Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians (56614 Views)

Before And After Photos Of Rashidi Yekini’s Mother’s House... / Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara (photo) / Rashidi Yekini's Abandoned House In Ibadan As He Marks 4th Anniversary 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by goldbim(f): 5:10pm On May 31, 2016
femi4:
Their stepfather is responsible for their upkeep.

Mama is in charge of all Yekini's properties. Non of the kids is interested.

All the house rent goes to Mama and relatives
Now look @a reasonable man here!!thanks for the insight!. cool cool
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Leebeedo(m): 5:11pm On May 31, 2016
No social security, even athough old age. Funny country!
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by ipreach: 5:24pm On May 31, 2016
good one
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by MrOdyssey(m): 5:25pm On May 31, 2016
nice move but mehn.. the coke and fanta is too much na.. dats alot of sugar 4 an old women. Nice move sha. peace out
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by frisky2good(m): 5:36pm On May 31, 2016
What happened to the house her son built for her?
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by BABANGBALI: 5:48pm On May 31, 2016
I never hear say Seun or lala help anybody before

Na who dem epp?
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by BABANGBALI: 5:49pm On May 31, 2016
frisky2good:
What happened to the house her son built for her?
I dey come make I Google am
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by otiigba1(m): 5:58pm On May 31, 2016
Absolute bullcrap! What? 2 crates of coca cola and 2 plastic bags of i dont know what? Garri maybe
Disgracefull! Is this the best they can do?
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Maximeo(m): 6:02pm On May 31, 2016
SmithHumble50:
But no be Rashidi Beautiful daughters that were in Lagos office of NFF?

Dos girls look polished and I heard dey are in Skols in the UK..

So why is their grand ma in dis state?

Why must people snap pictures when u offer goodwill stuffs?

What is my own sef... undecided

Obama papa parents do not live Porsche
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Emeka71(m): 6:44pm On May 31, 2016
SmithHumble50:
But no be Rashidi Beautiful daughters that were in Lagos office of NFF?

Dos girls look polished and I heard dey are in Skols in the UK..

So why is their grand ma in dis state?

Why must people snap pictures when u offer goodwill stuffs?

What is my own sef... undecided
Pictures are snapped for documentation purpose.
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Emeka71(m): 6:49pm On May 31, 2016
BABANGBALI:
I never hear say Seun or lala help anybody before

Na who dem epp?
Seun has done a great help to Nigerians by establishing this forum .
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by BABANGBALI: 7:04pm On May 31, 2016
Emeka71:
Seun has done a great help to Nigerians by establishing this forum .
yinmu

Where does all the money from the adverts go?I guess your pockets
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Jossibest(m): 7:44pm On May 31, 2016
God shal feel all ur hands an pockets double wt wat u gav to dis old woman hu hv sufferd an gv birth to a well known man in dis great country nigeria wich our rulers nt leaders cos we dnt hv leaders abandon her like d orda woman too late sam okwarag's mother too.
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Madinka: 8:02pm On May 31, 2016
[quote author=mindfreaks post=46143003]and what happen to the other old woman that has no recognition??[/quote ]. You can as well take that upon yourself , as you have been showned the to do it.
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Akinrogun(m): 8:19pm On May 31, 2016
otiigba1:
Absolute bullcrap! What? 2 crates of coca cola and 2 plastic bags of i dont know what? Garri maybe
Disgracefull! Is this the best they can do?

MrCork:

...they gave her Coke & Garri....is that Special? ....u homebase people mennnnn!!(no oofeinse) undecided

balderdash.....hogwash......what did u give.

My naija peeps will say "who u epp"....
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Akinrogun(m): 8:29pm On May 31, 2016
Duru009:
una try.
why giving the old woman sugar to drink at her age.
una wan kill the poor old woman
mrbash6113:
you people want to give her diabetes? haba Coca-Cola all over her room

Calm down.....re-read the article slowly.

Those items were meant to augment stock in her trading shop.

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by 0ubenji(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2016
Sometin does baffle me tho..

These woman's grandchildren were in d news less than 48hrs ago, looking fresh and boxed up..
I asked myself if these two babes in questn know they stil av a gmum somewhr...coz the lifestyle nd standard of living depicted by these babes is a direct opposite of their pitiful gmum's..
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Jarus(m): 9:00pm On May 31, 2016
goldbim:
Wow,that's thoughtful of them..but does it mean there is no provision for her from Late rasheed's properties or even from his siblings..?also,how come his kids are studying abroad comfortably??.maybe there's something going on in the family the public don't know about.jst saying..tho..

There are some issues in their family (lawyer, wives etc). But we didn't want to dwell on their private family matters. We just concentrated on helping the woman in our own little way.

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Emeka71(m): 9:07pm On May 31, 2016
BABANGBALI:
yinmu

Where does all the money from the adverts go?I guess your pockets
The money is used in developing this forum we all enjoy .
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by goldbim(f): 9:22pm On May 31, 2016
Jarus:

There are some issues in their family (lawyer, wives etc). But we didn't want to dwell on their private family matters. We just concentrated on helping the woman in our own little way.
lovely!!good to know sir..may God replenish every pocket that has supported her one way or the other...
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 31, 2016
Btppolitics:
so Government is meant to bear every single burden of individuals?

....hmmm. "ignorance" " ignorance" how many times did I call you,

it is the government responsibility to Carter for these categories of people

...(1) the elderly
...(2) disabilities
...(3) people with terminal ill
...(4) the orphan
...(5) free health care
...(6) free education up to secondary school
Just to mention a few ..

travel outside Africa then u will agree with me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Coolgent(m): 1:00am On Jun 01, 2016
Hmm Some wicked souls will use this opportunity to scam people
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by zomby(m): 4:28am On Jun 01, 2016
Not good enough.

My question is how long are these few commodities will last?
I will be impressed if something tangible is put in place to ensure that mama gets proper care for the rest of her life. Her son was a super star that represented this nation...She deserves more, she deserves excellent care.
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Jarus(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2016
DisGuy:
well done mr jarus and friends

thought you were a chartered accountant so you are also a chattered akantant according to this naija writer grin

double tuale

No mind these our journalists and bloggers jare
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by BABANGBALI: 7:48am On Jun 01, 2016
Emeka71:
The money is used in developing this forum we all enjoy .
emeka71 fearing and supporting seun since 100AD in order for him not to be banned
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Bosch10(m): 8:29am On Jun 01, 2016
Crystal70200:
How Nigerians Helped Abandoned Mother Of Late Football Legend Rashidi Yekini

Late Rashidi Yekini remains Super Eagles's highest goal-scorer with 37 goals in 58 appearances (1984 - 1998). He will be remembered forever for scoring .
Nigeria's first FIFA World Cup goal in Dallas, USA, during the match against Bulgaria on June 21, 1994

His mother, Alhaja Sikiratu Yekini, lost all the support and was abandoned. A Good Samaritan gave the aged lady some money to maintain her small business, but it was barely enough for her to survive.

Some meaningful Nigerians heard this message, pitied the woman and raised funds for her! A bank account was opened on her behalf, and goods were bought for her mini store. Cash was also handed over to her to enable Alhaja Sikiratu Yekini attend to little errands.

A group of Good Samaritans, who were touched by the current status of the mother of the late former Nigerian football star Rashidi Yekini, have raised the sum of N290,000 for the octogenarian in less than 48 hours.

Suraj Tunji Oyewale, a successful chattered accountant based from Lagos, championed a course on his Facebook page for some monetary contribution for Mama Sikiratu Yekini after reading NAIJ.com's previous reports on what the woman has been going through.

"I want to thank all the people who put their hands in their pockets to help me, and I pray that God will be with you all," Mama Sikiratu said amidst tears to NAIJ.com upon receiving the donation.

On his own part, Suraj Tunji Oyewale promised to put Mama Sikiratu Yekini on a monthly pay for the next one year and, therefore, applauded all the people who stood by him to raise funds.

Source: http://specials.naij.com/rashidi-yekini-mother
this shuld also be done to mamman vatsa's wife and others
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by jibs4lv(m): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2016
God pls help me, I really love to help too.... I feel for d woman even from d First post some months ago were sh was pictured selling bread.
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by tomakint: 2:25am On Jun 04, 2016
Bosch10:
this shuld also be done to mamman vatsa's wife and others
Mamman Vatsa's wife had long been dead (2012) may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Sikiratu Yekini Receives Cash And Goods From A Group Of Nigerians by Bosch10(m): 6:37am On Jun 04, 2016
tomakint:

Mamman Vatsa's had long been dead (2012) may her soul rest in peace.
what?;(

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Confused After Coming On As Substitute. Photos / Nigerian Footballers And Their Wives (Pictures) / Imke Wubbenhorst: I Pick Players According To The Size Of Their Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.