Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

He Pushed His Wife To Save Himself, He Wasn’t Wrong - Find Out Why He Is Right - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / He Pushed His Wife To Save Himself, He Wasn’t Wrong - Find Out Why He Is Right (481 Views)

Show Of Shame As Oluwo, Ooni Clash! Ooni Of Ife’s Security Guard Pushed Me, Oluw / Predict/prophesy Subjects Of Threads To Be Pushed To The Front Page By The Mods / Animal Lovers Strip Off And Run Unclad In London Zoo To Save Endangered Tigers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Pushed His Wife To Save Himself, He Wasn’t Wrong - Find Out Why He Is Right by Slytee(m): 1:10pm On May 31, 2016

Most time, I wonder why we humans, feel the need of judging and degrading others. It’s human nature to compare ourselves to others, whether it’s to our family members, peers or even celebrities we see in the media. We always base these comparison or judgments on ourselves and others.

People are very much different. No two people are completely alike. We need to accept these differences and stop judging people. It is hurtful to the victim because it makes them look bad. Even if one does not verbalize their judgments, it does not mean their insensitive thoughts are acceptable. It goes with the saying: If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

While walking on the road, it’s easy to look at the person walking past you and make quick judgments. These judgments are usually based upon their outward appearance. This leads to the notion which says ‘looks do not make a person’. So what if the girl is wearing a crazy outfit or if that boy has green hair? Does this make them a freak and a target for ridicule?

The answer is absolutely NO.

Who are we to judge how others act, look or what the do?

A teacher was teaching her class and relayed to them a story about a cruise ship that capsized at the deep sea. And on that ship was a couple that managed to make their way to a lifeboat, but then realized there was only space for one person left.

At that moment, the man pushed the woman behind him and jumped onto the lifeboat himself. The woman stood on the sinking ship and shouted one sentence to her husband.

The teacher stopped for a moment and asked the students, “What do you think she shouted?”

Most of the students excitedly answered: “I hate you! I was blind!”

The teacher noticed a boy who was silent throughout, she got him to answer and he replied: “Teacher, I believe she would have shouted – Take care of our child!”

The teacher was surprised, asking: “Have you heard this story before?”

The boy shook his head: “Nope, but that was what my mom told my dad before she died of a disease.”

The teacher lamented: “The answer is right.”

The cruise ship sunk, the man went home and brought up their daughter single-handedly.

Many years later after the death of the man, their daughter found his diary while tidying his belongings.

It turns out that when parents went onto the cruise ship, the mother was already diagnosed with terminal illness. At the critical moment, the father rushed to the only chance of survival.

He wrote in his diary:

“How I wished am at the bottom of the ocean with you, but for the sake of our daughter, I can only let you lie forever below the sea alone.”
The story is finished.

The class was completely silent so the teacher knows that the students understood the moral of the story, that of there are many complications in the world which are hard to understand. That is why we should never judge others without understanding them first.

There are people who like paying bill for there friends. The do not do so because they are loaded with money but because they value friendship above money.

There are people who take initiative to work. The do not do so because they are stupid but because they understand the concept of responsibility.

There are people who apologize first after a fight. The do not do so because they are wrong but because they value the people around them.

Those who often text you, do not do so because they have nothing better to do but because you are in their heart.

One day, all of us will get separated from each other. We will miss our conversations and the dreams we had. Days, months and years will pass until this contact becomes rare.

One day, our children will see our pictures and ask: “Who are these people?”

And we will smile with invisible tears because a heart is touched with a strong word and you will say: “It was them that I had the best days of my life with.”

So never judge others without understanding them instead try to see the best in them.

Read More @ [url]Betamotive.com[/url]
Re: He Pushed His Wife To Save Himself, He Wasn’t Wrong - Find Out Why He Is Right by queendalyn(f): 1:11pm On May 31, 2016
too long

(1) (Reply)

BOA Grants N10.4million Loan To Aba Leather Manufacturers / Court Rules Anal Tests On ‘gay Suspects’ Legal / Association Of Nigerian Electricity Distributors ANED Recruitment 2016 - Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.