Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network (943 Views)

Pls How Can I Switch On My N85 Bluetooth Head Set / Phone Unecessary Downloading Apps. Plz Help / My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network by Nobody: 10:17am On May 31, 2016
Pls experts in the house what do I do to stop my phone from downloading app without my consent and how to stop it from displaying pop up ads on my display screen whenever's I'm browsing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network by pendusky(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2016
Ahdeixa001:
Pls experts in the house what do I do to stop my phone from downloading app without my consent and how to stop it from displaying pop up ads on my display screen whenever's I'm browsing.

Open Google play store and go to settings and Uncheck "Auto App Update"

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network by industrious: 10:55am On May 31, 2016
You have got a ghost push/monkey test virus.. Best way is to flash your phone stock rom all over again
Re: How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 31, 2016
pendusky:

Open Google play store and go to settings and Uncheck "Auto App Update"

I did what you said but the pop up ads still show
Re: How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 31, 2016
industrious:
You have got a ghost push/monkey test virus.. Best way is to flash your phone stock rom all over again

My phone isn't rooted, and how do I go about flashing my stock rom
Re: How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network by pendusky(m): 6:00pm On May 31, 2016
Ahdeixa001:

I did what you said but the pop up ads still show

I have same issue about the add, and in app setting I didn't seem to find where to uninstall the app. you need to format your phone. that's exactly what I did. then be careful not to install app via Opera mini or browsers except via Google play store.
Re: How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2016
pendusky:

I have same issue about the add, and in app setting I didn't seem to find where to uninstall the app. you need to format your phone. that's exactly what I did. then be careful not to install app via Opera mini or browsers except via Google play store.

I also used cc cleaner and it detected some processes that affected my phone performance, I force stopped and disenabled the process and viola the ads stopped popping up on my screen and no more unwanted downloads.
I'm just sharing in case you have the same problem, but I guess if you want to completely remove them you would have to format the ROM.

(1) (Reply)

HTC One Mini Two Phone For SALE.. . / Tecno L8 Plus Battery Fault / See What Happened To This Man While Using His Samsung Note7. (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.