Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget (1869 Views)

N2m Budgeted For Fumigation In State House Before Rats Damaged Buhari's Office / Fayose Poses In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Ruling (photos) / Why Are Computers Budgeted For Every Year? – Sen. Abaribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by tbaba1234: 8:30am On May 31, 2016
Completion Of Construction Of A Mausoleum And Library Complex In Honour Of Late Rt. Hon. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe: 914,860,046
Provision Of Furnishings In The New Mausoleum And Library Complex In Honour Of Late Rt. Hon. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe: 110,041,625

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016app/Works%20Power%20Housing.pdf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by SuperStiker: 8:42am On May 31, 2016
Can this be true?
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by tbaba1234: 8:50am On May 31, 2016
SuperStiker:
Can this be true?

It is true check the Budget..
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by LoveMachine(m): 8:57am On May 31, 2016
This gon be good...
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by jamesibor: 8:59am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:
Completion Of Construction Of A Mausoleum And Library Complex In Honour Of Late Rt. Hon. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe: 914,860,046
Provision Of Furnishings In The New Mausoleum And Library Complex In Honour Of Late Rt. Hon. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe: 110,041,625

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016app/Works%20Power%20Housing.pdf

@op, budgeting is one thing, implementation is another.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by tbaba1234: 9:00am On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:
@op, budgeting is one thing, implementation is another.

Well, the intention has been shown. As long as the money is there. I have no doubt, it will be implemented.

2 Likes

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by idensko(m): 9:05am On May 31, 2016
Where is d Library located?
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by tbaba1234: 9:06am On May 31, 2016
idensko:

It will most likely be in his home state.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by SirVintageCock: 9:08am On May 31, 2016
The same mausoleum and library they have been building since Zik died and this is the 20th year of his death.

1 Like

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by jamesibor: 9:41am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

Well, the intention has been shown. As long as the money is there. I have no doubt, it will be implemented.

OBJ always budgeted for the 2nd Niger Bridge.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by tbaba1234: 9:42am On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:

OBJ always budgeted for the 2nd Niger Bridge.

This is not OBJ

4 Likes

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by jamesibor: 9:58am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

This is not OBJ

We can’t fund every project in 2016 budget – Adeosun

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/cant-fund-every-project-2016-budget-adeosun/
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:05am On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:

She said: “So what we are now doing is project first. Tell us what you are going to do with the money, give us your milestones. I can’t promise you that every single agency will receive every single Naira in the budget, that will be untrue and that will be a misleading impression.

“However, what I will assure is that there will be no favouritism, there will be no need for anybody to come and lobby in our office for the release of funds. Funds will be released first on priority of projects, MDAs must make request for the capital and we must measure how the capital is spent.”

That does not mean there would not be improvement and development in the South East and South South regions.

She was talking in respect of accountability. This government has targets and goals. If we can put aside our differences, we will take giant strides despite the economic challenges.

#IfBuhariFailsWeFail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by tbaba1234: 10:06am On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:

I listened to her speech..

With all the pipeline disruptions, ofcourse, it will be difficult to get all the money necessary.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08am On May 31, 2016
I have been saying this and I will continue saying it. This is our best chance to uplift our Nation. This is the chance to have a better Nigeria.

However, this is the time people are fighting to destroy the economy to prevent the growth of Nigeria and their regions.

The Niger Delta Avengers who are bombing pipelines are preventing the Coastal Railway that will bring growth to a lot of Niger Delta communities.

This is the worst time to fight the Government.

#ShunEthnicAndTribalBigotry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by ASL33: 10:09am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

I listened to her speech..

With all the pipeline disruptions, ofcourse, it will be difficult to get all the money necessary.
when she made the statement their was no pipeline destruction.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10am On May 31, 2016
SnowJay92:

There's enough problems to go round in this country, the earlier we recognize we're all in this sinking ship together, and start doing something about it together, the better for us all.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by EastLebanon(m): 10:10am On May 31, 2016
And so what?,NB:this isn't done to appease the igbos,it's because he's the first president of the nation.ghana budgeted alot for their first presiddent kwame nkrumah,south africa also budget a lot for the remembrance of nelson mandela.nigeria is only doing so to feel among others period.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by tbaba1234: 10:11am On May 31, 2016
ASL33:
when she made the statement their was no pipeline destruction.

That report was May 27, 2016. She made the statement a few days earlier.

There had been lots of pipeline vandalism.

1 Like

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by jamesibor: 10:31am On May 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

She said: “So what we are now doing is project first. Tell us what you are going to do with the money, give us your milestones. I can’t promise you that every single agency will receive every single Naira in the budget, that will be untrue and that will be a misleading impression.

“However, what I will assure is that there will be no favouritism, there will be no need for anybody to come and lobby in our office for the release of funds. Funds will be released first on priority of projects, MDAs must make request for the capital and we must measure how the capital is spent.”

That does not mean there would not be improvement and development in the South East and South South regions.

She was talking in respect of accountability. This government has targets and goals. If we can put aside our differences, we will take giant strides despite the economic challenges.

#IfBuhariFailsWeFail

We are talking about a mausoleum here bro.

@ the part in bold, if Buhari fails, I haven't failed. Those that voted for him failed.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by tbaba1234: 11:07am On May 31, 2016
EastLebanon:
And so what?,NB:this isn't done to appease the igbos,it's because he's the first president of the nation.ghana budgeted alot for their first presiddent kwame nkrumah,south africa also budget a lot for the remembrance of nelson mandela.nigeria is only doing so to feel among others period.

Every project is done because he is the president, not to appease anyone.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by ascendo(m): 11:19am On May 31, 2016
idensko:
in his compound @Inisi Onira...

1 Like

Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by SWG25: 11:30am On May 31, 2016
Whats the importance of this thread?
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34pm On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:

We are talking about a mausoleum here bro.

@ the part in bold, if Buhari fails, I haven't failed. Those that voted for him failed.

That is like saying if the price of tomatoes rise in Nigeria, it is only those who voted for President Buhari who will buy tomatoes at exorbitant prices.

If our economy does not improve under President Buhari, it is not only those who voted President Buhari who will find things difficult.

We can win if we fight together.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by jamesibor: 1:26pm On May 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is like saying if the price of tomatoes rise in Nigeria, it is only those who voted for President Buhari who will buy tomatoes at exorbitant prices.

If our economy does not improve under President Buhari, it is not only those who voted President Buhari who will find things difficult.

We can win if we fight together.

Well, I agree we will suffer together but I couldn't have been said to have failed as I knew the man b4 now and knew what the economy would be like under him. Am I surprised at the outcome so far? NO.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:

Well, I agree we will suffer together but I couldn't have been said to have failed as I knew the man b4 now and knew what the economy would be like under him. Am I surprised at the outcome so far? NO.

During the election, I said repeatedly that there was a tough storm coming because of the wastage. Not President Buhari. There was total waste of our resources.

That was why we needed President Buhari to win because we might not feel the heat by now, due to reckless dipping of the Government into our reserves and fake economic statistics.

When our reserves deplete, we would have been in a worse situation than what we are now.

Just as some of our Militants think they are hurting President Buhari by bombing pipelines. It is us who suffers. Those bombing, those supporting them and those warning against the bombing.

We should stop wishing the President failure because we need to unite to solve our problems. Division only brings war, death and losses.

#UnitedWeStand
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by jamesibor: 1:56pm On May 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

During the election, I said repeatedly that there was a tough storm coming because of the wastage. Not President Buhari. There was total waste of our resources.

That was why we needed President Buhari to win because we might not feel the heat by now, due to reckless dipping of the Government into our reserves and fake economic statistics.

When our reserves deplete, we would have been in a worse situation than what we are now.

Just as some of our Militants think they are hurting President Buhari by bombing pipelines. It is us who suffers. Those bombing, those supporting them and those warning against the bombing.

We should stop wishing the President failure because we need to unite to solve our problems. Division only brings war, death and losses.

#UnitedWeStand

Is it the wastage that created the archaic monetary policies which created uncertainties forcing Foreign investors to pull out their investments in droves causing massive depletion of our forex capacity?

Is what is happening today any different from what happened in 1984/85?
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:02pm On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:

Is it the wastage that created the archaic monetary policy uncertainties forcing Foreign investors to pull out their investments in droves causing massive depletion of our forex capacity?

Is what is happening today any different from what happened in 1984/85?

The Monetary policy is not the main reason why things are like this. Remember, the economy was already crashing before President Buhari came into power.

NOI already dipped her hands into the ECA. GEJ already borrowed to pay Salaries.

I am sure it was not President Buhari's policies that cost that and NOI and GEJ played with the so called policies people clamour for but, the economy kept crashing.

With the so called policies people want and GEJ in power, things would still go downward and we would have been in a worse situation.

That is a fact. GEJ was lost and the only way was borrow or collect from ECA or Reserves. When the money finishes, what happens? That is what President Buhari is preventing by being strict with his policies.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by jamesibor: 2:23pm On May 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The Monetary policy is not the main reason why things are like this. Remember, the economy was already crashing before President Buhari came into power.

NOI already dipped her hands into the ECA. GEJ already borrowed to pay Salaries.

I am sure it was not President Buhari's policies that cost that and NOI and GEJ played with the so called policies people clamour for but, the economy kept crashing.

With the so called policies people want and GEJ in power, things would still go downward and we would have been in a worse situation.

That is a fact. GEJ was lost and the only way was borrow or collect from ECA or Reserves. When the money finishes, what happens? That is what President Buhari is preventing by being strict with his policies.

OBJ met oil price at $9 per barrel, foreign reserve at $3.5bn, foreign debt @ $32bn and was able to make impact in the first year. Buhari met oil price at $40 per barrel, foreign reserve +ECA at about $32bn and foreign debt of about $8bn.

Stop making excuses for failure.

Agreed Buhari is not a thief and won't steal money, he has failed on the economy but I pray he gets it right in the remaining three years.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:30pm On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:

OBJ met oil price at $9 per barrel, foreign reserve at $3.5bn, foreign debt @ $32bn and was able to make impact in the first year. Buhari met oil price at $40 per barrel, foreign reserve +ECA at about $32bn and foreign debt of about $8bn.

Stop making excuses for failure.

Agreed Buhari is not a thief and won't steal money, he has failed on the economy but I pray he gets it right in the remaining three years.

It is not called excuses but the reason and causes.

Even if you bring OBJ now, he will not perform magic. The wage structure has increased and Petrol consumption has climbed. Crude Oil prices went up during OBJ's reign and we hope it reverses under President Buhari.

OBJ did not deal with the level of Boko Haram crisis, the Biafran uprising or the Militants sabotage. So there is no way you expect OBJ to dance over this.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by jamesibor: 2:58pm On May 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is not called excuses but the reason and causes.

Even if you bring OBJ now, he will not perform magic. The wage structure has increased and Petrol consumption has climbed. Crude Oil prices went up during OBJ's reign and we hope it reverses under President Buhari.

OBJ did not deal with the level of Boko Haram crisis, the Biafran uprising or the Militants sabotage. So there is no way you expect OBJ to dance over this.

Wage bill is paid in Naira after converting warned dollars to naira.

When obj came in, $1 was officially N22, meaning that for every $1 he earned, he got N22 which implies that a barrel of oil @ $9 got him 9×22 = N198

When Buhari came in, $1 was officially N165 meaning that for every $1 he earned, he got N165 implying that for every barrel of crude oil @ $40, he got 40×165 = N6,600

So for every N198 OBJ got, Buhari got N6,600.
Re: Amount Budgeted For Nnamdi Azikiwe's Mausoleum/ Library In 2016 Budget by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:16pm On May 31, 2016
jamesibor:

Wage bill is paid in Naira after converting warned dollars to naira.

When obj came in, $1 was officially N22, meaning that for every $1 he earned, he got N22 which implies that a barrel of oil @ $9 got him 9×22 = N198

When Buhari came in, $1 was officially N165 meaning that for every $1 he earned, he got N165 implying that for every barrel of crude oil @ $40, he got 40×165 = N6,600

So for every N198 OBJ got, Buhari got N6,600.

You are making look as if Obama worked with $9 a barrel throughout his tenure. It went up until he was able to pay. His wage bills were considerably less and Buhari has more challenging projects.

Are you saying if OBJ takes over now, in one year the economy will turn around?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confusion Over Buhari's Health Status: Read The President's Letter To The Senate / Photos:evidence Shows That Amaechi Lied About Nigerian Maritime University,delta / Edo Poll: Live Update From The Edo Election Petition Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.