluck-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 'Why I Respect Goodluck Jonathan' by TheophilusA: 12:37am On May 31, 2016
Re: President Buhari: 'Why I Respect Goodluck Jonathan' by spafu(m): 12:45am On May 31, 2016
Mtcheeew
Waiting the Doctor of Gworo chewing and rearing of gay cattle no fit do for him life time name him Emeritus President Goodluck Jonathan teach when rattle the senile old so tay one year past him no fit do anything rather than to dey reecho campaign promises. One Chance President
Re: President Buhari: 'Why I Respect Goodluck Jonathan' by Mynd44: 6:04am On May 31, 2016
Re: President Buhari: 'Why I Respect Goodluck Jonathan' by kossyablaze(m): 6:12am On May 31, 2016
Mtchew
Re: President Buhari: 'Why I Respect Goodluck Jonathan' by chriskosherbal(m): 6:13am On May 31, 2016
He was a complete gentleman.

(1) (Reply)

5 Jonathan’s Mistakes Buhari Has Repeated / More Trouble For PDP As 2 Of Their Reps Members Defect To APC / I Stand With The Government Against Negotiating With Terrorist (militants).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.