Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari (581 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save / I Can Help You Discipline Your ‘powerful’ Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari / 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari by henroe2k2(m): 2:46am On May 31, 2016
Ado-Ekiti —Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti Statehas said the alleged plot by the Federal Government to prevent him from travelling abroad was inherently unconstitutional and dictatorial.

Miffed at the development, Fayose said; “Under the federal system of government, state governors are not appendages of the President and as a leading opposition figure in Nigeria, he cannot be cowed by President Muhammadu Buhari and his agents.”

Governor Fayose, who spoke through his Special Assistant on Public Communication and New Media, Mr Lere Olayinka was apparently reacting to reports that two governors, one from the South-west and another from the South South have been placed on travel restriction on President Buhari’s order, saying whenever he wished to travel out of Nigeria, he will do so in the full glare of the public.

According to Fayose, “I am not surprised or disappointed by this latest plot of the Buhari’s government because the President Buhari that we know is a man without any atom of respect for the rights of Nigerians and this he demonstrated as a military dictator and now demonstrating as an elected president.”

The governor said he was however amazed that; “This dangerous dimension of compelling a sitting governor that enjoys constitutional immunity like the President to obtain clearance from the Director General of the Department of State Service (DSS) before travelling out of Nigeria can ever be contemplated.”

He said President Buhari should know that under a federal system of government, the states and national government both enjoy some autonomy.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/governors-not-presidents-appointees-fayose-tells-buhari/#
Re: Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari by socialmediaman: 2:51am On May 31, 2016
Re: Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari by Unblockable: 2:51am On May 31, 2016
I didn't bother to read the write-up because this gibberish definitely emanated from the table of Lere Olayinka without being told. Why was he when all these happened? Nobody should come here and tell us we are now in the Government of 'Change' because the embittered Ugandans have never believed in the change mantra.

I could remember how El-Rufai was locked up in a hotel room in Anambra during the Governorship Election that brought in Obiano.
I can't forget so soon how Amaechi and some other (then) Governors were stopped from entering into Ekiti State to campaign for the then Governor Kayode Fayemi on a Thursday morning.
I could remember when the Kano Airport was locked down and Amaechi and some other APC dignitaries were prevented from leaving the Kano State when they went to pay condolence visits to the then Kano State Governor, Kwankwaso over the demise of the then Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero.
I can't forget so soon around November 2014, how Buhari's chattered flight was denied landing permit in Makurdi when he was to meet with Benue APC delegates and stakeholders ahead of the APC Presidential Primaries.
Most Ugandans (PDPians) have forgotten all these. Now they're accusing Buhari of dictatorship just because 2 PDP Governors have been put on a security watch-list (to obtain permission before traveling abroad) due to their Anti-Nigeria' stance!
Re: Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 3:39am On May 31, 2016
Fayose hmmm.
Re: Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari by Osehnetworld(m): 4:49am On May 31, 2016
x
Re: Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 4:57am On May 31, 2016
The this confirms that u are indeed not intelligent
The power of the president if used on one man?? .. . While ask ameachi what he suffered,
Sha ur plan must be cleared for take off??
Re: Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 5:02am On May 31, 2016
Chai! This man talks too much.
I pity his immediate family!
Re: Governors Not President’s Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 5:46am On May 31, 2016
Hahahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Lost Year In Nigeria Under Buhari Leaves Economy On Knees By Bloomberg / Lautech News: Liberal Movement Pictures & Details Upon Their Violence Acts / APC Leaders Agitate For Halt Of CCT On Saraki As Report Filters On One Year@NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.