Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala (1499 Views)

Tinubu, Dantata, Cole, Ogah, Others Clinch Nigeria’s 1.3mbd Oil Lifting Deal / The Worst Government In Nigeria History. By Femi Aribisala / A Compendium Of Buhari' S Cluelessness: Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by tommykiwi(m): 6:55am On May 31, 2016
It is amusing, if not very disturbing, to see the number of people the Buhari administration has brought out of the woodwork to sing its praises on this its one-year anniversary. Having arrested key spokespersons of the opposition, intimidated the press into silence, threatened the judiciary, and even arrested its non-politician critics, such as Olu Adegboruwa, on trumped up charges, the government has become confident that it has a free pass to feed Nigerians with lies about its woeful performance in office.

Having won a “famous” election by telling Nigerians a tissue of lies which it then repudiated on assuming office, the government continues to believe it can also govern just by continuing to tell lies. Thus, assessing his performance in office over the past one year, the president even went as far as to boast that it has been “a year of triumph.” This shows conclusively that truth has fallen in the street of this misguided Buhari administration; so much so that abject failure has been camouflaged as its triumph.

Deceitful election campaign

In all my years of living in Nigeria, I can say, along with the overwhelming majority of Nigerians, that we have never had it so bad. Only one thing explains the extremities of Nigeria’s miserable predicament today: we have in office a government so singularly inept and incompetent, it has triumphed in making a bad situation so much worse.

In an article last year entitled: “Why Nigerians Must Reject the Second-Coming of Buhari,” I made this observation after listening to Buhari’s vapid campaign speeches:

“It is amazing that, for a man who is running for election as president for a marathon fourth time, Buhari is so bereft of ideas as to how he would do anything if he were to become president. No man becomes president of Nigeria on the basis of vain platitudes. No man becomes president as a result of social media blogs and sound-bites. No man becomes president by giving two-minute speeches in craftily-packaged rallies, one minute of which is spent introducing his entourage.”

However, many Nigerians refused to heed our warning. Now the chickens have come to roost.After listening to President Buhari’s inaugural speech in May 2015, I also had this to say in an article entitled: “Is President Buhari Born Again?”:

“Buhari has been running for president for the last 14 years. Nevertheless, listening to his inaugural speech, it is clear he does not have a clue what exactly to do when in office. Either the APC never really believed it would win the election, or it was too preoccupied with winning to pay sufficient attention to what it would do in the unlikely event that it won.”

Of course, Buhari apologists promptly came to his defence. They claimed it was too early to make such assessment. Let the man settle down.

Baba Do-Nothing

The first 100 days of a new administration provides the best opportunity to proclaim giant strides and pass difficult legislation because it is still the honeymoon period. But our man Buhari squandered this opportunity by doing absolutely nothing. At his 100 days inaugural, I had this assessment:

“After 100 days, it should now be abundantly clear that Buhari is not qualified to be president of 21st century Nigeria. The president has neither agenda nor direction. His cardinal objective is apparently the prosecution of Northern hegemony. The APC desperately needs to organise an intervention, before Buhari drives the country into the ditch. It is time to admit it. Electing Buhari as president was a big national blunder.”

Again, the paid chorus-singers jumped to the president’s defence. They insisted again that 100 days is not enough to make an adequate assessment of a president’s agenda or direction. Buhari still needed to be given more time.

Buhari wasted seven months to choose the members of his cabinet, receiving in the process the ignominy of being nicknamed “Baba Go-Slow.” He promised Nigerians his ministers would be unimpeachable saints and angels. But when the time finally came, they turned out to be the same old and tired politicians, some with serious allegations of corruption hanging over their heads. In an uncharacteristic moment of clarity, Buhari himself castigated them as “noise-makers.” In office, they have been singularly unimpressive without exception.

Abubakar Malami, the Minister of Justice, dropped a fictitious bombshell by declaring that the EFCC has recovered 2 trillion dollars of stolen loot. The Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, dazzled our credibility by saying his ministry has the capacity to generate about 3.4 million jobs in 2016 alone through pencil production. Lai Mohammed, another of the government’s bamboozlers, said the government would use the N1.4 trillion in the TSA as Father Christmas handouts for Nigeria’s poorest 20 million. This kind of blatantly false hot air has become the stock-in-trade of this APC government.

source....http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/05/31/173083/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by otukpo(f): 7:03am On May 31, 2016
Femi is always on point.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by asadike(f): 7:08am On May 31, 2016
My Brother,u cant hide pregnancy, so also is truth. Some people just chose to lie to themselves.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by oduastates: 7:11am On May 31, 2016
Just reading the usual rubbish from Aribisala dropped My IQ by 50%.
Coming Just after reading a fantastic article by Chris Hedges about the American society , this is the usual diet of rubbish that Nigerians feast on.

Nothing more than an early morning brain fart.
It ain't philosophical.
It is not backed up by data or stats.
Absolutely no historical perspective or comparison.
It is true because the so called expert( a quack party apparachnik posing as an independent journalist) says so.
I have no doubt that some of the dansuki corrupt money would eventually be traced to you know whom.
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by mbaboy(m): 7:14am On May 31, 2016
Buhari u fall zombie hands not mine. Femi always on point

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 7:20am On May 31, 2016
we should ask femi,who would have been the better option at 2015 polls?
I feel sorrow for men who sing praises of PDP as the best thing to ever happen to Nigeria with the years of corruption,wasteful and meaningless spendings and projects PDP couldn't do anything meaningful we still have bad roads,poor electricity, rotten infrastructures, unemployment, and this mad dog is barking at a one year government suffering from crippling oil price.
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by DAVEZONIGLTD: 7:30am On May 31, 2016
May God help Nigeria.
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by funkydislo: 7:32am On May 31, 2016
Anybody who believe this boy will believe that England is in asia.
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by kodded(m): 7:37am On May 31, 2016
[s]
oduastates:
Coming Just after reading a fantastic article by Chris Hedges about the American society , this is the usual diet of rubbish that Nigerians feast on.

It ain't philosophical.
It is true because the so called expert( a quack party apparachnik posing as an independent journalist) says so.
I have no doubt that some of the dansuki corrupt money would eventually be traced to you know whom.
[/s]

undecided undecided undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3121061_27046102538364wetinudeytalkjpeg216c2dc0d07dc999b187b2240b64bc7bjpeg573628e917ecfc650298ab531aa39f2e_jpegb00970a3bd0127cb27f3b6473981620e

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by mrvitalis(m): 7:38am On May 31, 2016
In a real country u should be in jail right now
But u guys took us back a long way that Nigerians got used to that way of life, so showing them the right way is going to be not too easy
Just relax, it's a four year term
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by Immunity1(f): 7:41am On May 31, 2016
You will soon be incarcerated continue
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 7:42am On May 31, 2016
Femi is an ipod yoot-- zombies.
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by Flets: 7:44am On May 31, 2016
Spot On
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by nnachukz(m): 8:25am On May 31, 2016
oduastates:

It ain't philosophical.
Which IQ? My dear just like similar robots, it is not your free will to use the hardwired program. It is the factory embedded type, nobody can help you reprogram it to accommodate realities on ground, so I know why you typed what you typed up there.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by tommykiwi(m): 8:42am On May 31, 2016
oduastates:

It ain't philosophical.
Sorry to say this, i don't think U are a Nigerian..

1 Like

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by belente(m): 9:29am On May 31, 2016
Faultless article by mr femi

1 Like

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by bender79: 9:36am On May 31, 2016
Trash upon trash..That PDP propagandist/ apologist called femi cannot be taken seriously.
Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by gare(f): 10:03am On May 31, 2016
tommykiwi:
It is amusing, if not very disturbing, to see the number of people the Buhari administration has brought out of the woodwork to sing its praises on this its one-year anniversary. Having arrested key spokespersons of the opposition, intimidated the press into silence, threatened the judiciary, and even arrested its non-politician critics, such as Olu Adegboruwa, on trumped up charges, the government has become confident that it has a free pass to feed Nigerians with lies about its woeful performance in office.

Having won a “famous” election by telling Nigerians a tissue of lies which it then repudiated on assuming office, the government continues to believe it can also govern just by continuing to tell lies. Thus, assessing his performance in office over the past one year, the president even went as far as to boast that it has been “a year of triumph.” This shows conclusively that truth has fallen in the street of this misguided Buhari administration; so much so that abject failure has been camouflaged as its triumph.

Deceitful election campaign

In all my years of living in Nigeria, I can say, along with the overwhelming majority of Nigerians, that we have never had it so bad. Only one thing explains the extremities of Nigeria’s miserable predicament today: we have in office a government so singularly inept and incompetent, it has triumphed in making a bad situation so much worse.

In an article last year entitled: “Why Nigerians Must Reject the Second-Coming of Buhari,” I made this observation after listening to Buhari’s vapid campaign speeches:

“It is amazing that, for a man who is running for election as president for a marathon fourth time, Buhari is so bereft of ideas as to how he would do anything if he were to become president. No man becomes president of Nigeria on the basis of vain platitudes. No man becomes president as a result of social media blogs and sound-bites. No man becomes president by giving two-minute speeches in craftily-packaged rallies, one minute of which is spent introducing his entourage.”

However, many Nigerians refused to heed our warning. Now the chickens have come to roost.After listening to President Buhari’s inaugural speech in May 2015, I also had this to say in an article entitled: “Is President Buhari Born Again?”:

“Buhari has been running for president for the last 14 years. Nevertheless, listening to his inaugural speech, it is clear he does not have a clue what exactly to do when in office. Either the APC never really believed it would win the election, or it was too preoccupied with winning to pay sufficient attention to what it would do in the unlikely event that it won.”

Of course, Buhari apologists promptly came to his defence. They claimed it was too early to make such assessment. Let the man settle down.

Baba Do-Nothing

The first 100 days of a new administration provides the best opportunity to proclaim giant strides and pass difficult legislation because it is still the honeymoon period. But our man Buhari squandered this opportunity by doing absolutely nothing. At his 100 days inaugural, I had this assessment:

“After 100 days, it should now be abundantly clear that Buhari is not qualified to be president of 21st century Nigeria. The president has neither agenda nor direction. His cardinal objective is apparently the prosecution of Northern hegemony. The APC desperately needs to organise an intervention, before Buhari drives the country into the ditch. It is time to admit it. Electing Buhari as president was a big national blunder.”

Again, the paid chorus-singers jumped to the president’s defence. They insisted again that 100 days is not enough to make an adequate assessment of a president’s agenda or direction. Buhari still needed to be given more time.

Buhari wasted seven months to choose the members of his cabinet, receiving in the process the ignominy of being nicknamed “Baba Go-Slow.” He promised Nigerians his ministers would be unimpeachable saints and angels. But when the time finally came, they turned out to be the same old and tired politicians, some with serious allegations of corruption hanging over their heads. In an uncharacteristic moment of clarity, Buhari himself castigated them as “noise-makers.” In office, they have been singularly unimpressive without exception.

Abubakar Malami, the Minister of Justice, dropped a fictitious bombshell by declaring that the EFCC has recovered 2 trillion dollars of stolen loot. The Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, dazzled our credibility by saying his ministry has the capacity to generate about 3.4 million jobs in 2016 alone through pencil production. Lai Mohammed, another of the government’s bamboozlers, said the government would use the N1.4 trillion in the TSA as Father Christmas handouts for Nigeria’s poorest 20 million. This kind of blatantly false hot air has become the stock-in-trade of this APC government.

source....http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/05/31/173083/

I salute your courage and greet you sir for this write up, I had expected the likes of Prof. Soyinka, Pastor Bakare, Falana and the rest of them from the north to speak up but everyone seems to be quiet.

What most people have failed to understand is that criticism doesn't mean you hate this Govt or the President or you want the President to fail, but its expected that whenever you are criticised you sit up and do the right thing, no one has the monopoly of knowledge alone, so when people talk even from the opposition, you should listen and take ideas from them.

It's over 1yr since he assumed office but we don't seem to understand the direction the nation is moving to, the policies so far are not helping the economy, the minister are afraid to act and talk everyone seems to be looking at the face of the President and his body language.

The issues currently happening in the Niger Delta and Eastern part of the country are poorly managed, as a matter of fact he should call for the confab report and take a look at it, there should be something in there that can be useful to his government and the country at large.

It's not too late for the President to have a look at the composition of his cabinet and his policies it's not too late to make amends and the this nation on the right path of development.

On the issues of corruption, I feel the President is only going after his enemies and the PDP to see that they cannot not pressure him or this Govt, all none mouthpiece of the party are currently being held down by one corrupt charges or the other, so no one can speak, but this APC Govt is till very much involved in corrupt practices and how many of such corrupt Govt officials or public officials are been investigated or in court, you can't come and tell us you're fighting corruption and you go after others and your own house hold is left to rot away.

As the President of this nation, he should show love for every tribe and religion, he should not be sympathetic to only issues that affects the north only if not he is not fit to be a leader of this nation. the killings that took place in the southeast should be condemned by the President, and this govt the issues of the herdsmen should also be condemned by this Govt and the President he shouldn't not remain mute over this issues he is the President of this nation and should act accordingly.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by Pwayne2016(m): 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
God bless you Femi

The true son of his Father

Dis Government is not just worst in Nigeria History but currently the worst on Earth

1 Like

Re: The Worst Government In The History Of Nigeria (1), By Femi Aribisala by ThreeGEEKS(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
The problem with Nigeria is not bad economy or lack of money. The problem with Nigeria is the bad mentality we have of not believing in ourselves.
Imagine a president like Mr Buhari, going on national television and saying "I'm going to UK to rest and treat ear infection" so in the whole of Nigeria, there's no place to rest again, abi
For the love of God, in America when the president wants to take his leave he goes to Camp David in Maryland, USA. He doesn't go to Kenya or Dubai undecided.

When he needs medical treatment, he remains in USA. How can something as small as an ear infection be used as an excuse. It's quite shameful if you ask me cry.
A typical American will buy an iPhone or any other Apple product regardless of the cost just to be patriotic embarassed.

And until we rid ourselves of too much unnecessary dependence on the outside world and focus on buy Nigeria to grow the Naira, we are going nowhere cry

(1) (Reply)

FG Extends Public Holidays For Eid-el Fitr Celebration Till Thursday / APC Has Confirmed Our Position On Ekweremadu's Kangaroo Trial - PDP / Has Anyone Sighted Aisha Buhari In Nigeria After Her Visit To USA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.