Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script (906 Views)

Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) / First Ever Gay Muslim Wedding Takes Place In U.K / Nigerian Candidates In U.S. General Elections 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by NairaMinted: 5:53am On May 31, 2016
The ever busy Amerikan military

[size=18pt]'Stuck in Cold War': Beijing says won’t play role in Hollywood-style movie directed by US military[/size]

Published: 30 May 2016 | 14:33 GMT
'Stuck in Cold War': Beijing says won’t play role in Hollywood-style movie directed by US military
AFP
Beijing has accused US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter of having a Cold War mentality, following his statement that China risks creating a "Great Wall of self-isolation" over its actions in the South China Sea.

Speaking at a daily news briefing on Monday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said Carter's remarks “laid bare the stereotypical US thinking and US hegemony.”

“Indeed, there are some in the US who live physically in the 21st century, but whose minds are stuck in the Cold War era,” she said, as quoted by AP.

“China has no interest in any form of Cold War, nor are we interested in playing a role in a Hollywood movie written and directed by certain US military officials. However, China has no fear of and will counter any actions that threaten and undermine China's sovereignty and security," Hua continued.

The remarks come just days after US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said that China risks creating a “Great Wall of self-isolation" through its military expansion in the South China sea and its alleged hacks on US companies.

"China's actions could erect a Great Wall of self-isolation," Carter told graduating officers at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, on Friday. "Countries across the region - allies, partners, and the unaligned - are voicing concerns publicly and privately at the highest levels."

Carter went on to state that the US continues to be concerned about Beijing's actions in the disputed South China Sea, where it has laid claim to almost the entire region.

"China's actions (in the South China Sea) challenge fundamental principles, and we can't look the other way," Carter said.

Responding directly to those statements, Hua said the remarks were aimed at providing cover for Washington's plans to deploy additional military forces to the Asia-Pacific region.

Carter's statements were the latest in a series of critical remarks by Washington in regard to Beijing's behavior in the South China Sea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by Flexherbal(m): 6:43am On May 31, 2016
Ok
Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by bonechamberlain(m): 6:49am On May 31, 2016
America trying to have all nations at their feet. Which would surely destroy them. I believe a real change of govt is what can save USA from self destruction. Its obvious Obama isn't in control.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by NairaMinted: 11:09am On Jun 02, 2016
Every patriotic and well meaning Amerikan (and admirers as well that care about Amerika - such as NairaMinted wink) should as a matter of duty watch The Untold History of the United States. In it, Oliver Stone narrates the ugly side of Amerika which you wouldn't find in your history books or popular literature. He finishes off this brilliant documentary series by warning the good people of Amerika of the dangers that lurk ahead uf Amerika doesn't rein in its militaristic adventurism and curtail its imperialistic ambitions.

This is the same message that true patriots such as Paul Craig Roberts, Stephen Lendman, Stephen Cohen, Noam Chomsky, Robert Parry, David Griffin, Ron Paul and so many others have been conveying down the years. These patriots understand clearly the difference between Hollywood and hard facts and they surely also understand the stark and terrifying scenario that would become Amerika's reality if its imperialistic thirst and control by the "deep state" isn't extinguished.

So here now is the all mighty Amerikan Cheeseburger Navy, like they have in the Baltic Sea, Barents Sea, Black Sea, Straits of Hormuz - and so many others - once again stirring up sh*t in far away South China Sea. I'm afraid this latest effort at "containing China" will end with the Cheesburger Navy up a creek without a paddle.

http://theduran.com/category/sections

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by Missy89(f): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by NairaMinted: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Oh lookey here! It's Missy y'all! Scouring the threads and trolling as usual, trying to sound intellectual and knowledgeable.

Well at least we gotta score Missy for this effort don't we, which is a welcome departure from calling folks pigs, latching unto misdirected posts and snooping on people's lives on the Internet, threatening to expose their "frustrated" lives just because they don't agree with Missy.

For the effort, you get a D.

1 Like

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by Missy89(f): 11:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
NairaMinted:
Oh lookey here! It's Missy y'all! Scouring the the threads and trolling, trying to sound intellectual and knowledgeable.

Well at least we gotta score Missy for this effort which is a welcome departure from calling folks pigs, latching unto misdirected posts and snooping on people's lives on the Internet, threatening to expose their "frustrated" lives just because they don't agree with Missy.

For the effort, you get a D.

Your version of American history by Oliver stone has been torn to shreds. He wont debate Ronald Radosh about the book and movie. He has been on the run ( Just like you). I challenge you to counter the arguments from those 2 links.

Lets start from there if you think you are actually that smart.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by NairaMinted: 1:01am On Jun 03, 2016
Issy Fitty Missy:

1. I don't run. I drop nuggets of truth and leave it there. You troll in and try to derail the thread &disparage the conveyor of the gospel within that thread.

2. Why are you tailing me all over the threads, tapping me on my shoulders and pleading with me to come back & "debate" you? WHY?![ What part of I DO NOT want to "debate" you don't you understand?
It's getting kinda embarrassing to be honest.

3. Why "debate" someone whereupon introducing yourself as NairaMinted, this individual's tactic is something along the lines of first "debunking" why your name can't be NairaMinted, call you colorful names, label you "tiny brained" BUT YET wants to debate you?

Appleyard, Zoharariel and co will be more than happy to accommodate your deepest desires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by NairaMinted: 1:03am On Jun 03, 2016
And yes, I am that smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by Missy89(f): 1:10am On Jun 03, 2016
NairaMinted:
Issy Fitty Missy:

1. I don't run. I drop nuggets of truth and leave it there. You troll in and try to derail the thread disparaged the conveyor of the gospel within that thread.

2. Why are you tailing me all over the threads, tapping me on my shoulders and pleading with me to come back & "debate" you? WHY?![ What part of I DO NOT want to "debate" you don't you understand?

3. Why "debate" someone whereupon introducing yourself as NairaMinted, this individual's tactic is something along the lines of first "debunking" why your name can't be NairaMinted, call you colorful names, label you "tiny brained" BUT YET wants to debate you?

Appleyard, Zoharariel and co will be more than happy to accommodate your deepest desires.

Ok I promise to stop the name calling. Do we have a deal? and shall we begin?

Do not resort to intellectual cowardice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by tsdarkside(m): 6:16am On Jun 03, 2016
Missy89:

Your version of American history by Oliver stone has been torn to shreds. He wont debate Ronald Radosh about the book and movie. He has been on the run ( Just like you). I challenge you to counter the arguments from those 2 links.

Lets start from there if you think you are actually that smart.

Smh

you are one foolish soul...give america up,or drown with it..who cares...............

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stuck In Cold War': Beijing Won't Play In U.S. Directed Hollywood Script by scully95: 11:15am On Jun 04, 2016
NairaMinted:
Issy Fitty Missy:

1. I don't run. I drop nuggets of truth and leave it there. You troll in and try to derail the thread &disparage the conveyor of the gospel within that thread.

I second this. The troll does not even know anything. There is something generally wrong with semi-automatic human, (sub-human or troll) no matter how many times you counter them with Truth or Facts, they always act like sub-human looking for a little weakness, usually chum burn to try discredit or dis-taught historical facts or public opinion. (This again is being used several times by the networks of mind controlling media propaganda machines). also common with most professional Israeli trolls i have encountered...

These ones i am talking about never gree oh. I have countered many of them on yt and fb cos that is where you will find loads of them. ..

In any argument or debate with these kind of trolls, either on-line or on live TV show, you are not the target here, it's those zombies they have managed to recruit with lies, they always target because they know you know the facts and the truth. But for the zombies which are in a different world, will continue to remain a zombie via their tactics....

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

ISIS Leader Al-baghdadi 'killed By US In Raqqa' / Mystery Tree That ‘bears Fruit In The Shape Of WOMEN’ (picture) / See Number Of Soldiers Each African/european Country Are Sending To Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.